Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Drakausa

Re: Imperator's and PistonMiner's 'Veritatem Imperialis' mod - Prerelease test available

Postby Drakausa » 03 July 2016, 15:21

I have never used mods because of the fear of adding a layer of coding over a corporation design coding structure. However, I am nothing short of amazed at the time, skill and knowledge shown in this mod description. All those beautiful ships, easy to read and understand explanations. Especially noticed were the point system cost of each ship with NO 'xtra' points (+2, +5 etc...) deliberately used to reduce the ships available (and fleet size).

Also, I read the part about sticking to Lore as much as possible. Your mod does that better than anything I have seen so far, especially between game structure and actual Lore. The Lore has brought the majority of players to this game and has been the primary marketing point for sales (look at the videos from Tindalos).

The company has been furiously 'fixing' the bugs and some of the play structure and I am still uneasy about adding additional code. Especially if they do not want modding, certainly at this point at least. However, the possibility of having your beautiful ships mods to add to the game is powerful and enticing. Hopefully Tindalos will lift that NDA soon and assist you in the modding effort. Got my fingers crossed and this will likely be my first time in using a mod.

Bludfist

Re: Imperator's and PistonMiner's 'Veritatem Imperialis' mod - Prerelease test available

Postby Bludfist » 03 July 2016, 15:40

Imperator5 wrote:Lasers got slightly higher damage but lower rate of fire, for less DPS average. They however got 100% accuracy (Can not be helped, engine)

quick question about lasers, much like lances do they treat armor as 25?
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 03 July 2016, 15:47

Bludfist wrote:quick question about lasers, much like lances do they treat armor as 25?

They do not.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 03 July 2016, 16:08

Bludfist wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:Lasers got slightly higher damage but lower rate of fire, for less DPS average. They however got 100% accuracy (Can not be helped, engine)

quick question about lasers, much like lances do they treat armor as 25?

They lances in very respect except they don't have AP.
Can use lance upgrades still, they make for excellent sheild disrupters.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 03 July 2016, 16:22

I'm wondering if you are planning to test whenever "faster firing lance" is better for Eldar than the high spike one we have? I'm very curious to see the results of the comparison.

Mirorog

Postby Mirorog » 03 July 2016, 16:44

Enforcer's hangars don't have LODS, they just dissapear when looked from afar.
Also, I think that Vanquisher's missiles are too small. I don't know if it possile to mod effects that much, but it would be cool if they looked like small torpedoes. With actual projectiles and smoke trails.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 03 July 2016, 16:52

Yeah it is planned to make Pulsars into fast firing lances, with a rate of fire of 5 seconds, twice as fast as the other lances. It will not remain as it is now, as it is counter to every aspect of the eldar lore and the tabletop mechanics both.

The laser batteries are indeed not armour piercing.

I think the larger missiles are possible, but not sure on the Hangars. PistonMiner had to get them from the cinematic renders.

Also, the NDA was only in for stuff that was not yet known, or eldar stuff during beta.

Currently there is no NDA material for me, since there is nothing tested currently at the testing group.

I'm happy people like the mod.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 03 July 2016, 16:58

Yeah the Vanq missles look a little underwhelming.

Also probably going to start sharing my mod builds soon.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Mirorog

Postby Mirorog » 03 July 2016, 16:59

Imperator5 wrote:Yeah it is planned to make Pulsars into fast firing lances, with a rate of fire of 5 seconds, twice as fast as the other lances. It will not remain as it is now, as it is counter to every aspect of the eldar lore and the tabletop mechanics both.

The laser batteries are indeed not armour piercing.

I think the larger missiles are possible, but not sure on the Hangars. PistonMiner had to get them from the cinematic renders.

Also, the NDA was only in for stuff that was not yet known, or eldar stuff during beta.

Currently there is no NDA material for me, since there is nothing tested currently at the testing group.

I'm happy people like the mod.

And cinematic stuff don't have LODs because they are not needed. Is it possible to mod the effects, and not just recolor them? I made custom effects mods for other games, and it was really fun. It would be cool if I could do something here.

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 03 July 2016, 17:01

Imperator5 wrote:Yeah it is planned to make Pulsars into fast firing lances, with a rate of fire of 5 seconds, twice as fast as the other lances. It will not remain as it is now, as it is counter to every aspect of the eldar lore and the tabletop mechanics both.
What I was asking for is a matchup between the "TT" pulsar and the "current" pulsar, to see how they perform side by side. I really wanted to hear in detail why the devs went with the current pulsar setup for BFG:A.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”