Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
MadDemiurg

Re: Codex Sages : Gameplay questions

Postby MadDemiurg » 03 May 2016, 17:56

Beernchips wrote:
This new way of calculating the chances of accuracy will be more easily understood and will give Bonuses/maluses better impacts, as they take effects after the percentages reductions.

It will also nerf Holofields because they won t impact bonuses anymore

I think it will make some shift in Eldar meta for sure, but to which extent we'll see. The only accuracy bonus in game is Lock On as far as I know. Basically it means that Eldar with Brace are back to good old 80+% holofield save, unless the enemy is using lock on. Atm most Eldar use running silent and other factions usually chose either brace to defend vs pulsar or reload to spam abilities that allow to corner Eldar (or running silent to ambush Eldar themselves, but I have only seen a few who do it apart from myself). These changes will make a good case for using Lock On vs Eldar and Brace with Eldar.
Last edited by MadDemiurg on 03 May 2016, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

ayreik

Postby ayreik » 03 May 2016, 18:01

For batteries, are their 4 shots (one for each of the guns) or is that just visual effect?
Enemies of the Dark Gods, beware!

Spector

Postby Spector » 03 May 2016, 18:20

Here is one for you:

When you use the skill augur disruptor on an enemy ship do your ships become red dots, unidentified, if they are not in the detection range of the enemy ships after the disruption passes ?

Assuming that all enemy ships where effected.
My YouTube channel with BFG:A videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

ayreik

Postby ayreik » 03 May 2016, 18:28

If I upgrade a crew slot to level 3, then get inquisitor favor is it now level 4?

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 03 May 2016, 18:50

ayreik wrote:If I upgrade a crew slot to level 3, then get inquisitor favor is it now level 4?

No, But it will refund you 1 point for ever "full" 3 you already have spent.

Myridus

Postby Myridus » 03 May 2016, 18:51

Hello Sio'are, I've got a few for you.

Can you give us the definition of Ordinance? I see this term thrown around alot without anyone saying what it is. Does this include ONLY torps, fighters, bombers, and assault boats? I ask because the tooltip mentions weapons, so I'm wondering if it affects reload rate of macro/lance weapons. At first I was always using Reload skill in fights cause I figured that was a straight 20% increased in DPS because of the 20% increased fire rate of all weapons. I see no one does that though so I guess it does not affect main weapons.

Shields: Do they gain bonuses from armor? Does shooting an imperial in the front get the 75% block chance or does it get the straight damage assuming the shot hits?

Turrets/Bombers: Ok so I'm reading your section explaining the turret interaction vs bombers. Can you show how you come to 11.7% chance of that bomber getting through? I'm in agreement with the guy you were responding to as of now. If it's a 65% chance of success and it has to pass EVERY test (18 of them), then that's (.65)^18 = .0004 or .04 % chance of success. One failure means it goes down. Been a while since I had to do math though lol so I could just be thinking about this wrong.

ayreik

Postby ayreik » 03 May 2016, 18:53

How exactly does emergency capacitors skill work?

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 03 May 2016, 20:13

Thank-you so much for this thread! Communication from the devs is always appreciated, but this kind of communication with details of engine mechanics (and role play too) is amazing!

My question deals with fighters, and bombers vs assault craft.

What is the crit chance of bombers, and since bombers also do damage is it really worth using assault craft at all? How many assault attacks does each wave of assault craft perform?

What is the chance of a fighter wing shooting down torpedos or other strike craft?

Thanks!

shadowsfm
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby shadowsfm » 03 May 2016, 20:33

does prioritizing subsystems work with bombers and torpedoes?

if a weapons battery has 4 cannons, shouldn't the number of hits on the tool tip be 4?

Marwynn

Postby Marwynn » 03 May 2016, 20:42

Thank you, xenos blueberry, I have a different question. Waaagh! and the Boarding Torpedoes, is the bonus assault action granted after the firing of the torpedoes or can I trigger the Waaagh! skill just as the torpedoes hit, as long as it affects the ships that fires the torps?

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”