Patch doesn't address eldar imbalance???

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Wintermute

Patch doesn't address eldar imbalance???

Postby Wintermute » 19 May 2016, 17:57

I'm not sure if I'm just missing something or if the patch notes I just read actually mean they didn't do a thing to balance Eldar? Please tell me you guys just forgot to put that in the patch notes? How on earth was custom games with your friends seen as a higher priority?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/363680 ... 6599240931

Maye

Re: Patch doesn't address eldar imbalance???

Postby Maye » 19 May 2016, 18:03

Luna

Postby Luna » 19 May 2016, 18:23

There's not even anybody left to care :lol:

Loveable Rascal

Postby Loveable Rascal » 19 May 2016, 19:53

It's probably priorities, repairing potentially serious errors and bugs tends to be more important then balance. You can't make use of any balance changes when the set up itself is unstable enough to prevent you from doing so. It's better to make sure it runs first before you put on the paint.

Purplefluffybunny

Postby Purplefluffybunny » 19 May 2016, 20:42

I too am disappointed that some balancing issues have not been addressed despite the posts from the devs saying that they would be.

Luna wrote:There's not even anybody left to care :lol:

Yes, its a concern.

starduck

Postby starduck » 19 May 2016, 20:56

i've no problem with that dev can take how many time they need to rework, rebalance eldar ^^
i just don't play eldar nor playing against them till they finished their good work :)
i do not deserve to get my life together

Marwynn

Postby Marwynn » 19 May 2016, 21:09

They said the Eldar were next to be balanced, not that it'd be in the very next patch. I'm disappointed too, the community seems to be drying up a tad.

Elkantar

Postby Elkantar » 19 May 2016, 22:36

When Balancing Eldar means another nerf without a real buff to their Ship Variety and other issues, they make the last few players in MP leave for Single Player.

Just think about this:
Does Eldar have anything beside Pulsar's to even stand a chance?

Ire

Postby Ire » 19 May 2016, 22:53

Elkantar wrote:Just think about this:

Pretty much this.

The pulsar itself isn't really all that bad. 3 dps Lance on a fixed mount. The problem is specific to the voidstalker s range and bombers. The voidstalkers bombers do more alpha damage than the pulsar (480vs360 while ignoring sheilds) but are harder to do anything about (interceptor squadrons dont do much to eldar ordnance's 80% save)

I mean, eldar bombers are fantastic, but even they can't count as a primary source of damage with only one launch bay on the Solaris.

The shadow is pretty much the worst ship in the game atm. Only main cruiser with only 4 torps offsets the eldar torps being more survivable (and no alt torps)

Eldar actually need quite a few buffs to make even their existing roster viable.

Guyver

Postby Guyver » 19 May 2016, 23:24

Ire wrote:
Elkantar wrote:Just think about this:

Pretty much this.

The pulsar itself isn't really all that bad. 3 dps Lance on a fixed mount. The problem is specific to the voidstalker s range and bombers. The voidstalkers bombers do more alpha damage than the pulsar (480vs360 while ignoring sheilds) but are harder to do anything about (interceptor squadrons dont do much to eldar ordnance's 80% save)

I mean, eldar bombers are fantastic, but even they can't count as a primary source of damage with only one launch bay on the Solaris.

The shadow is pretty much the worst ship in the game atm. Only main cruiser with only 4 torps offsets the eldar torps being more survivable (and no alt torps)

Eldar actually need quite a few buffs to make even their existing roster viable.

and what are you gonna do? you need to address it right now, because people frustrated by this imbalance is piling up.
you can always fix it later, but without trying to get something? i very doubt it.
also 2 weeks in the works for this patch, but no gameplay balance whatsoever... probably waiting for next week for a total-balance patch, dunno, but if they are not balancing it right now before a new fleet will launch (adeptus astartes), it's gonna be really bad.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”