Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
User avatar
Sputnik
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 168
Joined: 22 October 2015, 16:31
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Sputnik » 03 March 2016, 18:27

Kudos for putting in the time and work for this idea but uhm... is it even officially confirmed that there will be a opportunity to create mods? If yes, does anybody has a link to the statement?

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 03 March 2016, 18:32

Sputnik wrote:Kudos for putting in the time and work for this idea but uhm... is it even officially confirmed that there will be a opportunity to create mods? If yes, does anybody has a link to the statement?


There is no official confirmation yet. Based on the engine, modding is likely, so experts tell.

Dawn of war 2 had no official mod support either, yet it had a modding community, with the Codex Mod, Warpstorm over Aurelia, Closer to codex, and my own Wrath/Vengeance of Blood Ravens mods.

Therefore, based on logical extrapolation, it is likely that mods can be made. So instead of being negative in other threads, I put some creative effort into my idea. Of course, so far its just an idea.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Flyingrhinoman
Posts: 36
Joined: 02 February 2016, 23:33
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Flyingrhinoman » 03 March 2016, 23:24

I hope there is mod support andwith the way the ships are designed if there was just a Module editor for upgrades then most of this forum is taken care of.
For those who challenge the might of the Imperium I laugh at you as you desperately try to damage the armored prow while I watch you scrabble to doge my glorious swarm of torpedoes. Eldar please run away

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 03 March 2016, 23:30

Flyingrhinoman wrote:I hope there is mod support andwith the way the ships are designed if there was just a Module editor for upgrades then most of this forum is taken care of.


I hope for the latter too. Mod support has not been a thing for a decade, and I doubt Tindalos has enough time to work on mod tools.
Still if not, the models are very alike and it should be mix-matchable since a lot of assets are the same with each race.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Candor
Posts: 313
Joined: 01 March 2016, 15:18
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Candor » 04 March 2016, 00:08

On a semi-related note, does this mean that multiplayer is not going to be mostly based around a matchmaking system? (If you can answer and still comply with the NDA?)
"Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone."

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 04 March 2016, 01:05

Candor wrote:On a semi-related note, does this mean that multiplayer is not going to be mostly based around a matchmaking system? (If you can answer and still comply with the NDA?)


I'm not sure if I can answer that I'm afraid. A mod will most likely only work in singleplayer anyway.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Flyingrhinoman
Posts: 36
Joined: 02 February 2016, 23:33
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Flyingrhinoman » 04 March 2016, 17:57

Related to modules:

In the TT once a ship was bought for a campaign it really couldn't be altered much and so major refits where never a part of the campaign rules. For example, if a lunar class was heavily damaged and so is torpedo tubes were destroyed, it couldn't be repaired and replaced with a nova cannon even if there was points allowed. This was fairly simple way of avoiding list tailoring for the campaign.

However in the multiplayer with the persistent fleets does this mean that the most experienced ships will most like be the bog standard cruiser because that is what is going to be used the most. They are going to be getting a ton more xp then the other ships that are more useful against some but are god awful against other fleets. For example the tyrant is an excellent ship when fighting eldar but less so against orks on the flip side the gothic is wonderful against orks but does Diddy squat against eldar. Since people avoid fielding these ships they are going to lag behind in terms of xp which makes matchmaking difficult as the upgrades of the imperial player are going to lag behind on some of the ships where as the orks and eldar players won't necessarily have the same issues.

this can make for a very imbalanced match making system, and so does anyone have any clue how to rectify it or can ships be refitted between battles so that they all get xp if you keep rotating them in and out.
For those who challenge the might of the Imperium I laugh at you as you desperately try to damage the armored prow while I watch you scrabble to doge my glorious swarm of torpedoes. Eldar please run away

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 04 March 2016, 18:36

Flyingrhinoman wrote:Related to modules:

In the TT once a ship was bought for a campaign it really couldn't be altered much and so major refits where never a part of the campaign rules. For example, if a lunar class was heavily damaged and so is torpedo tubes were destroyed, it couldn't be repaired and replaced with a nova cannon even if there was points allowed. This was fairly simple way of avoiding list tailoring for the campaign.

However in the multiplayer with the persistent fleets does this mean that the most experienced ships will most like be the bog standard cruiser because that is what is going to be used the most. They are going to be getting a ton more xp then the other ships that are more useful against some but are god awful against other fleets. For example the tyrant is an excellent ship when fighting eldar but less so against orks on the flip side the gothic is wonderful against orks but does Diddy squat against eldar. Since people avoid fielding these ships they are going to lag behind in terms of xp which makes matchmaking difficult as the upgrades of the imperial player are going to lag behind on some of the ships where as the orks and eldar players won't necessarily have the same issues.

this can make for a very imbalanced match making system, and so does anyone have any clue how to rectify it or can ships be refitted between battles so that they all get xp if you keep rotating them in and out.


I'm afraid:

A: I can't say. NDA. I will tell you in detail once the NDA is lifted, but I'm sorry to say that I can't do anything until that happens.
B: This mod will aim to be LORE friendly, and not TT friendly, and thus will differ greatly from BFG rulebook material.



From the MOD perspective, Longer range ships will be better against Eldar, and shorter range ships better against orks. THis is just all my theorycrafting here about my mod, not info on any actual game mechanics.

In the lore, eldar ship tactic is to do an ambush, quickly wear down the shields, disable engines, and stay in the enemy's rear. They trust in their speed and holofields to keep the super-fragile ships intact during the short period of assault time that the enemy can fire on them, before they move into the rear.
Long ranged Imperial ships would be able to fire at the eldar from farther away, thus countering their rapid speed and manoeverability.
Also, macrocannons would be more useful against eldar, because they can't avoid huge swathes of space filled by huge AOE explosions, while the precision attacks of lances would be nullified if the holofield does its job.

For orks, they would inevitably close with you, and thus, ships with heavy broadsides like the Avenger Grand cruiser which would be a perfect anti-ork tool, hammering the greenskins to ruin as they fight a close ranged duel.

Against Chaos, long ranged lances would be the best, which would allow the Imperial vessels to strike back at the chaos ships without becoming a sitting duck for them to hit-and-run wear down like a wolfpack. Short ranged weapons would not work, since Chaos ships could flee and keep attacking at long range.

These are of course broad generalisations, and with different class vs class matches, could go totally the other way.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 09 March 2016, 19:56

I'll put in a big update on tomorrow when the NDA is lifted.

I'll also update the Imperial section of ships based on the info that got out from under the NDA due to the Angry Joe Exclusive.

I'll also try to add the wing railguns if I can.

Image
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 10 March 2016, 23:01

Added some more info, especially on Chaos ships.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.


Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron