Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Sio'are
Tindalos Team

Re: Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Postby Sio'are » 16 June 2016, 09:44

Kor'o Elys'eir Sio'Are Kaith Kir'qath is here.

By the way, my name means Admiral from Ely'seir Sio'Are the Competent Defender.

The more you know.

POINT FLEET COST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OLD AND NEW ELDAR PATTERN SHIPS

Why point difference between both Shadows pattern is 23 points and only 12 points between both Eclipse patterns ? In each case it is torpedoes launcher vs 1 bay

As you might guess, the new Eldar ships Patterns are still prototypes for the Eldar Corsairs. Or to be less Fluff, they are still in a balancing phase, but you are right, they should not have such difference in point costs. Thanks.

SHIELD QUESTION ALREADY ANSWERED

Exactly how exactly are the shield recharge skill and the passive upgrade? and how do they interact when used together?

Greater Good Damnit !
Just... Just go here : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15924&p=50596#p50596
Page One, Skill section, Emergency Capacitors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sio'are wrote:
Kor'o Elys'eir Sio'Are Kaith Kir'qath, Admiral of the Tau Kor'Or'Vesh, is now online.

RECORDER/VIEWER OF GAMES

As of now, there is no plans of adding such feature in the game. But you can use several alternative programs to capture your games and spread the videos through websites.

Sio'Are, thanks very much for the answer. If your team works on a sequel to BFGA I hope you consider adding a game recorder next time.

A playback feature would allow for many benefits than just capturing game video. Benefits would include: demonstrating any game glitches, allowing players to watch replays of a game at their leisure in different viewing angles and perspectives, so as to also observe the detailed ship's graphics and animations up close; also allowing people to use various combat scenes to make up custom tribute videos or lore movies.

I reckon it would be useful and hella fun. All I can say is : Your suggestion has been noted, and maybe it will lead to such implementation. Sadly, maybe it won't. There is no way to tell, and we have a lot to do.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 16 June 2016, 17:34

Does Solar Accumulator flat cd reduction is applied before or after other percentage cd reduction? For a more general point of view, does flat bonus are applied before or after percentages bonuses?
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 17 June 2016, 20:59

Is it possible to change an admiral's single player difficulty level after it has been created? If not currently will that be added in the future? If not, would you offer an explanation, because this is pretty much the only game I know about that difficulty can't be changed and you have to start over with a new profile (admiral in this game)?
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 18 June 2016, 19:08

Since we know that the weapon tooltips are what they do per barrel for the most part, can you tell me how many barrels are on the various Ork Gunz and Kannonz? I am trying to put together a spreadsheet for fleet planning and I would like to include that information so when people are choosing between weapons on ork ships they can make informed decisions.

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 19 June 2016, 22:19

Hello, I have a few questions:

1. The formula you gave for ram damage seems like it is missing something. If you calculate a chaos slaughter(800 max hull points) using all ahead full(speed of 450) against a stationary ship with an armor of 50 with 800 hull points, the equation you gave us would come out to be Damage=(1/3)(.5)(450)(800)=60,000 damage which is obviously wrong. Is there more to the formula or is there a conversion for the values of speed and hull?

2. When a critical damage occurs, what is the percent chance that it is degraded to a fire or a hull breach?

3. Other than disabling the ability to do boarding actions and repair, are there any other penalties to the heavy damage debuff?

4. What is the damage value of the plasma overdrive explosion and does it ignore armor and shields? Also what is the percent chance that the plasma overdrive explosion occurs?

5. For weapon damage subsystem criticals, is the chance for a certain weapon to be destroyed evenly split among all of the weapons? Also, could there possibly be a feature that allows players to prioritize the destruction of certain weapons in the future?

6. Is there a way to calculate accuracy against moving targets?
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

harzach

Postby harzach » 20 June 2016, 04:52

Most distinguished Kor'o Elys'eir Sio'Are Kaith Kir'qath: I had a question to forward from an idea on the Steam Forums from a user named The Prophet:
Originally posted by The Prophet:
Steadily playing (and enjoying) my way through the campaign still but was just thinking. While obviously entire campaigns would be great, what i'd enjoy would be to be able to replay the Imperium Campaign but if you could follow Spires story but as any of the factions, sort of thing.

Perhaps it's possible in an upcoming DLC for the Tau to include a new bonus feature for the Campaign, to give the option to play through with a faction other than the Imperium? This can be an option for starting a new campaign, or maybe it's a bonus mode that's unlocked once you finish the campaign on any difficulty (other games offer a similar feature like this).

To make this easier to work, if playing with a non-Imperial faction the game could skip the tutorials and start you off on the mission against the Ork pirates to defend against the convoy with a default loadout of ships available similar to the Imperial ship classes available at that early point in the Campaign.

Just wanted to pass on the idea, as it seems like a decent compromise compared to the development time and cost it would take to produce brand new content for a campaign for the other factions.

Sio'are
Tindalos Team

Postby Sio'are » 20 June 2016, 11:27

Hello, deemed admirals of the segmentums, Kor'o Elys'eir Sio'Are Kaith Kir'qath is here to answer your interrogations.

FLAT BONUSES AND PERCENTAGE BONUSES STACKING

Does Solar Accumulator flat cd reduction is applied before or after other percentage cd reduction? For a more general point of view, does flat bonus are applied before or after percentages bonuses?

For the Solar Accumulator, the flat bonus is calculated after the percentage one. There is no global rules for these kind of calculs, it is largely depending on the balance wished for. But calculating flat bonuses before percentages are the most common way we do it.

CHANGING DIFFICULTY OF THE GAME

Is it possible to change an admiral's single player difficulty level after it has been created? If not currently will that be added in the future? If not, would you offer an explanation, because this is pretty much the only game I know about that difficulty can't be changed and you have to start over with a new profile (admiral in this game)?

For now, there is no possibility to change the difficulty of the game once a profile is created, and I do not know if it is something we will add or not.

GUNZ AND KANNONS NUMBERS OF SHOTS

Since we know that the weapon tooltips are what they do per barrel for the most part, can you tell me how many barrels are on the various Ork Gunz and Kannonz? I am trying to put together a spreadsheet for fleet planning and I would like to include that information so when people are choosing between weapons on ork ships they can make informed decisions.

Sure.
Prow Gunz : 4
Grot Prow Gunz : 2
Lotsa Gunz : 8
Heavy Kannon : 1
Lotsa Heavy Kannons : 2
Mega-Kannon : 1
Double Mega-Kannon : 2
And the Zzaps are at 1 attack.

RAMMING CALCULATIONS

1. The formula you gave for ram damage seems like it is missing something. If you calculate a chaos slaughter(800 max hull points) using all ahead full(speed of 450) against a stationary ship with an armor of 50 with 800 hull points, the equation you gave us would come out to be Damage=(1/3)(.5)(450)(800)=60,000 damage which is obviously wrong. Is there more to the formula or is there a conversion for the values of speed and hull?

It is indeed missing something in the explanations of my comrade Virus. We use the square root of speed and hull points.

FIRE AND HULL BREACH CHANCES

2. When a critical damage occurs, what is the percent chance that it is degraded to a fire or a hull breach?

If a an assault action is capable of dealing a permanent critical damage, the odds of having a fire or an hull breach is 1/4. There is another 1/4 for the Subsystems Light Critical Damages, and ultimately 2/4 for a permanent critical damage.

If it is an assault action only capable of dealing temporary critical damages, the odds are 1/2 to have either an hull breach or a fire, and 1/2 to deal a subsystem temporary critical damage.

HEAVILY DAMAGED IMPLICATIONS

3. Other than disabling the ability to do boarding actions and repair, are there any other penalties to the heavy damage debuff?

Technical skills located on the Hull, such as Bombs, cannot be used anymore, and the enemy will gain renown for an enemy ship crippled.

PLASMA ENGINE SURGE ODDS AND DAMAGES

4. What is the damage value of the plasma overdrive explosion and does it ignore armor and shields? Also what is the percent chance that the plasma overdrive explosion occurs?

The odds of a ship blowing up at its death are 20%, and the damages dealt are equal to its maximum Hull Points divided by 2. It damages shields, but can carry extra damages to the hull if the explosion depletes it.

WEAPONRY CRITICAL DAMAGES SYSTEM

5. For weapon damage subsystem criticals, is the chance for a certain weapon to be destroyed evenly split among all of the weapons? Also, could there possibly be a feature that allows players to prioritize the destruction of certain weapons in the future?

Indeed, the chances to blow a weapon are equaly shared amongst all weapons, with an exception : If the critical damage is dealt through weaponry, the critically damaged weapon can only be selected on the face the weapon hit its target. Be also aware that the Prow sometimes carries multiple weapons, but destroying it destroys all weapons affiliated to it. As such, the chances to blow up the prow and multiple weapons is increased with the number of weapons located on said prow.

As for now, we do not consider targeting specific weapons an option. The functionality of Weapon-based critical damages combined to the lack of Weapon targeting giving an interesting point of view of the placement of ships in the heat of battle.

ACCURACY AGAINST MOVING TARGET CALCULATIONS

6. Is there a way to calculate accuracy against moving targets?

Well, it is always possible, but as it would implies calculating the weapon's spread, the projectile's speed, the target speed and the physical engine influence on all that, it is far too complex for me to explain it, and the results would be mere hypothesis and what ifs, since the spread is randomised.

OTHER FACTIONS CAMPAIGNS

Most distinguished Kor'o Elys'eir Sio'Are Kaith Kir'qath: I had a question to forward from an idea on the Steam Forums from a user named The Prophet:

Originally posted by The Prophet:
Steadily playing (and enjoying) my way through the campaign still but was just thinking. While obviously entire campaigns would be great, what i'd enjoy would be to be able to replay the Imperium Campaign but if you could follow Spires story but as any of the factions, sort of thing.

Perhaps it's possible in an upcoming DLC for the Tau to include a new bonus feature for the Campaign, to give the option to play through with a faction other than the Imperium? This can be an option for starting a new campaign, or maybe it's a bonus mode that's unlocked once you finish the campaign on any difficulty (other games offer a similar feature like this).

To make this easier to work, if playing with a non-Imperial faction the game could skip the tutorials and start you off on the mission against the Ork pirates to defend against the convoy with a default loadout of ships available similar to the Imperial ship classes available at that early point in the Campaign.

Just wanted to pass on the idea, as it seems like a decent compromise compared to the development time and cost it would take to produce brand new content for a campaign for the other factions.

I cannot speak for the compagny on that subject, but my wild guess would be that it is very unlikely to happen, as it would create nonsens in dialogues, incoherences on the scenario, and imbalance in the gameplay. In addition, Games Workshop is really keen on keeping the lore of its universe well-organised. But maybe your wishes will be fulfilled by a wild modder ?

Anastari

Postby Anastari » 20 June 2016, 16:05

Thank you for getting back so quickly. I have a question about one of your responses:
Sio'are wrote:Be also aware that the Prow sometimes carries multiple weapons, but destroying it destroys all weapons affiliated to it. As such, the chances to blow up the prow and multiple weapons is increased with the number of weapons located on said prow.

How does that work exactly, is there a specific chance to destroy the prow and every weapon on it or is any weapon destroyed result inflicted to the prow cause the entire prow to be destroyed. Also if this is the case with prow weapons how come this doesn't seem to be the case with eldar, since all of their weapons are on their prows then a weapon destroyed result to their prow should result in all of their prow weapons being destroyed. I understand if the reason for this is because it would be too strong against the eldar, but at the very least shouldn't it take out multiple prow weapons per weapon destroyed result against the eldar prow weapons?
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 20 June 2016, 16:24

Sio'are wrote:
GUNZ AND KANNONS NUMBERS OF SHOTS

Sure.
Prow Gunz : 4
Grot Prow Gunz : 2
Lotsa Gunz : 8
Heavy Kannon : 1
Lotsa Heavy Kannons : 2
Mega-Kannon : 1
Double Mega-Kannon : 2
And the Zzaps are at 1 attack.

Thank you. I was having trouble telling what was and wasn't a barrel on the ork ships. This helps me a lot. I appreciate it.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 20 June 2016, 18:46

Ork Lotsa Gunz have a shot's per barrel rate of 1 shot every 2 seconds. With the +/- 50% applied to that, does it become 1-2 shots ever 2 seconds, 0-2 shots per 2 seconds, or 0-1 shots per 2 seconds (per barrel of course) depending on how the 0.5s and 1.5s are rounded, or is it calculated for the total number of 8 barrels so that kustom point selection ends up with a 4-12 shots per 2 seconds rate, guaranteeing that it fires at least 4 shots each cycle?

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”