Upon further reflection

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Marwynn

Re: Upon further reflection

Postby Marwynn » 17 May 2016, 19:28

The armour really only matters against Melta torpedoes, Boarding Torpedoes, and macrocannon without the AP. I'm not complaining, but it's not that big a factor considering just how many things actually ignore said armour by reducing it to 25.

Not that I agree that the IN is in a bad spot. It could use a few tweaks, but I'd hesitate to call for those changes when we don't know if they'll change the underlying mechanics.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 18 May 2016, 00:14

CALiGeR190 wrote:Chaos are pretty easy to counter.
Just make use of the engine upgrades and induction coils and you'll catch them with no problems with your light cruisers, using carriers for defence against enemy Ordance and extra firepower at extreme range.

I wouldnt say chaos is easy to counter but I find mezoa drive very useful on cruisers because the 25+ speed helps to keep the gap closed. You dont necessarily need the induction coils if you cheeze boost and dont burn out your engines.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 18 May 2016, 01:52

MYNAME? wrote:I wouldnt say chaos is easy to counter but I find mezoa drive very useful on cruisers because the 25+ speed helps to keep the gap closed. You dont necessarily need the induction coils if you cheeze boost and dont burn out your engines.

Mezoa drive to chase, mass topedo walls to zone with and with plasma micros and lock on you can still trade better other factions at chaos preferred engagement range

Chaos vs IN is a fair fight for both factions
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 18 May 2016, 06:36

MYNAME? wrote:I wouldnt say chaos is easy to counter but I find mezoa drive very useful on cruisers because the 25+ speed helps to keep the gap closed. You dont necessarily need the induction coils if you cheeze boost and dont burn out your engines.

By easy I mean well understood.
They've been around the longest.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 18 May 2016, 07:06

Darkfine wrote:I am trying really hard to not get angry about this, I really am. Battlefleet Gothic is easily one of my all time favorite games and to see it dragged through the mud that is Armada is making that difficult. All of my games, 100% of them are not a test of skill or cunning are even APM, as retarded as that concept is for a game like this. It is a test of stubbornness.

How willing am I to subject myself to 10 minute stretches of chasing things around while my hulls get whittled away by lances and bombers. Who thought this was was a good idea? I mean, did you people even load the game up one time before putting this out to the public? Did not once someone stop and say "gee, we really need to tighten up how these four fleets interact with one another".

Bonus, I know I am not the only one saying these things, and here we are about to get the 5th and 6th fleets to a mechanically broken game.

I find it interesting how there is zero accountability in the gaming industry. I mean I guess there cant be right? If gamers could just get there money back from half backed studios no one would bother making games at all I guess.

So in essence we need companies like this and morons like me to eat up their spoon fed BS so responsible studios will have a market to support them.

An a side note, I realize it takes time to code and fix things and the fanboys can scream "be patient" as loudly as they like but the issue is that was an issue at all. This is either laziness or incompetence, neither of which can be acceptable. If we as consumers, supporters and fanatics of this industry, allow this kind of blatant retardation of what should be an endless pursuit of perfection and don't hold these people responsible then we become just as much to blame for the market as they are.

Rant over, just sick of having to pick through buckets and buckets of crap to find the odd good game.

All I'm seeing is "I hate being kited, not sure how to counter" followed by a political off topic rant. I hate to say it, but that's an l2p issue.

Game has some issues, we are getting the response we deserve (albeit a bit slower than expected) and I too am impatient. I think they should be held accountable for the product and they ARE taking responsibility for the sorry state of the game launch and they ARE working to fix it, we just have to wait though.

100% of games not including Eldar that I have played have been based off player skill and knowledge, I say this in retrospect. This is a good game and when you watch replays (obviously you have to record them yourself) you will understand how important skill, planning and micro really are. Regarding Eldar, as I said before, they're working on it, give them time. As much as they are unpleasantly late with badly needed fixes, it's not like how Relic abandoned Dawn of War: Retribution in the most sorry, unbalanced and blatantly pathetic way. Be thankful that we're getting support!

Belesarius

Postby Belesarius » 21 May 2016, 05:50

I think a big reason for the bitching is that people can't adjust their fleets before they play to face the force that they are fighting. In TT, you generally know who you are facing, and as long as you have the right models or proxies you can field a different list against a different fleet. I know when I played both TT BFG and TT 40 K a lot of time was spent on theorycrafting armies vs various opponents. I generally brought all of my models to the store and had multiple lists ready for various opponents.

Anyhow, to make a long point short, I think a lot of people would be qqing less if you could adjust your fleet for who you are facing. Goes for solo skirmish too. I'd like to be able to adjust my ships for what I'm facing like we're able to when playing TT.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”