Hating on Eldar Tactics

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
BIGBushido

Hating on Eldar Tactics

Postby BIGBushido » 19 May 2016, 07:36

My two games today(I have a busy schedule D:) in 2v2s, all 4 opponents(Who were Orks and Chaos) complained about Eldar for:

A: Kiting.

B: Spamming torpedoes.

C: Hit and Run.

First game:(both Chaos)

They hid in the gas clouds for almost 10 minutes and complain that I've been firing torps into those clouds for the entire time they hid in there. Was it the most cheapest thing to do? Maybe. Was it smart? Yes. Expect me to fly my fleet in there so they can surprise me with taunt/Slaanesh Rape/Tac Cog spam? It wasn't until my teammate threw a probe into those clouds did the other team decide to come out and fight. Melted one fleet while the other guy warps out because he spent the last 10 minutes taking constant torps to his battleship.

Second Game:(Orks and Chaos)

This one makes me giggle inside. First half of the game, they were doing well.... Except ignoring my tiny fleet and going for my teammate's(1 Chaos cruiser and light cruiser). They pelted him for a bit, then I came and melted their Chaos fleet after the Ork fleet decided to try and attack me. Lazor'd his ass and ran because I am not going to win that engagement. They did a number but ended up warping out after me and my teammate destroyed the Chaos fleet. The poor Ork player complains about me kiting them for the entire game. I know full well that Orks have mostly macro weapons and they would tear my ships straight through the holo-fields and the Ork player expects me to fight head on with him.

Please... Our Space Elf ships are made of paper-mache so stop expecting us to fight you like its Pirates of the Caribbean. We're constantly vulnerable to boardings, taunts, Slaanesh Rape(do not remember the name), and RAMMING.

What other players seem to expect us to play like:

How decent Eldar players play:
Last edited by BIGBushido on 19 May 2016, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

Pile_O_Gunz

Re: Hating on Eldar Tactics

Postby Pile_O_Gunz » 19 May 2016, 07:57

Haha that gif was funny does a good job illustrating why no-one likes playing against them.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 19 May 2016, 15:08

Cant blame eldar for being eldar. they do require a work over however. I just hope they can fix the eldar without turning them into something they are not. I have fun playing vs eldar that is using cruisers and BCs. Those eldar fleets are still beatable with some good effort. The ones that cheeze the void stalker are not as much fun because it 1 shots everything with next to no risk for them. If I see an eldar player using only 3 ships I hide in cloud and warp out. If I see them using 5 or 6 I stay.

I would also like them to add more cruiser slots so people like orks and imperials can afford to build ships to counter the eldar. Cause atm. Other Races need to waste 1/4 of their fleet to even counter eldar. which leaves their ships weak in other categories. Chaos doesnt have this problem because of the way their fleet works and upgrades they have.

Eldar on the other hand dont need to do anything at all because they just use pulsars.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 19 May 2016, 16:31

There is many things to takein account for Eldars :
12k range VS is totally OP and unfun. Eldar can just stay immobile and burn everything without risks
9k ranges VS and Eclipses are tough if Eldar play well but are killable in case of mistake
Starcannons are totally subpars and force Eldar to go in risk positions and stay to be effective

Some Eldars stopped use Pulsars cheeses and games are much more enjoyable vs them but even like that starcannons are totally useless. Some torpedoes setups (auroras + shadows) are surprisingly effective
I wait for the Eldar changes because this faction will be very fun to play and to play against if pulsar range upgrade is removed and some viable weapons are given to not pinhole them into mass pulsar

It is unfortunate that they can t do other Eldar ships because another BC changing pulsars for another bay and torpedoes can be a nice alternative to the current Eclipse
Repent, for tomorrow you die

BIGBushido

Postby BIGBushido » 19 May 2016, 17:47

Beernchips wrote:There is many things to takein account for Eldars :
12k range VS is totally OP and unfun. Eldar can just stay immobile and burn everything without risks
9k ranges VS and Eclipses are tough if Eldar play well but are killable in case of mistake
Starcannons are totally subpars and force Eldar to go in risk positions and stay to be effective

Some Eldars stopped use Pulsars cheeses and games are much more enjoyable vs them but even like that starcannons are totally useless. Some torpedoes setups (auroras + shadows) are surprisingly effective
I wait for the Eldar changes because this faction will be very fun to play and to play against if pulsar range upgrade is removed and some viable weapons are given to not pinhole them into mass pulsar

It is unfortunate that they can t do other Eldar ships because another BC changing pulsars for another bay and torpedoes can be a nice alternative to the current Eclipse

Starcannons are better off used against other Eldar fleets because Pulsars are lance weapons.

Solitaire_7

Postby Solitaire_7 » 19 May 2016, 19:02

BIGBushido wrote:My two games today(I have a busy schedule D:) in 2v2s, all 4 opponents(Who were Orks and Chaos) complained about Eldar for:

A: Kiting.

B: Spamming torpedoes.

C: Hit and Run.

First game:(both Chaos)

They hid in the gas clouds for almost 10 minutes and complain that I've been firing torps into those clouds for the entire time they hid in there. Was it the most cheapest thing to do? Maybe. Was it smart? Yes. Expect me to fly my fleet in there so they can surprise me with taunt/Slaanesh Rape/Tac Cog spam? It wasn't until my teammate threw a probe into those clouds did the other team decide to come out and fight. Melted one fleet while the other guy warps out because he spent the last 10 minutes taking constant torps to his battleship.

Second Game:(Orks and Chaos)

This one makes me giggle inside. First half of the game, they were doing well.... Except ignoring my tiny fleet and going for my teammate's(1 Chaos cruiser and light cruiser). They pelted him for a bit, then I came and melted their Chaos fleet after the Ork fleet decided to try and attack me. Lazor'd his ass and ran because I am not going to win that engagement. They did a number but ended up warping out after me and my teammate destroyed the Chaos fleet. The poor Ork player complains about me kiting them for the entire game. I know full well that Orks have mostly macro weapons and they would tear my ships straight through the holo-fields and the Ork player expects me to fight head on with him.

Please... Our Space Elf ships are made of paper-mache so stop expecting us to fight you like its Pirates of the Caribbean. We're constantly vulnerable to boardings, taunts, Slaanesh Rape(do not remember the name), and RAMMING.

What other players seem to expect us to play like:

How decent Eldar players play:

Thank you for this, those illustrations made my day big thumbs up !
"Let your enemies fear, for a Harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."

Black Library Approved : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Crown Prince Solitaire
Beta tester crash dummy

Demoulius

Postby Demoulius » 19 May 2016, 22:25

Love the gif! :lol:

But yeah I can understand both sides of the fence. Facing pulsars is seriously unfun (especially if the enemy has a lvl 10 VS that is just trolling you....) and winning a match because a Eldar allahu voidbars you its also pretty damn unfun.

I give it a go from time to time but most of the times im reminded again why playing against Eldar sucks so much and I go back to boycotting them for the day :cry:

Sucks for the Eldar players that get thrown back to the lobby, sucks for me and my teammate; but I play the game for fun and if playing against (or even with) Eldar pretty much sucks all the enjoyment out of the game then I guess il have to not-play them to have fun...

Elkantar

Postby Elkantar » 19 May 2016, 22:46

To LVL Up as Eldar pre Release is Unfun, cause you dont have the VS :P And without VS the Pulsar is not OP.

And that's the Point, when they Nerf the Pulsar, what will they Buff? holoshield? my ass, maybe star cannons so they do damage?

All Complain VS Eldar is stupid at it is pre Holoshieldnerf beside the Range of the VS but instead of dropping the Range buff for the other Eldar Ships, they could easily nerf the non upgraded Range to 6k.

Also when they dont implement new Eldar Ships so the Eldar have variety they have to bring the easy choose your weapons/layout into Plan for the Cruiser Class + ships. When not they force Eldar again to try to find a one trick pony Tactic to stand even a Chance.

Not that a Recon Beacon can be attached to every Eldar ship...

All the Rant, Hate and Flame is only a show of Failure in the Game Design Decision beforehand, and the failures to repair it by the Balancing Team. Eldar itself are either totally useless gimped or a one trick pony and when you steal the trick, they have nothing to bring so you could delete that race.

DominicJ

Postby DominicJ » 21 May 2016, 07:58

The problem is Eldar had a genuine risk on tabletop, getting in, doing damage and getting out again was high risk high reward, and only one way of many to play, on screen its both easy and essential.
I've played a Cruiser Clash where after 15minutes I still hadnt even seen the enemy fleet, it had just slowly nipped at me with bomber waves.
Even with both my ships equipped with slow bombs and trying to herd one eldar ship, he could just keep slipping away. Nor could he do any actual damage to my ships.

Its not really the devs fault though, beyond all the ships turn too fast and move too slow.

Lt.Hargrove

Postby Lt.Hargrove » 21 May 2016, 10:09

To prepare for the eventual pulsar nerf, I play without range upgrade. A singular taunt is GG unless you take Webway Slip on every ship when you have to close in to 6k. The balance right now is held on cruthes, Tindalos really needs to get rid of taunt and rebalance accordingly.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”