This game has just become a ramfest

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Valthic

This game has just become a ramfest

Postby Valthic » 02 May 2016, 13:50

Looks like noone ever goes for a gunfight anymore. Convoy? Ram the ships. Cruiser clash? Go for rams, it's just easier and quicker that way.

Oh, look i'm loosing terribly each and any gunfights. Let's ram, his ships will blow up faster than light.

Ooooook.

General Tao

Re: This game has just become a ramfest

Postby General Tao » 02 May 2016, 14:09

All jokes about the amazing word 'ramfest' aside (because they mostly involve family members and are wildly offensive), ramming is a key part of the game, works on an asymmetric faction level, is fairly easy to avoid, and nowhere near as effective as you claim.

Unless you played Eldar and tried to fight CQB against, say, Orks. In which case I feel sorry for the troops under your command.
Last edited by General Tao on 02 May 2016, 17:11, edited 2 times in total.

Imaginary friend

Postby Imaginary friend » 02 May 2016, 14:11

Don´t know if its that bad.
Still i think that it would have been better to buff imp broadsides with some sort of upgrade rather than do one for +50% ram.damage. It feels like poaching in to ork territory.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 02 May 2016, 14:13

I've found rams happen, as they are an option, but not the main source of damage in my experience.

Valthic

Postby Valthic » 02 May 2016, 16:17

Rams can happen and are definitely an option, but in every game today my opponent just pointed his ships and hit AAF.

Hell, even a Chaos fleet with 15k lances just went and headfirst rammed my ships.

Gorthunk

Postby Gorthunk » 02 May 2016, 16:34

God forbid people have fun.

You could always avoid their rams. It's not like the ram-happy factions are the fast ones.

Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator

Postby Alexi_Menser » 02 May 2016, 16:47

Gorthunk wrote:God forbid people have fun.

If that was referring to me, I'm only doing what I need to as a moderator. Personally I see no issue with the post, it may be mildly crude but it's amusing. But others seem to so I have to say something.

~Alexi
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

SolidusPrime

Postby SolidusPrime » 02 May 2016, 16:54

I personally haven't found that ramming is overly abundant.

Some people do it sometimes, but I have never found it to be something that is overpowering in any kind of way. Maneuvering and positioning are at least 50% of this game, so if you are paying attention, it should be easy to see it coming and adjust.

Lets consider that you are being overwhelmed with rammers though...there should be some ways to counter it if it's happening every game, right? Take things like Taunt, and the Micro Warp Jump. Those are good skills to have, anyway. I'm not sure what race you are playing, but perhaps try some different ships?

Gorthunk

Postby Gorthunk » 02 May 2016, 17:48

Alexi_Menser wrote:
Gorthunk wrote:God forbid people have fun.

If that was referring to me, I'm only doing what I need to as a moderator. Personally I see no issue with the post, it may be mildly crude but it's amusing. But others seem to so I have to say something.

~Alexi

No, I was talking to the OP. You're just doing your job. I don't know that publicly warning people instead of sending a PM is the best idea but it's got ups and downs and isn't my call.
Last edited by Gorthunk on 02 May 2016, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 02 May 2016, 17:48

Imaginary friend wrote:Don´t know if its that bad.
Still i think that it would have been better to buff imp broadsides with some sort of upgrade rather than do one for +50% ram.damage. It feels like poaching in to ork territory.
Power Ram. Some IN ships did get it. You see those "lance"-like objects on the IN ships' prow? That's the power ram. Other IN ships that don't have that do not have access to Power Ram.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”