Veritatem Imperialis mod - Version 1.2

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Halstead
Posts: 212
Joined: 23 April 2016, 22:20
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Halstead » 01 July 2016, 16:41

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:They are smartass, but not in that way. IN wouldn't be so stupid as to take thousands of slaves more than they need and then have severe problems with keeping them alive (food n' stuff), disposing of their bodies and so on instead of just asking Mechanicum for some hydraulics. That part of lore in particular, if I remember well, comes from 3rd editions, when the levels of Grimdark went so absolutely off-the-charts it was ridiculous even for 40k standards, so all the less reason to take it seriously.

As for balance <--> lore, I'd say balance. Just look at Eldar example I gave, you'll see.
It's quite an extreme, but probably the best example.

It is quite difficult for them to keep producing ships bigger than escorts and they even have issues with making escorts in the present time of the setting. It's not a stretch for them to use manpower to save machineries for other things as needed and to fill in for them if they can't be produced enough or not at all.
But I wouldn't use that in the game! That's too detailed :lol:

User avatar
Cryhavok
Posts: 292
Joined: 03 June 2016, 16:02
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Cryhavok » 01 July 2016, 16:46

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:game-practical > lore accurate > TT accurate > apocrypha accurate


I disagree. *summons Flammers of Tzeentch to light pants on fire*

It sounds good, but it has problems:

1-The lore argues with itself
2-The lore is based on stories, and many of those stories involve plot armor. Games should not have anything based on plot armor and having to sort through what is and isn't plot armor is a mind breaking task.

I would put TT accurate>lore accurate>apocrypha, with the exception: if the game balance needs something different than TT, draw from lore accurate to address the imbalance.

The TT is already based on the lore (old outdated lore, but still lore), so it should be fairly close to it already, only it has already gone through a balancing process, just for a different medium.

*calls Flesh Hounds of Khorne to begin stalking the offending psyker*
Do you hear the voices too?!?

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Imperator5 » 01 July 2016, 16:51

Yeah though Eldar actually were un-canon in their Pulsars.

Pulsars are supposed to be lances with better rate of fire, not one huge attack and a very long cooldown. In fact I imagine them being the fastest firing lances in game, but with the shortest range.

Yeah I doubt the Imperials would use weapons reload slaves, because they die too easily and the shells are simply too heavy to lift by hand. I just can't think people could lift them, if they were not very augmented servitors or Space Marines or ogryns.

I want this to be a lore mod, but my other concern is balance. Honestly I feel like Tindalos already did a good job with making a tabletop adaptation, except for the real time and not turn based thing, but that's not moddable anyway.

So I would rather bring something new for the lore fans than just redo the tiny changes Tindalos did like incorrect Mars battery range.

So lore wise for example, a Nova cannon would kill pretty much any cruiser in one shot.

However, I'm thinking about Novas having 300/plasma, 400/vortex 500/neutronium/no-aoe, 150/nuke and 250/kroozerbusta damage, and cruisers 800 health and 600 shields.
Last edited by Imperator5 on 01 July 2016, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Ahzek Ahriman
Posts: 434
Joined: 15 May 2016, 12:51
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 01 July 2016, 16:54

Cryhavok wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:game-practical > lore accurate > TT accurate > apocrypha accurate


I disagree. *summons Flammers of Tzeentch to light pants on fire*


Bad idea. Those flamers will listen to me. At least who to put on fire but this will suffice. Enjoy your ass on fire muhahahaha.
Cryhavok wrote:It sounds good, but it has problems:

1-The lore argues with itself
2-The lore is based on stories, and many of those stories involve plot armor. Games should not have anything based on plot armor and having to sort through what is and isn't plot armor is a mind breaking task.

I would put TT accurate>lore accurate>apocrypha, with the exception: if the game balance needs something different than TT, draw from lore accurate to address the imbalance.

I fully agree and that's what I was talking about, draw from official lore (whether TT or fluff) but do not hesitate to bend it to practicality rather than blindly sticking to TT numbers and mechanics.

I also have an idea about customization.
It'd be good to have customized weapon slots but too big deviations from lore is not good either. Emperor as a lance boat is not cool, by any means.

We could give varying degrees of costs for weapon batteries. Say, battleships have three "segments" of broadside batteries.

Let's say we want to exchange amidships macro battery for lance battery.
Retribution: certain point cost, this battleship is a gunboat, and Victory is said to have derived from this design.
Emperor: not at all supposed to have lance weaponry, its generators are weaker. Possible upgrade but at an increased (compared to Retribution) point cost, because design is not suited for this weapon type and it needs additional adjustments/generators to fit lances. Increased to the point it's almost not worth it, but possible nevertheless.

And inverse.
Retribution is designed to have dorsal lances and gun batteries.
Fitting an ordnance bay or dorsal macro turret would be more troublesome than on Emperor who has them by default.
If I want to make Emperor into full carrier and give him 3rd segment of bays instead of his battery, I have to pay less then to fit a single bank of ordnance bays to Retribution.
Last edited by Ahzek Ahriman on 01 July 2016, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's and PistonMiner's Veritatum Imperialis mod

Postby Imperator5 » 01 July 2016, 17:01

The mod has been renamed after we made a combined effort to come up with a new name!

The Truth of the Imperium mod

The Imperium ships have a lot of semi canon ships we can add if it is required, no need to get them all changed.

Updated OP post with relevant data and new stuff.

Semi canon Imperial ships:

Terra battleship: 2 macros and 1 lance broadsides, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Reprisal battleship: 2 macros and hangar broadsides, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Majestic battleship: 2 hangars and lance broadsides, dorsal lances, prow sensors.

Neptune Battlecruiser: 2 broadside lances, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Chalice battlecruiser: 2 broadside marcos, dorsal macros, prow torpedoes.

Relentless Cruiser : 2 broadside hangars, prow torpedoes.

Chaos:

Corruptor battleship: 3 broadside hangars, dorsal lances.

Warmaster battleship: 2 broadside hangars and 1 weapon batteries, dorsal and prow batteries.

Defiler battleship: 3 broadside macros, dorsal macros and prow torpedoes.

Amon battleship: 1 hangar 1 lance 1 battery broadside, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Repressor battleship: 2 lance and 1 battery broadside, prow torpedoes? (and dorsal batteries?)

Dethroner battleship: 2 hangars 1 lance broadside, dorsal batteries and prow lance.

Blasphemer fast battlship: 3 broadside macros, heavy prow/dorsal lance?


So there is a lot of ships to cherry pick from if we need more.
Last edited by Imperator5 on 01 July 2016, 17:39, edited 2 times in total.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Cryhavok
Posts: 292
Joined: 03 June 2016, 16:02
Contact:

Re: Imperator's mod idea

Postby Cryhavok » 01 July 2016, 17:03

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:


I disagree. *summons Flammers of Tzeentch to light pants on fire*


Bad idea. Those flamers will listen to me. At least who to put on fire but this will suffice. Enjoy your ass on fire muhahahaha.


Joke's on you: My ass is already on fire. Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Do you hear the voices too?!?

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Imperator's and PistonMiner's 'Veritatum Imperialis' mod

Postby Imperator5 » 01 July 2016, 21:42

I did a little bit of messing around to see how the game handles more battleships.

Anyway, here is some laser battery and neutronium shots.

Image

Image
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Imperator's and PistonMiner's Veritatum Imperialis mod

Postby CALiGeR190 » 02 July 2016, 15:24

Imperator5 wrote:The mod has been renamed after we made a combined effort to come up with a new name!

The Truth of the Imperium mod

The Imperium ships have a lot of semi canon ships we can add if it is required, no need to get them all changed.

Updated OP post with relevant data and new stuff.

Semi canon Imperial ships:

Terra battleship: 2 macros and 1 lance broadsides, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Reprisal battleship: 2 macros and hangar broadsides, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Majestic battleship: 2 hangars and lance broadsides, dorsal lances, prow sensors.

Neptune Battlecruiser: 2 broadside lances, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Chalice battlecruiser: 2 broadside marcos, dorsal macros, prow torpedoes.

Relentless Cruiser : 2 broadside hangars, prow torpedoes.

Chaos:

Corruptor battleship: 3 broadside hangars, dorsal lances.

Warmaster battleship: 2 broadside hangars and 1 weapon batteries, dorsal and prow batteries.

Defiler battleship: 3 broadside macros, dorsal macros and prow torpedoes.

Amon battleship: 1 hangar 1 lance 1 battery broadside, dorsal lances, prow torpedoes.

Repressor battleship: 2 lance and 1 battery broadside, prow torpedoes? (and dorsal batteries?)

Dethroner battleship: 2 hangars 1 lance broadside, dorsal batteries and prow lance.

Blasphemer fast battlship: 3 broadside macros, heavy prow/dorsal lance?


So there is a lot of ships to cherry pick from if we need more.

Most of those I've never heard of... where are they all from?
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Imperator's and PistonMiner's 'Veritatum Imperialis' mod

Postby CALiGeR190 » 02 July 2016, 15:25

Imperator5 wrote:I did a little bit of messing around to see how the game handles more battleships.

Anyway, here is some laser battery and neutronium shots.

Image

Image

Some I've game play would be great for this battle (or something like it showing everything off).
Looks epic from the screenshots!
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
Shaftoe
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 271
Joined: 03 November 2015, 10:22
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.
Contact:

Re: Imperator's and PistonMiner's 'Veritatem Imperialis' mod

Postby Shaftoe » 02 July 2016, 15:41

THIS IS MADNESS! I like it!
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.


Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron