Revised opinions on the Orks and Eldar

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
MYNAME?

Re: Revised opinions on the Orks and Eldar

Postby MYNAME? » 10 June 2016, 00:03

Spartan-089 wrote:My question is how are ork catching Chaos let alone Eldar now without taunt? Eldar may be "slower" now but they are still vastly faster than orks and Chaos can comfortably kite at 12k. This seems like a huge nerf for Orks all around (double fires, no more ap rounds, no more taunt). How are orks supposed to catch kitters now? That unreliable speed upgrade that can break our engines? Zzaps?, pretty sure that wont slow them enough.

The zap disruption stacks... all you gotta do is focus fire chaos cruisers and you will catch them real fast. Taunt wasnt all to great vs chaos kite anyways.. it was a soft counter thats bout it. And the speed buff upgrade does not perma damage your engines... slap them on savages and there. Imperials will start crying...

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 10 June 2016, 00:09

so Zzap guns will allow orks to catch chaos eldar etc, but how will IN manage it?

MysticForce

Postby MysticForce » 10 June 2016, 01:16

How IN have always managed it... bring enough Novas.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 10 June 2016, 07:50

BrianDavion wrote:so Zzap guns will allow orks to catch chaos eldar etc, but how will IN manage it?

How they have always managed it, by fighing from long range and using their superior mobility and plasma micros, using their much better torpedos

For all intents and purposes zzzaps are still slow firing lances and they can still have a chance to ignore 25% of the 50% lance shield bypass upgrade

Your more than not going to see people do 1 zzzap + mega kannon as tbt there is no other kustom point combination as strong, zzzap + heavy kannonz makes your ship expensive

Furthermore in ships can brawl ork ships now too as they still have ap upgrade and lotsa gunz is only effective during the duration of lock on and only with that upgrade and even then I'm pretty sure it can't out dps an ap dominator broadside
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 10 June 2016, 12:51

What's this new eldar ability to not be seen at less than 1000 units.. i just played twice against an eldar player and I couldn't see his ships at 1000 unit range dam near the entire time.. This is ridiculously op.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 10 June 2016, 13:00

Neighbor Kid wrote:What's this new eldar ability to not be seen at less than 1000 units.. i just played twice against an eldar player and I couldn't see his ships at 1000 unit range dam near the entire time.. This is ridiculously op.

auger disrupt
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Mav

Postby Mav » 10 June 2016, 14:25

Bludfist wrote:
Neighbor Kid wrote:What's this new eldar ability to not be seen at less than 1000 units.. i just played twice against an eldar player and I couldn't see his ships at 1000 unit range dam near the entire time.. This is ridiculously op.

auger disrupt

Or the new and improved Saim favour
Saim Hamm, redefining the OP

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 11 June 2016, 20:15

eldar are my least played faction so question about saim hamm
it used to have 10k range , it got changed to 3k how exactly did this make this op
i havnt used it jet and wont be playing eldar enough to test it in a while
how exactly does it work now? something changed or i misunderstood how it used to work, again never tried that one since i dont often play eldar

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 11 June 2016, 21:09

Ashardalon wrote:eldar are my least played faction so question about saim hamm
it used to have 10k range , it got changed to 3k how exactly did this make this op
i havnt used it jet and wont be playing eldar enough to test it in a while
how exactly does it work now? something changed or i misunderstood how it used to work, again never tried that one since i dont often play eldar

10k is range. 3k is ability area of effect. It gained area of effect with patch.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 11 June 2016, 22:27

It was a single target ability? wow thats bad, i thought it worked like augur disruption just block everything
Thats a strong but good buff i think, duration might need some tweaking but spotters vs eldar is essential always anyway so... cool

still... assault boats make no sense
unless the repair skill gets reworked, it makes no sense for it to be an activated ability anyway
since tech priests never rest and are always running around with the holy ducttape to keep things from falling apart, click repair open a tab with fires and disabled systems and it takes time to fix, time in wich you cant fix the hull and as orks your ship falls apart(remove the fire debuff, this one is more lore friendly) and more time for external crits (weapons boarding etc like now) because getting the servitors outside wile being shelled isnt always optimal
it would both make crits non permanent, external crits be more severe while still being able to get your systems back... eventually (and i think the eventually matters if it takes 4min to get a reliable usefull crit on a ship having it repaired every 150sec makes it useless)
might make matches a little longer tho

also boarding torpedoes, seem even worse than meltas trading off all reliability to trade a 11%permacrit for at best a 50% tempcrit 12%??? vs nurgle ,did i do the math right :p ?

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”