No Eldar balance changes with the latest patch = nail in the coffin.

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Bonger_Bob

No Eldar balance changes with the latest patch = nail in the coffin.

Postby Bonger_Bob » 19 May 2016, 22:44

So the much overdue patch is here, and absolutely nothing has been done to address balance in general let alone the farce that is eldar.

Devs, you had your chance, people have waited an inordinate amount of time for your latest work, the results of which are disappointing to say the least.

Over 3 weeks for a patch, no communication ( which was assured by the devs themselves ), and now a patch that does nothing to improve the only thing that will sustain the game long term, the multiplayer environment and balance in such a mode.

Take note people, this is the day that Tindalos' took action against having the game succeed and take off in a big way.

It could have been a great complex RTS with a major twist that brings something fresh to the scene of mundane APM garbage thats become the normal thing nowdays. Instead we have another sad chapter in the history of the IP conversions to PC, one that has been a flash in the pan.

Great concept, seemingly beautiful inception, failure to achieve long term viability. Hopefully it will be the last time these devs get into bed with GW. Though GW have a history of fucking their own products over without needing outside assistance ( AoS im looking at you ).

Its the first product iv'e purchased from these devs, and early on their tainted past seemed unwarranted, now i will never be buying another thing with their involvement again. The failure to address the eldar imbalance and lack of enjoyment ( for both the eldar player and his opponent ) is a decision they chose to stand by. Its one that I, as im sure others will or have already, be walking away from with sadness.

Elkantar

Re: No Eldar balance changes with the latest patch = nail in the coffin.

Postby Elkantar » 19 May 2016, 22:51

I Guess Tindalos did great, the Campaign is a bit grindy but the story is fun, and some Battles are Challenging.

MP Wise lies the Problem in the Design Decisions beforehand and Early Access Nerfs, the Holoshield nerf destroyed any other playstyle so it forced all Eldar to Pulsars, the lack of Ship Variety Compared to others nailed it.

You can leave but MP is already deserted, and the Game itself will be fun in the future. The Dev's are new and you see and feel they didn't even play their Game vs competitive players. They did the always new devs do mistake, listened to the i cry candy crowd.

But all will be fine in 1 year, like it is with every total waa.. oh wait :P with every new game in the nowadays.

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 20 May 2016, 01:12

MYNAME? wrote:QQ more

As unhelpful as you probably think the people you're mocking are.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 20 May 2016, 02:19

Rolepgeek wrote:

Bober needs to just chill. Yeah we all wished a balance patch came out today but people just gotta step back play something else until the patch hits. Yeah shitty on the devs part but not a nail in the coffin gloomsday bullshit that bonger bob is spreadin. he kinda needs to get a life cause there is no reason peeps need to get over worked over a game. Players will come back to the game if it gets fixed till than your just gonna have to suck it up.

Braincandy

Postby Braincandy » 20 May 2016, 02:25

The OP isn't entirely wrong. The game had a great concept and most of it has been done quite well, it's just a few issues that totally ruin things. The awful state of Eldar. Ork traktor spam. The fact the someone who is losing can just alt-f4 out of the the game and the match times out with no rewards or penalties to either side. Etc...

They are fixing relatively minor bugs without fixing, or even addressing, the problems that make people grind their molars and move on to something else.

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 20 May 2016, 04:21

I agree with you that it's pointless and annoying, I'm just saying that you really aren't helping matters when you do things like that. It tends to exasperate the problem when people feel like their persecution complex is justified, or that the community is toxic. Which, judging by people's inability to refrain from flat-out insulting each other while debating/arguing, might even be true.

Superchibisan

Postby Superchibisan » 21 May 2016, 02:00

Rolepgeek wrote:

This whole thread is unhelpful, as well as your comment. As well as mine. Yet another post on the forum that is the internet.

Superchibisan

Postby Superchibisan » 21 May 2016, 02:01

Also, game is fun as fuck, not sure why you all suck so much at it, but I guess you must be the Mon'Keigh I crush constantly.

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 21 May 2016, 02:07

Bonger_Bob wrote:So the much overdue patch is here, and absolutely nothing has been done to address balance in general let alone the farce that is eldar.

Devs, you had your chance, people have waited an inordinate amount of time for your latest work, the results of which are disappointing to say the least.

Over 3 weeks for a patch, no communication ( which was assured by the devs themselves ), and now a patch that does nothing to improve the only thing that will sustain the game long term, the multiplayer environment and balance in such a mode.

Oh look. MORE vaguely threatening posts by Bonger Bob. You do not represent the majority. You don't even represent the minority. Do everyone a favour and leave.

Take note people, this is the day that Tindalos' took action against having the game succeed and take off in a big way.

Take note people. This is yet another day in which Bonger Bob the troll launched into another trolling "THIS IS THE END OF DAYS!" crusade.

It could have been a great complex RTS with a major twist that brings something fresh to the scene of mundane APM garbage thats become the normal thing nowdays. Instead we have another sad chapter in the history of the IP conversions to PC, one that has been a flash in the pan.

The only "flash in the pan" is your posts.

Great concept, seemingly beautiful inception, failure to achieve long term viability. Hopefully it will be the last time these devs get into bed with GW. Though GW have a history of fucking their own products over without needing outside assistance ( AoS im looking at you ).

There is no "failure to achieve long term viability". What is it with you, and other people like you, that magically assume that a small studio is going to be able to do stuff faster than a AAA studio can?

Its the first product iv'e purchased from these devs, and early on their tainted past seemed unwarranted, now i will never be buying another thing with their involvement again. The failure to address the eldar imbalance and lack of enjoyment ( for both the eldar player and his opponent ) is a decision they chose to stand by. Its one that I, as im sure others will or have already, be walking away from with sadness.

Yeah. I'm sure you said that. But your entire posting history here and on the steam forums is nothing but an endless stream of unwarranted vitriol full of bull and flat out lying BS.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”