Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Sio'are
Tindalos Team

Re: Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Postby Sio'are » 21 June 2016, 09:43

Kor'o Elys'eir Sio'Are Kaith Kir'qath, Connection established with dissident admirals.

Greetings, Gue'las. Here is another round of answers for you !

PROW WEAPONRY QUESTIONS

How does that work exactly, is there a specific chance to destroy the prow and every weapon on it or is any weapon destroyed result inflicted to the prow cause the entire prow to be destroyed. Also if this is the case with prow weapons how come this doesn't seem to be the case with eldar, since all of their weapons are on their prows then a weapon destroyed result to their prow should result in all of their prow weapons being destroyed. I understand if the reason for this is because it would be too strong against the eldar, but at the very least shouldn't it take out multiple prow weapons per weapon destroyed result against the eldar prow weapons?

Any Weapon destroyed that is located on the Prow destroys the entire Prow, and all weapons that comes with it. Of course, as you noticed, Gue'Tais, the prow armament of your ships do not follow the same rules, as they are all located here. And while the multiple destruction could be fit for clusters of Starcannons, Pulsars, Launch Bays and Torpedoes are far too few to do things like that. So rather than complexifying the game, we prefered to consider each Eldar weapon separately.

GUNZ # OF SHOTS

Ork Lotsa Gunz have a shot's per barrel rate of 1 shot every 2 seconds. With the +/- 50% applied to that, does it become 1-2 shots ever 2 seconds, 0-2 shots per 2 seconds, or 0-1 shots per 2 seconds (per barrel of course) depending on how the 0.5s and 1.5s are rounded, or is it calculated for the total number of 8 barrels so that kustom point selection ends up with a 4-12 shots per 2 seconds rate, guaranteeing that it fires at least 4 shots each cycle?

It looks like your fondness for Ork Weaponry weakened your mind, corrupted Gue'la. I'll advise you to go to the FAQ thread, (a link is available in the first message of this thread), and then go to Page 1, section Weaponry, Sub-section Gunz to find the answer you seek. I believe it will be more than enough to satiate your thrist for knowledge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kor'o Elys'eir Sio'Are Kaith Kir'qath, Suppressing transmissions.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 21 June 2016, 14:21

Sio'are wrote:GUNZ # OF SHOTS

Ork Lotsa Gunz have a shot's per barrel rate of 1 shot every 2 seconds. With the +/- 50% applied to that, does it become 1-2 shots ever 2 seconds, 0-2 shots per 2 seconds, or 0-1 shots per 2 seconds (per barrel of course) depending on how the 0.5s and 1.5s are rounded, or is it calculated for the total number of 8 barrels so that kustom point selection ends up with a 4-12 shots per 2 seconds rate, guaranteeing that it fires at least 4 shots each cycle?

It looks like your fondness for Ork Weaponry weakened your mind, corrupted Gue'la. I'll advise you to go to the FAQ thread, (a link is available in the first message of this thread), and then go to Page 1, section Weaponry, Sub-section Gunz to find the answer you seek. I believe it will be more than enough to satiate your thrist for knowledge.

Hmmm... I looked through that and it didn't seem to answer my question. The gunz in question say they fire 1 shot. We know this is per barrel. They are modified by +/- 50%. Plus or minus 50% of 1 is not a whole number. I am wondering how the rounding is handled.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Sio'are
Tindalos Team

Postby Sio'are » 21 June 2016, 15:48

Cryhavok wrote:

Hmmm... I looked through that and it didn't seem to answer my question. The gunz in question say they fire 1 shot. We know this is per barrel. They are modified by +/- 50%. Plus or minus 50% of 1 is not a whole number. I am wondering how the rounding is handled.

For the Greater Good, I will demonstrate.

For example, if a Gunz has 4 number of attacks, it will randomly fire 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 shots.

It was right here in the FAQ. Prow Gunz, 4 shots. With modifications, it fires 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 shots. Hence each barrel isn't affected by the attribute. It's the whole weapon that is.

I mean... It was written right here. You're either trolling, or I did not understood your question.

Levandor

Postby Levandor » 21 June 2016, 15:58

Sio'are wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:

For example, if a Gunz has 4 number of attacks, it will randomly fire 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 shots.

It was right here in the FAQ. Prow Gunz, 4 shots. With modifications, it fires 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 shots. Hence each barrel isn't affected by the attribute. It's the whole weapon that is.

I mean... It was written right here. You're either trolling, or I did not understood your question.

Seems the misleading in thinking appeared here:

"They are modified by +/- 50%. Plus or minus 50% of 1 is not a whole number. I am wondering how the rounding is handled."

he assumed that the multiplier is applied per shot fired, but its applied per weapon barrels, meaning:

It works with 4 (number of attacks) not with shots fired, as he assumed.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 21 June 2016, 16:09

Levandor wrote:
Sio'are wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:

Seems the misleading in thinking appeared here:

"They are modified by +/- 50%. Plus or minus 50% of 1 is not a whole number. I am wondering how the rounding is handled."

he assumed that the multiplier is applied per shot fired, but its applied per weapon barrels, meaning:

It works with 4 (number of attacks) not with shots fired, as he assumed.

This answered my question, thanks for clearing it up, I appreciate it. I hope the tooltips will be updated in game at some point to not be leaving out such vital information (for all weapons number of barrels and for precisely where the +/- is applied).

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 21 June 2016, 16:19

Sio'are wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:

The other guy answered what I was missing. I think I was misunderstanding because of wording. Where is says "it fires X shots" I was thinking this was per barrel, because it was using the same terms that I have been seeing used for how often each barrel fires. I am on the same page now.

Denshar

Postby Denshar » 22 June 2016, 11:43

I have a question about assault actions success chance.
Let me first say I play only solo, either in campaign mode, or solo skirmish, in normal difficulty mode.

Many times, like with orks, or ships with boosted troop value, sometimes even against Eldars and their weak troop value, I seem to experience a very low success rate for my assault actions.
For instance I remember a time when all four boarding actions failed from my ork ship on an Imperium ship. I must have had at least 35 or 40% success chance. Even at 25% I should have seen one succeed!

Conversely, I sometimes have the impression that my opponent (the IA, namely) succeeds more regulrarly even when the odds are against him (i.e, the Eldar), or against my boosted ork troop value.

So ok, I'm aware of the bias of confirmation that affects our perception of events of this kind, but I would be curious to know the formula giving the success chance depending on troop value.

Also, if there is a specific setting in solo mode skewing the success rate, because I have a feeling there is something there.

Thank you.

randuir

Postby randuir » 22 June 2016, 11:51

Denshar wrote:Many times, like with orks, or ships with boosted troop value, sometimes even against Eldars and their weak troop value, I seem to experience a very low success rate for my assault actions.
For instance I remember a time when all four boarding actions failed from my ork ship on an Imperium ship. I must have had at least 35 or 40% success chance. Even at 25% I should have seen one succeed!

At 40% success chance, with 4 boarding actions, there's still a 13% chance that none succeed (at 25%, that goes up to a 31% chance of none succeeding), so luck could very well be in play here. I'm assuming you are aware that the troop value of your own ships plays no role in your chances of success?

That having been said, if you feel the system is skewed, it's always good to ask your questions here to have it confirmed/denied/explained.

Denshar

Postby Denshar » 22 June 2016, 12:04

randuir wrote:
At 40% success chance, with 4 boarding actions, there's still a 13% chance that none succeed (at 25%, that goes up to a 31% chance of none succeeding), so luck could very well be in play here. I'm assuming you are aware that the troop value of your own ships plays no role in your chances of success?

That having been said, if you feel the system is skewed, it's always good to ask your questions here to have it confirmed/denied/explained.

Well, I was not aware of that! This will help me rage less.
But still, I seem to be consistently unlucky, when the IA seems to succeed regularly. I remember a time when all three or four of its boarding actions succeeded :p I have never experienced that so my question stands.

Denshar

Postby Denshar » 22 June 2016, 15:03

Thank you.
In my post I was wondering if the chances of success were skewed in solo mode.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”