ALERT! Cruiser Clash (300), 4 Tyrants battlegroup detected!

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
wowu5

Re: ALERT! Cruiser Clash (300), 4 Tyrants battlegroup detected!

Postby wowu5 » 22 May 2016, 20:28

It seems that in 2v2 the pts buff benefit both both players in the same team.
I have once played a match with 345 pts, which allowed me to field a Desolator-Hellbringer combo.
It turned out that my teammate was just level 2 while both enemies were lv8, so that even I am level 8 as well, I still got the pts bonus.

Seems to be a bit puzzling though, the pts bonus should be by individual player, not by team. I see no reason why my level 8 admiral should've received pts bonus just because my teammate was low level compare to the opposite team.

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 23 May 2016, 00:00

Cuz' it's just total points, the system doesn't really account points individually. Helps make up for the fact that you probably had an 'inexperienced' teammate, I'm guessing is the rationale.

Demoulius

Postby Demoulius » 23 May 2016, 00:00

MysticForce wrote:I recorded a 2v2 where the opponents seemed to have too many ships. One person had 3 Chaos LCs, which impossible even at 315 points. At a minimum, even with Mk2s which no one uses, it would have cost 327. Each Mk1 instead of Mk2 adds 7 points...

I figured it was probably a glitch somewhere - who would bother to cheat for 12 extra points? It's still pretty annoying though, and a lot of people could be be under suspicion of cheating if it's a glitch.

How do we send evidence to the staff anyway? PMs go unanswered.

Ive gotten a few 330 pts matches.

Seriously people, this isent cheating. This a lvl difference between your team and the enemy which results in them getting more points :|

Drakausa

Postby Drakausa » 23 May 2016, 15:14

Believe me MM in PVP games like BFG are all in the same boat. I have stated before and will repeat, as a game designer myself, that Equality of force allows the PLAYERS SKILL to be the primary difference between losing and winning. After that comes luck (RNG). The basic problem for equality of force are the numbers of players available for the MM to match up. In World of Warships the MM has a player at a certain level fight ships as much as two levels higher. Complaints about MM rage throughout the forums because there aren't enough players to allow 1X1 matchups.

Time zones, work hours, players time available from home life requirements, separate continental servers dividing player base, all have a detrimental effect on an MM. Ideally, level 1 admirals should only match against level 1 Admirals or level 1 AI opponents. Period. This would mean your personal skill would matter the most. Add in the 'hard' or 'punishing' play desired by the devs from basic game structure and you get a grind plus frustration for any new player.

At this point I think there will not be, there cannot be, any structural change in the game format. Too few ships available and too many 'specials - upgrades and skills for new players until those who do stick through to the top are the 'elite', and floor wipe the newer players. Long term? Unknown.

Stanley Pain

Postby Stanley Pain » 24 May 2016, 01:00

The game really needs a scoreboard key so we can see Player Name + SteamName/UID so it's easier to report a player for cheating. The anti-cheat countermeasures within the game are weak sauce unfortunately ;(

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 26 May 2016, 06:24

Shaftoe wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:If you are higher level your enemy gets more poonts. I think that is what happened

Alright. This may not be a perfect explanation, but... somewhat. Though, level gap is minimal as we're 6 lvl admirals.

There only needs to be a tiny level discrepancy for one side to gain a point advantage. Even 1 level of difference changes the points I think.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 26 May 2016, 08:47

I think this was a matchmaking issue about lower level players getting more points, not a cheating.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Shaftoe
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 26 May 2016, 11:28

It is a legal cheat then. 4 Tyrants overpower 2 battlecruisers and 2 CLs.

Ridiculous.
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 26 May 2016, 14:04

Shaftoe wrote:It is a legal cheat then. 4 Tyrants overpower 2 battlecruisers and 2 CLs.

Ridiculous.

Good thing those ships won't have full upgrades, then, isn't it?

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 26 May 2016, 16:46

Rolepgeek wrote:
Shaftoe wrote:It is a legal cheat then. 4 Tyrants overpower 2 battlecruisers and 2 CLs.

Ridiculous.

Good thing those ships won't have full upgrades, then, isn't it?

I have to agree there. Tose Tyrants may be unupgraded, while the light and battlecruisers totally upgraded and favored.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”