Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 11 March 2016, 17:25

Added ork info and whatever I could on Eldar since I could not level Admiral Elfdar to maximum, CTT ended 2 days too soon!
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 11 March 2016, 18:06

I'm all for this, do we have an ETA for this fine mod?
Last edited by CALiGeR190 on 11 March 2016, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 11 March 2016, 18:29

CALiGeR190 wrote:I'm all for this, do we have an ETA for this fine mode?

Well, when we get any mod tools and when somebody who can do model edits helps me out :)

If we get mod tools, I can do all the attribute changes. I just cant make 3ds models and such!

I would be happy to work on it as soon as mod tools are ready (either dev given or made by players). My Dow2 mod, Vengeance of the Blood Ravens, is ready. It has 4000+ downloads, so I hope I can mod this one too :)

Edit:

I may make torpedoes and nova cannons do a "automatic basic attack" and use the abilities for special ammo. This is because the UI can't handle a big load of buttons and I may need to do this. Also Imperial nova cannons will be much more accurate, and torpedoes homing but not shield-piercing (how would they get through dimensional displacement shields?) .

Also, these are my totally not canon but fun ork looted nova cannon ideas:

Meganuke: Flinging a few zettatons of atomic explosive at the enemy, this one deals light damage in a huge aoe. Weaker than imperial plasma shells, but the heavy radiation interferes with enemy detection range, reducing it and allowing the boyz to get in close to krump da gitz!

Boomkannon: Fires a huge swath of shrapnel at near-luminal speed, dealing damage in a cone (or just have the damage spread in a bigger aoe if targeted far away?) Medium damage, medium area.

Kroozerbusta: A giant very heavy shell, a weaker version of the Imperium's Neutronium shells. Standard automatic attack, I think.

What do people think on them?

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 March 2016, 14:25

I really hope the developers will give us mod tools. I also hope that the compartmental ship design will mean that the ships got "separate" weapon models that can be swapped by coding.

I decided to make standard torpedoes autofire, with special ones being click and target abilities like strike craft. I feel like the UI will only be able to handle a specific amount of abilities....

...which leads me to the idea of using the carrier AI for Nova cannons to give them 3 extra shell option slots. I think I don't make novas do autofire, it would waste shots.
Some like Neutronium shells would not be able to be fired at "blip" enemies. Also, all nova cannon cooldown extended to 120 sec or 180 sec, not sure.
Also, greatly increase nova cannon accuracy against sighted targets.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 27 March 2016, 18:38

Some screenshots about what I intend to put on the ships.

Orkan

Postby Orkan » 27 March 2016, 21:44

Great Thread Imperator

I truly hope we can get a Dev mod toolkit to aid you in your endeavour.

I would like to add the option to turn on/off various skills in matches such as bombs, stasis and taunt for example. Kind of how certain DOW mods had checkboxes for certain 'game win conditions'.

It would definately be fun to play 'clean' matches where the game is all about maneuver and positioning and the weaponry on the ships themselves. It would be great to see more upgrades and other skills too if that would be at all possible. I feel the best skills are those that affect your own ships, such as alter speed, turn rate. Debuffs I'm not so fond of but as long as a mod would feature an option to select permitted skills it would be up to the player to choose default or any other combination.

All the best keep it up! o7

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 27 March 2016, 22:48

one thought borrowed from table top, and you'd proably need to tweek the favors a bit to make this work, is giving chaos ships the option to, for an increase in points costs, to take chaos space marines on a ship.

another thing I'd love is to be able to take space marine ships with the Imperial navy. I know the armageddon fleet fleet allowed it

ANBAL534

Postby ANBAL534 » 28 March 2016, 00:04

I know how to code in a variety of languajes, I would be pleased to help to mod this game in whatever I can, for example to make the modding tools if the devs don't give them to us.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 28 March 2016, 00:23

I love the Idea of a mod eventually coming with the game.

SO FAR I AM LIKING WHAT IM SEEING FOR ALL THE SHIPS. Keep up the good work bud.

Also add Ship costumization for a PERSONNEL ship.

It wont be to hard to add in i think. The bigger the ship the more adjustments you can make

EXAMPLE:

My Imperial ships is soooo slow i want to make it go faster. I improve engines but sacrifice some shield strength or armor.

My Chaos ship isnt tanky enough. Add Extra armor but sacrifice DPS or speed.

etc

You are allowed 2 upgrades But each Upgrade has its own diminishing returns.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 28 March 2016, 00:55

Thank you for any support you can muster :)

I am actually thinking to give ships an upgrade slot every level for more customisation, and changing abilities a bit.

Remove a lot of bomb abilities and such for abilities that enhance weapons for example.

Also, I want to make repair skill to repair critical systems if you spec into the techpriest.

I'm thinking about making bombers act like fighters, just attacking every enemy ships they can in a huge area around the carrier (With more bombers) .

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”