Pretty disappointed you did not hot fix the totally game breaking bugs in MP..

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
BrianDavion

Re: Pretty disappointed you did not hot fix the totally game breaking bugs in MP..

Postby BrianDavion » 02 May 2016, 02:09

Bosie wrote:I thought it was pulsars that are breaking multiplayer?

it's whatever the personal bug bear of the guy making the post is.

Pulsars are breaking multiplayer! Bugs are Breaking Multiplayer! Donald Trump is breaking multiplayer! :D

clench

Re: Pretty disappointed you did not hot fix the totally game breaking bugs in MP..

Postby clench » 02 May 2016, 02:14

Coffee Fox wrote:What I want to know, is how that 'Camera suddenly breaking, you have to ALT+F4 out' bug got past the testing team.

I REALLY don't understand - I mean, isn't the game supposed to be tested for this sort of thing before it goes live? :|

And isn't there supposed to... ya`know - Hardware diversity so the "Hardware is different" card can't keep being pulled?

It's a new bug, it wasn't in the beta.

Dreese5581

Postby Dreese5581 » 02 May 2016, 06:17

Ya, bugs are actually worse then the last patch of beta.
Fanatic Table Top Player
The Lord Tzeentch compels me!
Come to the side of Chaos, for we have cookies!

Valthic

Postby Valthic » 02 May 2016, 16:31

Dreese5581 wrote:Ya, bugs are actually worse then the last patch of beta.

Unfortunately i feel compelled to agree. In some matches i couldn't see ordnance or bombs at all resulting in lots of damages i could have avoided easily.

Dreese5581

Postby Dreese5581 » 03 May 2016, 07:06

Its a numbers thing, i played alot the last the week of beta, my chaos fleet was all decked out and almost all lvl 10, and i had barely any troubles with games crashing or problems connecting. Now i know they changed the matchmaking with the release, but they didnt seem to improve it at all.....so wtf? Now i cant go more then a couple games without a crash half way through the match or a camera bug. Not to mention eldar troubles now means they are either dead or no fun to play against. They need some balance/bug fix patches quick.

I havent played any for almost a week atm. If something doesnt get fixed soon i might not be playing much more.
Fanatic Table Top Player
The Lord Tzeentch compels me!
Come to the side of Chaos, for we have cookies!

XViper

Postby XViper » 03 May 2016, 08:14

clench wrote:It's a new bug, it wasn't in the beta.

I'm quite certain I've seen Alpha Testers confirm this is actually an old bug that was experienced earlier, but has resurfaced for whatever reason.

As for the OP's post, he's not overreacting.
I'm generally not one to 'complain' a lot, as I'd rather post constructive feedback and suggestions to any problems where I'm able.
However the level of disappointment with the instability of the current product cannot be understated.

You will have patient gamers, and you will have impatient ones. Neither side is wrong or right, it comes down to personal expectations and how we react to those expectations not being met.

The amount of bugs currently present, along with the lack of certain features is a strong indication that this game never should have left the beta stage. As to why the game left beta 'prematurely', we cannot know. When you three distinct parties involved in the life-cycle of game development (Developer: Tindalos, Publisher: Focus, IP: GamesWorkshop), things are bound to occur that doesn't necessarily meet the approval of all parties involved.

All we can do as a community (those of us who intend to stick around), is continue to help by reporting bugs and providing suggestions for on-going game improvements.

I can't help but feel that the 'testing' phase of this game was sub-par, which is either the Testers fault, or the Developers fault; however not being present during this period I can't speak from experience. However you need to wonder, how did something as simple as 'team chat' get missed from testing? Did the Testers really just not think of it? or did the developers just ignore them? Either way, some part of the process failed in a big way.

This game has so much potential, its worth sticking around and trying to help them out of this mess. It's 'launches' like this that destroy games, I've seen it happen all too many times in the past. A bad release can spell doom for early sales and kill it's momentum before its even started. Battlefleet Gothic has the advantage of being a niche game, so many players may still pick it up regardless of a poor release or initial bad reviews, especially if these issues are fixed down the track.

This game is going to live or die on its fan base and active community. Going forward that's something Tindalos and Focus are going to need to focus on. I'm not about to suggest my friends and family buy this game at present, certainly not for full price. Maybe they could open this game up for some 'free trials', to let other players try it out. Maybe they could provide existing players with some 'vouchers/coupons' for the game to give to their friends? Maybe they could offer free or discounted DLC to those players who actually decide to stick around or actively participate in resolving the current issues?

At some level, when so many things go so wrong, you need to take action to garner 'good faith' amongst your community. I'm going to stick around regardless, and if my money ends up going to waste, then so be it. However I certainly can't blame those people who are really upset. I'm sure some people got really really excited about this game, and when your expectations are 'crushed', you can't help but get emotional; perhaps sometimes people shouldn't be so 'free' to post their emotions on a public internet forum.... but well, that's just the world we live in. At least if people have taken the time to make a post they actually 'care', it's the countless 'silent' people who just turn the game off and you never hear from again that you need to be worried about. For every one 'vocal' upset customer, you've probably got five others who either got a refund (or didn't), and will never play the game again.

The next 2-3 weeks will truly tell whether Tindalos/Focus can recover from this. I think they can, however one of the first steps in fixing a mistake, is admitting you made one.......

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 03 May 2016, 09:30

Thank you for making your critique level headed instead of insults.

For what my experience with games is worth, let me tell you that sometimes its not testers, nor developers, simply money or in this case, time constraints.

If you check my signature, you can see that I'm trying to do a forum petition for improving custom/skirmish PVE games, and I hope it will eventually be fixed, but I do set my expectations within the scope of the developers' numbers, funding, and time limits.

We have to face that this game gets no level of funding and personel like say, Mass Effect or FIFA games do.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

angelshard

Postby angelshard » 03 May 2016, 09:37

I prefer way less funding to EA getting their dark talons anywhere near this game :P

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 03 May 2016, 09:54

...hmm... it would be really nice, if "at last" a dev make a thread, and telling the community something like:
"The launch is past, we are now working hardly to eliminate the major bugs as soon as possible, so stay tuned... or something like this... giving the community the feeling "they are aware of it" instad of the feeling of" they ignore it, and concentrate on Adeptus Astartes and Tau".

On the other side in my opinion,we should not forget, it's a small publisher, and they make a game, (behind bugs and balance issues) wich is really enjoyable and fun to play...(and a few of a coupple of matches are really wonderful and epic). And i know it's not an easy job, ...you worked weeks on a shipdesign, and the community say... whoa bullshit...could be really frustrating....

I mean, they come so far,so in my opinion, please give them one or two month more time for the bugs, and let us, as community set our focus on the balaning, since we need a longtime solution, what the hell we could do with that pulsar-problem we have there, (since yesterday i stopped playing pulsar ships (mostly not always) and write at the beginning: "No panic i don't play Eclipse/Void Stalker" even that means i have a hard time and maybe lost a couple of games,(i an already near maximum, so... there is no need to use always the most effective setup. I am really thinking about reducing my pulsarrange and skill something lower usefull.
(And i i have to say, there are really a couple of players out there, who still can deal with a full equipped voidstalker, (even i agree, this ship is to easy to handle and to effektive, but taunt-spam is also some weird thing.... In the End i think, we need a mechanic which forces an eldar player to be more often at close range, (something like "half damage for pulsars, but half cooldown for it two, would force the Eldar to make twice as many fly~by's as before, and adjust the rest or else)....
Last edited by Harlequin on 03 May 2016, 10:05, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

angelshard

Postby angelshard » 03 May 2016, 09:59

They have made an announcement. They've given us a roadmap for their focus the next six months.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”