Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Ashardalon

Re: Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Postby Ashardalon » 17 March 2017, 06:14

blue i guess for easy recognition but im ok with orange
as long as the lazers are thinner then lances im good

Arkmut

Postby Arkmut » 17 March 2017, 11:26

As long as they are different from the chaos ones, I'm ok with it
but I think blue would make some kind of uniformity with the other imperium lances

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 17 March 2017, 12:40

Arkmut wrote:As long as they are different from the chaos ones, I'm ok with it
but I think blue would make some kind of uniformity with the other imperium lances

They are not lances. They are batteries, thus have no AP value.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Arkmut

Postby Arkmut » 17 March 2017, 12:49

Imperator5 wrote:

Oh my bad I didn't knew that

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 17 March 2017, 14:41

Arkmut wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

Oh my bad I didn't knew that

They were intially meant to be regular batteries, but PM said he had to change them to lances, or the beams that missed would have glitched up, so they are now "Lance" type for upgrades, but without lance AP.

So far, the votes are :

There is one Imperial Lance. Two Orange. There is one for Blue Demiurg, but ok with orange if that is impossible. There is one "different from chaos lance is ok, but some type of blue would be nice" and there is one that goes "I want them to be different from all other weapon types for easy recognition"

Red:0 (-1) One person asked that it not be easily confused with other lances, so -1.
Orange: 2 (+2) Two people are okey with this one, as a fallback option in case the demiurg blue lances can't be done.
Demiurg Blue: 2 (+1) One person made a general blue vote, so I'm putting that here.
Tau Ions Blue: 0 Nobody wants this!
Imperial Lances Blue: 1 (-1) One person liked it, but another asked that it not be easily confused with other lances, so -1.

This means that Orange and recoloured blue Demiurg lances are the most popular so far.

This is how it looks now:

Last edited by Imperator5 on 18 March 2017, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 18 March 2017, 00:57

I wouldnt see a problem with the Ion cannon blue fx for laser battery.. it keeps with the realm of IN, blue lances and such, but I am not opposed to a yellow or orange Ion cannon color either.

Awesome Piston! Pretty sweet you can do some mix and match! Can you put different ships with different factions? Like a dauntless to the SM? Just a wonder.

Mirorog

Postby Mirorog » 18 March 2017, 09:05

I vote for recolored Demiurg effects. It looks nice.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 18 March 2017, 11:49

Neighbor Kid wrote:I wouldnt see a problem with the Ion cannon blue fx for laser battery.. it keeps with the realm of IN, blue lances and such, but I am not opposed to a yellow or orange Ion cannon color either.

Awesome Piston! Pretty sweet you can do some mix and match! Can you put different ships with different factions? Like a dauntless to the SM? Just a wonder.

I'm not sure if ships can be ported. Even if possible, DLC faction ships would not be able to be ported for legal reasons to other races.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 18 March 2017, 13:18

Imperator5 wrote:
Neighbor Kid wrote:I wouldnt see a problem with the Ion cannon blue fx for laser battery.. it keeps with the realm of IN, blue lances and such, but I am not opposed to a yellow or orange Ion cannon color either.

I'm not sure if ships can be ported. Even if possible, DLC faction ships would not be able to be ported for legal reasons to other races.

Pretty sure youd be ok. Its a mod, your not trying to make money off of it. What would be illegal would be to use the models to create 3d models for profit...

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 18 March 2017, 13:49

I did think about making Grand cruisers by mixing Chaos BC bodies with IMP prows but I do not think that is possible.
But I do not want to port SM, Tau, or any dlc ships to other races. I rather avoid grey areas and stay in good graces.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”