Upon further reflection

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Bludfist

Re: Upon further reflection

Postby Bludfist » 16 May 2016, 19:07

Imaginary friend wrote:
Bludfist wrote:Im goign to assume your IN because their the ones always complaing on the fourms about everything being unfair :lol:

Lol. Feeling a tad superrior, eh. What a way to invalidate anythingh else you said.
As an fervent imp player i can say that imp-chaos balance is the saving grace of this game. it keeps rest of it afloat.

It was a joke but you know it has a shred of truth to it
:^)

Every faction in the game has difficulty vs some faction and every faction struggles from

Take orks for example vs a good chaos kiting fleet, it becomes a very difficult match, especially if they have MoS favor

And it dosnt end there, the upcoming SM faction plays basically exactly like orks but their ships are better in every way
The only advantage that orks have is cheaper ships and if the advantage is not pronounced enough then their will not be a reason to play orks really

And second even further down the line vs nids the kings of CQC combat, orks 3k get close playstlye wont work them, on TT the way to beat nids is to long range snipe their synapse ships but ork lances are garbage and the only 270 arc firing lances orks have are on BC and BB

So don't pretend like IN has it sooooo unfair, that their the only ones with issues
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Imaginary friend

Postby Imaginary friend » 16 May 2016, 20:10

Bludfist wrote:
Imaginary friend wrote:
Bludfist wrote:Im goign to assume your IN because their the ones always complaing on the fourms about everything being unfair :lol:

Lol. Feeling a tad superrior, eh. What a way to invalidate anythingh else you said.
As an fervent imp player i can say that imp-chaos balance is the saving grace of this game. it keeps rest of it afloat.

It was a joke but you know it has a shred of truth to it
:^)

Every faction in the game has difficulty vs some faction and every faction struggles from

Take orks for example vs a good chaos kiting fleet, it becomes a very difficult match, especially if they have MoS favor

And it dosnt end there, the upcoming SM faction plays basically exactly like orks but their ships are better in every way
The only advantage that orks have is cheaper ships and if the advantage is not pronounced enough then their will not be a reason to play orks really

And second even further down the line vs nids the kings of CQC combat, orks 3k get close playstlye wont work them, on TT the way to beat nids is to long range snipe their synapse ships but ork lances are garbage and the only 270 arc firing lances orks have are on BC and BB

So don't pretend like IN has it sooooo unfair, that their the only ones with issues

Huh? Just said that imp-chaos blalance is the best thing in this game. no joke. imp-imp and imp-chaos matches are the reason to play this game. hope they can get other factions balanced to same level.

Darkfine

Postby Darkfine » 17 May 2016, 03:21

So, have the devs weighed in at all on the perceived balance issues?

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 17 May 2016, 04:01

Sort of. They mentioned they think the Imperial Navy is in a good spot [and seems to be the measuring stick they will use], Chaos needs some tweaks, Orcs are going to take a little more work, and Eldar are not in a good spot.

Lastly, they want to make the upgrade system more unique and flavourful based on each faction.

Some more information:
Ravensburg wrote:#2 - What are your opinions on the state of the current multiplayer balance?

Imperium is at not far from the gold spot.
Chaos needs some minor tweaks.
Orks could have access to a different batch of upgrades and skills in order to give the faction more flavor. But they are not in a bad spot regarding pure balancing.
Eldars are still the faction that requires the most work. What I can tell you for now, is that we’re going to remove the range upgrades for pulsars, and replace them with new upgrades for Starcannons. Our goal regarding Eldar weaponry is to create a true choice between getting a fleet with Starcannons or a fleet with Pulsars.
Eldar may be a bit too squishy at the moment, but we’re working to see the extent to which this is true. We also understand that the assassination and Data recovery missions are not quite satisfying with or against Eldars, so we’re looking into amending that.
Last edited by RedDevilCG on 17 May 2016, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 17 May 2016, 05:44

Wouldn't the easiest way to handle Data Recovery/Assassination missions be to always have the Eldar as the Attacker, if only one player is Eldar? Once the Pulsars are dealt with, then they should have anywhere near as easy of a time insta-killing ships, and with interference and macro ships between them and their target, they should feel some real pain.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 17 May 2016, 16:56

Darkfine wrote:I am trying really hard to not get angry about this, I really am. Battlefleet Gothic is easily one of my all time favorite games and to see it dragged through the mud that is Armada is making that difficult. All of my games, 100% of them are not a test of skill or cunning are even APM, as retarded as that concept is for a game like this. It is a test of stubbornness.

How willing am I to subject myself to 10 minute stretches of chasing things around while my hulls get whittled away by lances and bombers. Who thought this was was a good idea? I mean, did you people even load the game up one time before putting this out to the public? Did not once someone stop and say "gee, we really need to tighten up how these four fleets interact with one another".

Bonus, I know I am not the only one saying these things, and here we are about to get the 5th and 6th fleets to a mechanically broken game.

I find it interesting how there is zero accountability in the gaming industry. I mean I guess there cant be right? If gamers could just get there money back from half backed studios no one would bother making games at all I guess.

So in essence we need companies like this and morons like me to eat up their spoon fed BS so responsible studios will have a market to support them.

An a side note, I realize it takes time to code and fix things and the fanboys can scream "be patient" as loudly as they like but the issue is that was an issue at all. This is either laziness or incompetence, neither of which can be acceptable. If we as consumers, supporters and fanatics of this industry, allow this kind of blatant retardation of what should be an endless pursuit of perfection and don't hold these people responsible then we become just as much to blame for the market as they are.

Rant over, just sick of having to pick through buckets and buckets of crap to find the odd good game.

GIT Guud or get rekt

GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby GreySeer » 17 May 2016, 17:26

Bludfist wrote:
GreySeer wrote:
Bludfist wrote:
Im goign to assume your IN because their the ones always complaing on the fourms about everything being unfair :lol:

They are complaining because they are right.

Who is they?

Is it by your assessment? IN is fine

From all people here you know what I have in mind.

Bosie wrote:
GreySeer wrote:They are complaining because they are right.

What is unfair about the Imperial fleet?

-Chaos is faster and has a better range by default from the beginning. Imperial advantages like front armour is completely negated by the main weapons of the chaos fleet. Torpedoes alone will not win the game for you and NC we have on just 2 of the 9 ships in cruiser + class.

- Orcs are more fighty, have numerical advantage, better crowd control and same speed by default.

- Eldars are totally broken at this moment.

IN has 2 ships useless ships in the cruiser class and 2 carriers that don't fulfil their support role due to pathetic range of there main armament.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 17 May 2016, 17:41

GreySeer wrote:What is unfair about the Imperial fleet?

-Chaos is faster and has a better range by default from the beginning. Imperial advantages like front armour is completely negated by the main weapons of the chaos fleet. Torpedoes alone will not win the game for you and NC we have on just 2 of the 9 ships in cruiser + class.

- Orcs are more fighty, have numerical advantage, better crowd control and same speed by default.

IN has 2 ships useless ships in the cruiser class and 2 carriers that don't fulfil their support role due to pathetic range of there main armament.[/quote]

I've just started a set of videos showing the leveling up process as an Imperial. I have to say I was excepting difficult matches. So far I've won every game apart from 1 against an Eldar fleet when I just warped out as I was unable to deal with him. Yes, I am low level with the Imperial and once I hit 8 I am aware that this may very well change, but we'll see.

GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby GreySeer » 17 May 2016, 17:49

Bosie wrote:
GreySeer wrote:What is unfair about the Imperial fleet?

GreySeer wrote:-Chaos is faster and has a better range by default from the beginning. Imperial advantages like front armour is completely negated by the main weapons of the chaos fleet. Torpedoes alone will not win the game for you and NC we have on just 2 of the 9 ships in cruiser + class.

IN has 2 ships useless ships in the cruiser class and 2 carriers that don't fulfil their support role due to pathetic range of there main armament.

I've just started a set of videos showing the leveling up process as an Imperial. I have to say I was excepting difficult matches. So far I've won every game apart from 1 against an Eldar fleet when I just warped out as I was unable to deal with him. Yes, I am low level with the Imperial and once I hit 8 I am aware that this may very well change, but we'll see.

I saw and I will take a deeper look as soon as I find a little more time. But it doesn't change anything in what I wrote.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Thedrik

Postby Thedrik » 17 May 2016, 18:30

GreySeer wrote:-Chaos is faster and has a better range by default from the beginning. Imperial advantages like front armour is completely negated by the main weapons of the chaos fleet. Torpedoes alone will not win the game for you and NC we have on just 2 of the 9 ships in cruiser + class.

So you want IN to have the speed and range of Chaos fleets and the brawling power of Orks while maintaining their armor?

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”