More Campaigns ?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Vanquisher

More Campaigns ?

Postby Vanquisher » 13 May 2016, 06:21

Hello, I really liked the IN Campaign. It was great fun to play and I wonder if there are more of those to come ? For example, will Space Marines (once there arrive) have their own campaign ? (I still hope it will be Imperial Fists since their ships appear in the actual campaign already) I would really like to know. Or a campaign for Chaos maybe, that would be great.

Carthoo

Re: More Campaigns ?

Postby Carthoo » 13 May 2016, 11:43

I too do wonder why theres only one campaign. Even campaign "special" missions have same form and run as "generic", so would it be really be a problem to add campaign for orks, eldars and chaos? I dont like that player always (almost) plays for empire, no matter how i like it. However if they add it as paid DLC, I will have to wait for some opinions, depending on price. Id give 2-3 euros for another campaign immediately. But 10 euros for another line of generic missions? Not so much.

Ulfgardtheunmaker

Postby Ulfgardtheunmaker » 13 May 2016, 12:27

More campaigns would be lovely. The easiest to do, probably, would be to essentially re-skin the existing campaign once Space Marines go live-- you're still playing spess boats for the emprah, so the bulk of the work would be in the cutscenes; having said that, it still sounds like a lot of effort, but I imagine it'd be easier than scratch-building a new campaign.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 13 May 2016, 12:32

Vanquisher wrote:Hello, I really liked the IN Campaign. It was great fun to play and I wonder if there are more of those to come ? For example, will Space Marines (once there arrive) have their own campaign ? (I still hope it will be Imperial Fists since their ships appear in the actual campaign already) I would really like to know. Or a campaign for Chaos maybe, that would be great.

I've been involved with talks with external studios looking for testers for possible expansions they could aprouch Tindalos with (if a Dev reads this, it's Trafford Development Studios that aprouched me), that may include new campaign.

Otherwise, given the highly successful launch revenue and thier desire to add ALL the 40K fleets eventually: I can foresee them adding more campaigns.

For the SM fleet: The stock SM will be Imperial fists (judging by all the evidence we have), but other chapters may factor into the fleet list.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

wowu56

Postby wowu56 » 13 May 2016, 15:40

If there's campaign for other race then I hope that it won't be like the 'tutorial campaign' of the main game.
I have no desire to play another campaign that I have to spend 80% of the time repeating normal skirmish game.
I understand that the main campaign is supposed to let new players get familiar with the system, but additional campaign should really be designed for players already experienced in skirmish/MP.
Special mission should be the majority with no/minimal grinding element.

Cripple X

Postby Cripple X » 13 May 2016, 15:49

I agree I would love to see more campaign content. Some sort of narrative would be good, but I would also be fine with a Dark Crusade style campaign maybe even with a multiplayer component so that it would parallel the TT version's campaigns. That'd really back up the sort of 'multiplayer fleet narrative' that Tindalos seems keen on. I'd pay big money for this style of DLC expansion.

That said, I really hope Tindalos doesn't outsource. Game expansions from other studios invariably suffer from a massive loss in quality in my experience. Look at Soulstorm for a 40k example. There are dozens and dozens of others.
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the Captain is master of his ship.

Marwynn

Postby Marwynn » 13 May 2016, 17:49

They don't even have to be limited by canon. It could be set after the campaign, lots of uncharted territory there. We can avoid Abaddon altogether, perhaps set it in the Graildark Nebula in a crusade to retake those worlds from the heretics and the xenos.

It'd be like the campaign in reverse, where you start with 50/50 lost worlds and have to retake systems and clusters.

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » 13 May 2016, 18:42

Mod support so people can create their own campaign maps and stories to upload would be nifty.

But a Tyrannic War one would be really awesome. But really, any new campaigns. And I also agree, not having it all be 'tutorial' for 10 turns before you even have access to stuff like Favours would be nice.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”