Thoughts of an Itinerant Community Moderator

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Owl
Community Moderator

Thoughts of an Itinerant Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 07 June 2016, 20:03

Howdy from Texas everyone, and long time no see. As some of you probably noticed I dissapeared from the forums a little over a month ago, and the explanation for that is a tad overdue.

I'm graduating soon, and going off to college in the wonderful state of Ohio; not exactly a quick hop-and-a-skip away. Along with that comes the responsibility to not only decide what I want in life, but also follow through with those ambitions. And to be frank I was spending too much time on this site, with this wonderful community. I mean that truthfully. I enjoyed my time here and if given the chance I would do it all over again: all the stupid jokes, fun stories, and trading of ideas made it a joy to be here.

Sincerely,
Owl

P.S. To those who don't think this game will have the momentum to carry on, you are sorely mistaken. I can't quite describe it, but call it a gut feeling: Battle Fleet: Gothic is one of those games that's going to stick around. Its number of players may dip from time to time, but they will come back due to the content we'll be steadily receiving.

Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator

Re: Thoughts of an Itinerant Community Moderator

Postby Alexi_Menser » 08 June 2016, 03:23

You know, the idiotic part of me feels liek I should make some sappy attempt at a "Don't go" scene straight out of an anime with tears and sore hearts etc...

Seriously though, I hope you manage to achieve your goals in life Owl. Best of luck with the future.

Best Wishes,
May The Emperor Protect,
~Alexi
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

Ubikuuu

Postby Ubikuuu » 08 June 2016, 07:03

gl hf XD
I am alive and you are all dead

Leveling up Chaos:
Spoiler : :
https://www.twitch.tv/ubikuuu

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 08 June 2016, 12:25

Welcome to Ohio.

Amoc

Postby Amoc » 08 June 2016, 14:41

Owl wrote:P.S. To those who don't think this game will have the momentum to carry on, you are sorely mistaken. I can't quite describe it, but call it a gut feeling:

It's good that you have faith, but most of us don't. Your gut feeling doesn't help address the persisting balance and design problems we were all reporting in the beta.

Owl wrote: Battle Fleet: Gothic is one of those games that's going to stick around. Its number of players may dip from time to time, but they will come back due to the content we'll be steadily receiving.

BFG is steadily losing 20-25% of the player base weekly and will likely continue to do so. This isn't just a content problem. It's a fundamental problem with the design and testing process. The devs aren't getting things right at the conceptual stage and their testing is piss-poor. That's why the Orks and Eldar were released so broken, why MM is so awful and ultimately why people aren't sticking around for multiplayer.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”