Dear Tindolos

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Demoulius

Re: Dear Tindolos

Postby Demoulius » 23 May 2016, 00:09

This ability is so.....quirky at times. Honestly when I try to chase enemies it will only allow me to be placed in locations that are farther away from the enemy and when im trying to avoid a ram it wont work at all :evil:

Infact today I used the ability. My ship dident jump, the cooldown got activated and I just got rammed by the Ork battlekroozer that was barging in my direction while I had a perfectly valid location to warp towards with NO ships near it.. :?:

This skill needs some serious rethinking/adjusting...

angelshard

Postby angelshard » 23 May 2016, 08:11

Demoulius wrote:This ability is so.....quirky at times. Honestly when I try to chase enemies it will only allow me to be placed in locations that are farther away from the enemy and when im trying to avoid a ram it wont work at all :evil:

Infact today I used the ability. My ship dident jump, the cooldown got activated and I just got rammed by the Ork battlekroozer that was barging in my direction while I had a perfectly valid location to warp towards with NO ships near it.. :?:

It takes 3 seconds to activate mwj

Demoulius

Postby Demoulius » 24 May 2016, 22:49

angelshard wrote:
Demoulius wrote:This ability is so.....quirky at times. Honestly when I try to chase enemies it will only allow me to be placed in locations that are farther away from the enemy and when im trying to avoid a ram it wont work at all :evil:

It takes 3 seconds to activate mwj

You seem to misunderstand me. It just dident do anything at all, aside from reset the cooldown.

angelshard

Postby angelshard » 25 May 2016, 05:22

Oh that sucks, you should report it as a bug

Demoulius

Postby Demoulius » 26 May 2016, 09:08

:| good idea actually. Should do that lol

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 26 May 2016, 10:35

MWJ is useless and it ties to the ridiculously low sight range of all ships except Emperor and Widowmaker.

Why have 12k+ range when sight is 5k? Why not 10k sight by standard?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Amoc

Postby Amoc » 27 May 2016, 14:09

The best part about it is that it doesn't even tell you where you can MWJ to. You press the button and then you have to scan your cursor around trying to find a spot where you can actually jump to. Without tac cog by the time you've found a spot (if there even are any) you've already been rammed/torpedoes/bombed.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 27 May 2016, 19:19

because that would be a huge nerf to carrier fleets, and anyone using detection range to their advantage again carrier fleets + lore a tyranid fleet is harder to detect than other races because bio instead of metal, according to lore tyranids are within charging distance usually before the first spot, unless there are scanner arrays like the emperor has in system see Cain, for the greater good
scanners in 40k arnt that great and were talking scans good enough for a target lock, i wouldnt be surprised tho if tau have a better standard detection , would like eldar and chaos to have a little buff to it to to 6k or something to represent eldar superior tech and what chaos is using wich is demoninfused archeotech the mechanicus hasnt been able to reproduce in millenia

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 27 May 2016, 19:46

Ashardalon wrote:

because that would be a huge nerf to carrier fleets, and anyone using detection range to their advantage again carrier fleets + lore a tyranid fleet is harder to detect than other races because bio instead of metal, according to lore tyranids are within charging distance usually before the first spot, unless there are scanner arrays like the emperor has in system see Cain, for the greater good
scanners in 40k arnt that great and were talking scans good enough for a target lock, i wouldnt be surprised tho if tau have a better standard detection , would like eldar and chaos to have a little buff to it to to 6k or something to represent eldar superior tech and what chaos is using wich is demoninfused archeotech the mechanicus hasnt been able to reproduce in millenia

Another cain novel has a scanner range at 5 lightyears maximum range for fiding a space hulk. Also, who was talking about bugs? Not me.

Still, 5k is horribly short. Even 10k would let carriers stay at 12k. But really, it is lower than almost all weapon ranges. Its not just that artillery like nova requires spotters, but everything requires them, even the basic 6k weapons, which is silly.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 27 May 2016, 20:02

true but 10k would be to big +scanner urgrade means the fragile chaos ship gets pummeld constantly upping it to 6k would make sense have scanners to spot wat macros can shoot at
i was just referring to bugs as it is one of the few times a lock was reffered to in novels + they arnt fast 5k is not charge distance
also detecting a space hulk is easy compared to a ship, leaking engines uncovered powercores parts of ships boosting constantly
and like i said were talking about a target to fire on detecting a spachulk 5lightjears out is possible although without warpscanners jou could only detect it five jears later so it would make sense that the five lightjear detection range was warpscanners detecting the breach in reality left by the hulk or the warp residue its defective gellerfields would have left clinging to its hull that is a vague location (the red dot during game) they would still need to get much closer to get a proper scan so its macros get a target and you can decide to target its generators or something i think there was a space wolf novel describing it as 7k distance but i cant say for sure

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”