Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby CALiGeR190 » 14 April 2016, 20:48

Imperator5 wrote:I'm not sure about it. I kind of feel like the IN favour should be about elite crewmen and how well drilled they are.

Eh. I disagree.
The favour makes me think that I've gotten the 'Favour' of the admiralty and thus I'm able to call in more ships at will (obviously if I went all out with that idea it'd be utterly broken), so I'm kind of desperate to see that realised in a rework of the favour.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 April 2016, 21:11

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I'm not sure about it. I kind of feel like the IN favour should be about elite crewmen and how well drilled they are.

Eh. I disagree.
The favour makes me think that I've gotten the 'Favour' of the admiralty and thus I'm able to call in more ships at will (obviously if I went all out with that idea it'd be utterly broken), so I'm kind of desperate to see that realised in a rework of the favour.

Hm, the "more ships" angle could be done by making the Navy favour reduce the ship's point costs.... like 50% point reduction or rather -50 point cost for the ship would mean that you could have:

1 cruiser or 1 IN favour cruiser and 1 light cruiser, or an extra light cruiser. Could still be broken, but could be tested to see what numbers work.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 14 April 2016, 21:15

Imperator5 wrote:Hm, the "more ships" angle could be done by making the Navy favour reduce the ship's point costs.... like 50% point reduction or rather -50 point cost for the ship would mean that you could have:

1 cruiser or 1 IN favour cruiser and 1 light cruiser, or an extra light cruiser. Could still be broken, but could be tested to see what numbers work.

I would appreciate this being looked at :)
I also made some edits to my suggestions if you want another look over.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 April 2016, 21:41

Until someone makes mod tools, I can only theorycraft here, I'm not a program coder so I can't make them : (

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 14 April 2016, 22:00

Imperator5 wrote:Until someone makes mod tools, I can only theorycraft here, I'm not a program coder so I can't make them : (

I'm aware.
It's why I'm waiting patiently for mod tools to appear and putting forward my ideas in advance.
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 13 June 2016, 23:30

Victory battleship by the amazing PistonMiner! I'm so excited! I can't wait until I can try this lovely battleship out!

I decided the Victory should have dorsal lances too to make it different from the Apocalype beside having longer range.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 14 June 2016, 00:08

Imperator5 wrote:Image

Victory battleship by the amazing PistonMiner! I'm so excited! I can't wait until I can try this lovely battleship out!

I decided the Victory should have dorsal lances too to make it different from the Apocalype beside having longer range.

Wo Wo Wo

hold the phone how did you make that?

SHARE YOUR SECRETS

Also, Slamblasta BB for orks when? :P
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Demoulius

Postby Demoulius » 14 June 2016, 00:20

Honestly implementing new ships shouldnt be such a major hassle. Model wise most factions have templates for battery, lance and launch bays. Lets call them modules.

The only thing that you need to do to implement some of the missing ship variants is apply the proper modules to it and swap the stats out accordingly. Tadda. New ship :lol:

This seems like an interesting thread though, have to check back here from time to time :)

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 14 June 2016, 06:31

Imperator5 wrote:Image

Wait...
How? When? Are the devs K with this?
-Imperial Navy

BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 June 2016, 14:41

I doubt they give a **** since PistonMiner and I are not touching anything DLC related and thus not doing anything threatening towards their income.

The credit goes to him, not me, he figured out how to modify the files. As for Slamblasta, I'm not sure the broadside Zapps can be achieved, since we can only put in models that already exist in game.

So basically just use the existing ship parts models to make new combinations. So GW does not need to worry about a copyright infringing Age of Sigmar mod with Sigmar riding the Death Star to battle.

Stats and such I think are actually linked to the modules. So if you swap out module, the ship changes weapons. If you edit the module, the ship shoots faster, for example.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”