Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 12 September 2016, 11:34

Iam Alpharius wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:Greetings, young alien.

I hope your puppeteers... ekhm. Ethereals did not decide to sacrifice this thread "For the Greater Good".

I have a question:

I noticed that with Tau Beta patch the behaviour of spacecraft has changed siginifcantly. They will quite often rise to a much higher altitude and stay there or swoop down on whatever target they have. Sometimes they will randomly return back on standard altitude.

My question is: what governs this new behaviour? Are spacecraft now more "aware" of the danger of enemy defense turrets and will try to escape into higher altitude if too close to stray enemy ship (I've witnessed situation that suggested this explanation to me) or is it just completely random behaviour aimed at adding variety to the game?

In either case, it's most welcome but I'd like to be aware of the exact mechanics behind it.

it was mostly an attempt to improve their behavior for more aesthetically pleasing spacecraft trajectory.

Most appreciated indeed. From graphical point of view I'd say it was success. However, I don't have any means to confirm this, but if the fighter cover hovers at high altitude above their carrier, doesn't that increase their respond time when the enemy craft come within 6k distance? Are the whole squadron templates (the physical entity that takes interception tests) at high altitude or are templates normally on the flat battlefield and only models have increased altitude?
Afterall, logically spacecraft would have to pass longer distance (swoop down first) and I had a situation when a thunderhawk run made it all the way to my carrier and fighter cover seemed a bit late (they were at high altitude). I have no idea whether they responded too late or just failed interception test so I can't say for sure. If it's just the models that are high and the templates are still down, then it's fine and I have no issues whatsoever. But if it makes the whole template rise to high altitude, then it would make ordnance much more unpredictable.

Either way, you're doing a good job making the game more attractive visually, keep it up!
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Iam Alpharius
Tindalos Team

Postby Iam Alpharius » 12 September 2016, 14:39

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Iam Alpharius wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:Greetings, young alien.

I hope your puppeteers... ekhm. Ethereals did not decide to sacrifice this thread "For the Greater Good".

I have a question:

I noticed that with Tau Beta patch the behaviour of spacecraft has changed siginifcantly. They will quite often rise to a much higher altitude and stay there or swoop down on whatever target they have. Sometimes they will randomly return back on standard altitude.

My question is: what governs this new behaviour? Are spacecraft now more "aware" of the danger of enemy defense turrets and will try to escape into higher altitude if too close to stray enemy ship (I've witnessed situation that suggested this explanation to me) or is it just completely random behaviour aimed at adding variety to the game?

In either case, it's most welcome but I'd like to be aware of the exact mechanics behind it.

it was mostly an attempt to improve their behavior for more aesthetically pleasing spacecraft trajectory.

Most appreciated indeed. From graphical point of view I'd say it was success. However, I don't have any means to confirm this, but if the fighter cover hovers at high altitude above their carrier, doesn't that increase their respond time when the enemy craft come within 6k distance? Are the whole squadron templates (the physical entity that takes interception tests) at high altitude or are templates normally on the flat battlefield and only models have increased altitude?
Afterall, logically spacecraft would have to pass longer distance (swoop down first) and I had a situation when a thunderhawk run made it all the way to my carrier and fighter cover seemed a bit late (they were at high altitude). I have no idea whether they responded too late or just failed interception test so I can't say for sure. If it's just the models that are high and the templates are still down, then it's fine and I have no issues whatsoever. But if it makes the whole template rise to high altitude, then it would make ordnance much more unpredictable.

Either way, you're doing a good job making the game more attractive visually, keep it up!

From what i could gather its purely cosmetic the new move should have no impact on the performance and survivability of any spacecraft.
I am not Alpharius.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 12 September 2016, 16:18

OMG Sio'Are is Alpharius!!!!!!
Chaos and Tau connection confirmed
Repent, for tomorrow you die

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 12 September 2016, 16:24

Beernchips wrote:OMG Sio'Are is Alpharius!!!!!!

What if all the developers are, in fact, Alpharius?
The plot thickens
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 12 September 2016, 21:29

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Beernchips wrote:OMG Sio'Are is Alpharius!!!!!!

What if all the developers are, in fact, Alpharius?
The plot thickens

But... but... how can this be?! Alpharius doesn't exist after all! *gets paid under the table by Alpha Legion's operative*
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Iam Alpharius
Tindalos Team

Postby Iam Alpharius » 13 September 2016, 12:30

its simple really everybody is Alpharius They just don't know it... YET !
I am not Alpharius.

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 13 September 2016, 13:32

I am Alpharius!
Last edited by Uksharazad87 on 13 September 2016, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Alucius Hephasta
Tindalos Team

Postby Alucius Hephasta » 13 September 2016, 13:44

I am Alpharius !
There is only the Emperor,
and he is our Shield and Protector.

DolvaVier
Tindalos Team

Postby DolvaVier » 13 September 2016, 13:49

I am Alpharius