Fires; ships made of kindling or something?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Purplefluffybunny

Fires; ships made of kindling or something?

Postby Purplefluffybunny » 08 May 2016, 19:10

Since the patch it seems like ships are made of kindling. Is there a bug here because it seems that something is off with the frequency and number of fires that take hold at the slightest of 'spark'.

Deuzerre

Re: Fires; ships made of kindling or something?

Postby Deuzerre » 08 May 2016, 19:17

You're probably encountering more opponents with upgraded "master gunners" and melta torps.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Purplefluffybunny

Postby Purplefluffybunny » 08 May 2016, 19:26

The raging infernos are happening more with respects to mounted weapons over melta torps. What is more I just do not see how 'master gunner' upgrades can account for the number and frequency with which fires take hold. It is not like they are firing incendiary rounds.....

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 08 May 2016, 19:29

Purplefluffybunny wrote:The raging infernos are happening more with respects to mounted weapons over melta torps. What is more I just do not see how 'master gunner' upgrades can account for the number and frequency with which fires take hold. It is not like they are firing incendiary rounds.....

more likely to hit fuel or ammunition stores

Purplefluffybunny

Postby Purplefluffybunny » 08 May 2016, 19:34

Avlaen wrote:
Purplefluffybunny wrote:The raging infernos are happening more with respects to mounted weapons over melta torps. What is more I just do not see how 'master gunner' upgrades can account for the number and frequency with which fires take hold. It is not like they are firing incendiary rounds.....

more likely to hit fuel or ammunition stores

Its changed since the patch so I still feel there is something off with the change in whatever values were, well, changed.

Spector

Postby Spector » 08 May 2016, 20:15

Honestly аs one of the player hit by 1,2,3,4, yes 4 fires at once on a single ship I would admit it seams a bit over the top to me.

Considering how many new things can cause a fire I would say that the repair skill is no longer balanced. We need an extra way of getting rid of fires. For example we could have a DECOMPRESSION skill. It would put out all the fires by decompressing the ship but it could have a negative effect as you would lose anti boarding personnel. So you could have a skill at 60 second CD but reduces your troop value by 50% each time you use it.
My YouTube channel with BFG:A videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

Shaftoe
(Former) Technical Tester
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 08 May 2016, 20:27

Energy conduits and oxygenic atmosphere are two answers. Yes, ships will die because of fires. And now it's in most adequate condition. No changes required.

Though, fire animation for destroyed decks should be changed. No big fires on ship's hull, whuch us space, but inside of the ship.

Fires are part of the game. The game is not supposed to be easy or ever winning for you. There must be a challenge. And now this challenge is not that hard. Ust your brain and your hands.
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

Purplefluffybunny

Postby Purplefluffybunny » 08 May 2016, 21:49

Shaftoe wrote:Energy conduits and oxygenic atmosphere are two answers. Yes, ships will die because of fires. And now it's in most adequate condition. No changes required.

Though, fire animation for destroyed decks should be changed. No big fires on ship's hull, whuch us space, but inside of the ship.

Fires are part of the game. The game is not supposed to be easy or ever winning for you. There must be a challenge. And now this challenge is not that hard. Ust your brain and your hands.

No one is saying that fires are not a part of the game. Yes, there are upgrades that help mitigate against fires but right now the balance is way off.

Ivanna

Postby Ivanna » 08 May 2016, 21:56

Worst is when you use your Repair to put out a fire, only to be immediately hit by more fires.

Shaftoe
(Former) Technical Tester
Location: Imperium of Man, Holy Terra, Territory of Ancient Russia.

Postby Shaftoe » 08 May 2016, 22:45

Purplefluffybunny wrote:
Shaftoe wrote:Energy conduits and oxygenic atmosphere are two answers. Yes, ships will die because of fires. And now it's in most adequate condition. No changes required.

No one is saying that fires are not a part of the game. Yes, there are upgrades that help mitigate against fires but right now the balance is way off.

The balance is way on. Otherwise it will become useless. Forum whimpers should not touch this.
"There is no such thing as innocence, merely variety of degrees of guilt" - Inquisitorial motto.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”