Please let us buy Mod Tools! This Macrocannon Desolator bug shows the game can be modded.

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Please let us buy Mod Tools! This Macrocannon Desolator bug shows the game can be modded.

Postby Imperator5 » 25 May 2016, 08:08

I got this bug in custom matches. However it shows that ship parts are totally interchangable and with mod tools, we could make all the new interesting 40k ships that are not in the game yet!

Please, give us mod tools, it will be great for the longevity of the game. Even if we can't put in new races or new models, just reusing the existing assets to make new ship classes like Armageddon or Apocalypse would be great.

I would pay up to 15-20 bucks worth of sweet DLC money for it!

It would be great, all we would need to be able to do is:
-Edit unit statistics
-Edit in battle mechanics
-Edit fleet size/ship slots
-Edit deployment point cap
-Make new ships using existing in game model parts.

That way, the modders could not make new races that would be DLCs. This would make a lot of fans happy, just see how they love Stellaris for its mod support and customisability.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

RedDevilCG

Re: Please let us buy Mod Tools! This Macrocannon Desolator bug shows the game can be modded.

Postby RedDevilCG » 25 May 2016, 08:42

Mod tools are one of the best gifts a dev can give to their fans. Games with good mod tools tend to last longer too.

Mr Morden

Re: Please let us buy Mod Tools! This Macrocannon Desolator bug shows the game can be modded.

Postby Mr Morden » 25 May 2016, 12:58

Variety is the spice of life - and as noted potentially income generating!
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Tam Hawkins

Postby Tam Hawkins » 25 May 2016, 15:01

I actually would find it pretty cool if we would just get different hulltypes for each shiprank and then could Equipe different weapons on them similiar how orks do it but without the Limit of only changing 2-3 parts.
For example IN BS could have the emperor and Retribution hull types and then you could decide for one and make the ship go full Hangar, 4x Lance batteries and 2xHangar or you just get 6x macro cannons.
And all that would Change is the value Points of your ship.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 25 May 2016, 15:16

This I'm in full support of, make it happen Tindalos.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Wolfie

Postby Wolfie » 25 May 2016, 15:23

I don't think the issue in Tindalos it's most likely GW who are very careful about releasing mod tools for their games.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 25 May 2016, 15:41

GW is very adverse to mods that are like "Starwars and Startrek races for Armada" because they feel Mickey will steal their IP, as if Blizzard and all 3rd party manufacturers have not shamelessly ripped them off to death already.

But if we could only use in game models, it would be fine.

As the bug shows above, the different weapon systems scale and work for other ships, its all modular.

So we could mod in all the missing canon 40k ship types, without endangering GW's lawyer brigade.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Shaftoe
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 25 May 2016, 15:47

The Modus Heresy has just begun.

Emperor, preserve Tindalos from dangers of the forum...
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

iamacyborg

Postby iamacyborg » 25 May 2016, 18:30

Wolfie wrote:I don't think the issue in Tindalos it's most likely GW who are very careful about releasing mod tools for their games.

The precedent is set with Total War: Warhammer's mod support!

Wolfie

Postby Wolfie » 25 May 2016, 20:39

iamacyborg wrote:
Wolfie wrote:I don't think the issue in Tindalos it's most likely GW who are very careful about releasing mod tools for their games.

The precedent is set with Total War: Warhammer's mod support!

The mod support they have already threatened to withdraw if anybody modifies the game beyond what they deem acceptable or makes a conversion mod to a different fantasy setting.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”