Revised opinions on the Orks and Eldar

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
kommisar chaR

Re: Revised opinions on the Orks and Eldar

Postby kommisar chaR » 09 June 2016, 19:24

Bludfist wrote:But the looted ship attribute is absolutely bullshit and dosnt need to exist, why it was done i cant understand at all

it makes it so orks can't just bulldoze through a fleet with little risk.
I am the Hammer, I am the edge of his Sword, I am the tip of his Spear, I am the mail about his Fist, I am the flight of his Arrows

tfw eldar go insubordinate
Spoiler : :

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 09 June 2016, 19:29

kommisar chaR wrote:

it makes it so orks can't just bulldoze through a fleet with little risk.

Really? Then i want something similar done to chaos ships, they shouldnt be able to fly dance around a fleet with 15k lances for little risk :roll:

Orks dont have ap rounds anymore, their alpha is greatly reduced, they cannot "bulldoze" through fleets
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

Kashtano

Postby Kashtano » 09 June 2016, 20:03

Bludfist wrote:Orks dont have ap rounds anymore, their alpha is greatly reduced, they cannot "bulldoze" through fleets

Guess its a preparation for kicking AP rounds out of the game completely. Eldar and Chaos never had much use for it, so they won't miss it. Imperium might get another thing (higher macro crit chance?) when Space Marines have their roll-out.

The biggest problem I have with the patch is the double nerf (temp crits and half troop value) to Adeptus Astartes and Mark of Khorne. Was that really necessary?

Spartan-089

Postby Spartan-089 » 09 June 2016, 21:14

My question is how are ork catching Chaos let alone Eldar now without taunt? Eldar may be "slower" now but they are still vastly faster than orks and Chaos can comfortably kite at 12k. This seems like a huge nerf for Orks all around (double fires, no more ap rounds, no more taunt). How are orks supposed to catch kitters now? That unreliable speed upgrade that can break our engines? Zzaps?, pretty sure that wont slow them enough.
Kommando Blitza is da most kunning and savage ork there iz.

Orkz iz okay

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 09 June 2016, 21:16

Kashtano wrote:
Bludfist wrote:Orks dont have ap rounds anymore, their alpha is greatly reduced, they cannot "bulldoze" through fleets

Guess its a preparation for kicking AP rounds out of the game completely. Eldar and Chaos never had much use for it, so they won't miss it. Imperium might get another thing (higher macro crit chance?) when Space Marines have their roll-out.

The biggest problem I have with the patch is the double nerf (temp crits and half troop value) to Adeptus Astartes and Mark of Khorne. Was that really necessary?

Same here. AP needs to be gone in order for SM to be viable so this makes sense.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

MysticForce

Postby MysticForce » 09 June 2016, 21:26

You thought Taunt+Traktor was annoying?

Wait until you see Zzap+Traktor. Not only do you have zero chance of getting away, you are gonna get caught way sooner than before too! At least without AP ammo it isn't nearly as deadly to be within 3k of an Ork ship anymore.

Strangely enough, this leaves Imperials brawler fleets the best at CQC...which is going to be very annoying for Ork players since CQC is the only thing they can do. Still, 175 speed Goff Dethdealas are coming for all your teef! With More Dakka, the Dethdeala might just have doubled it's DPS...

It'll certainly be interesting.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 09 June 2016, 22:17

For the record i want to point out to anyone whom thinks that lotsa gunz with more dakka is some kinde of a staple combat build or something of that nature,

Its only strong during the duration of lock on which means you have to blow your special orders for it

Is it nice? Sure but dont be over reliant on it as your staple dps
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

Pile_O_Gunz

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 09 June 2016, 22:45

Its wrecked my Ork Goff build. Ork brawling took a significant hit with the removal of kannonz AP. You take even more of a hit if you try introduce zaps. Evil sunz traktor/mega kannon build is even more mandatory just now you might see a few zaps thrown in.

kommisar chaR

Postby kommisar chaR » 09 June 2016, 23:15

Bludfist wrote:
Really? Then i want something similar done to chaos ships, they shouldnt be able to fly dance around a fleet with 15k lances for little risk :roll:

that may happen, just was trying to think like the devs.
I am the Hammer, I am the edge of his Sword, I am the tip of his Spear, I am the mail about his Fist, I am the flight of his Arrows

tfw eldar go insubordinate

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 09 June 2016, 23:56

Bludfist wrote:Zzzap upgrades make orks no longer OVER RELAINT on trakktor pulls

new upgrades and shok attack mega kannon buffs make bad moons a more viable favor now

the nerf to brawling due to the removal of ap upgrade is unfortunate

But the looted ship attribute is absolutely bullshit and dosnt need to exist, why it was done i cant understand at all

Because orks are no longer slow and can reck faces at all ranges now.

Cant wait to see mega booster savage spam (+25 speed with chance of not perma engine crit) reck faces.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”