Tactical Cogitator (WILL NOT BE A FEATURE) in Ranked. HURRAY.

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Magpie842

Re: Tactical Cogitator (WILL NOT BE A FEATURE) in Ranked. HURRAY.

Postby Magpie842 » 30 April 2016, 14:24

angelshard wrote:
Magpie842 wrote:This is absolutely the right call to have made.

Excellent work.

If you would like to play with TC, just don't clicked ranked - easy.

Please, please don't be like that. Saying, only those who doesn't like TC should play ranked is just... rude.

There are plenty of valid arguments for and against this decision. No need to be snide.

What? There was nothing rude in my post, or implied. I'm genuinely happy that now there's an option for those who want to play with TC, and those who don't. How is this a bad thing? Snide and rude... I really didn't mean to come across that way.

Squig_Juice

Postby Squig_Juice » 30 April 2016, 14:45

Splitting community is bad idea

Helsync

Postby Helsync » 30 April 2016, 15:53

Ranked... in BFG... thats hilarious XD

That aside, as someones already stated its not a good idea to split the community any more than they already have. They already have waaaayyy too many game modes as things are and the multiplayers not going to survive that long anyway, whats the point of splitting the multiplayer base if you're going to need to introduce AI to it in a month or two in order to keep it going.
Stellaris <3

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 30 April 2016, 16:55

Squig_Juice wrote:Splitting MP community was never a good idea.

How is it splitting the community? And dont say because tac cog users and spammers wont play because the number of TC users are very inflated. Id say only the 1/4 of the players wont play ranked.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 30 April 2016, 16:59

BrianDavion wrote:
Dreese5581 wrote:Ouch to any eldar players

yeah and honestly, if they've disabled part of the game, then ranked doesn't mean jack.

Its the other way around bro. Depending on how the MM works TC would make for very obscured results and it wouldnt be a competitive ranked anymore. Ranked focuses on all your skills not just one. Speed and being able to do a couple things at once is one of those skills.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 30 April 2016, 17:05

Bapho wrote:Tc Cog is part of the game, so i cant see why they thought it is a good idea to remove it... I mean, if someone has higher skill, and if skill does matter, having a feature that affects both players equally, the most skilled one will win anyway. It is a shame to me that a feature like this one is going to be removed, because it truly is one of the aspects that work best in this already wonderful game. Maybe many of us come from RTSs, and things like Tac Cog can be off-putting in the beginning, but hey. This is not an RTS, this is a new genre: let it go the way it was intended to go.

It stays off putting and irritating. The TC mechanic is pretty fricken broken dude. Noobs spam it and "pros" troll with it which is very dibilitating when you feel like your game is having a seizure. They need to make it more limited not a 2 second cooldown between each use.... I would have no problem with a 5 second TC and a 2 minute cool down. But no they make the ability spammable and that is the case 9 times out of 10.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 30 April 2016, 17:13

jamodonnell wrote:That's really disappointing. There are decent arguments on both sides, but this suggests the devs value twitch-based/high APM play in its own right, which personally I think should be reduced when possible to maximize the role of tactical decisions.

You act like high apm =have no brain and dont grasp tactics... I call bullshit. You can do micro and tactics at the same time. This game is not fast enough to be a "twitch-based" Starcraft 2 is a click fest. BFG isnt.

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 30 April 2016, 17:18

It's too long and should only be in 10 seconds bursts. But damn, tac cog is often really needed.

It's dumb to remove it from ranked when it's a core feature of the game that only requires a tweak.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

angelshard

Postby angelshard » 30 April 2016, 17:24

[/quote]
It stays off putting and irritating. The TC mechanic is pretty fricken broken dude. Noobs spam it and "pros" troll with it which is very dibilitating when you feel like your game is having a seizure. They need to make it more limited not a 2 second cooldown between each use.... I would have no problem with a 5 second TC and a 2 minute cool down. But no they make the ability spammable and that is the case 9 times out of 10.[/quote]

I have yet to be trolled with TC and I don't mind new players using it. Also new players wouldn't get very high in ranked, so if you play well you won't encounter it.

As for the whole APM vs TT (or whatever the division is) I think a slight rework of the TC mechanic could solve most problems, put a 1 min total TC time for each player. That should be enough to satisfy most. As for the whole what is the most important skill thing. I don't care, I just want a big player base so I find matches fast.

Dreese5581

Postby Dreese5581 » 30 April 2016, 17:28

And I wont use TC really ever, except playing eldar. If you have more then 3 ships you have to us TC for it or you make errors just moving your ships around. If the AI could successfully help you then this might be different. If they finally change some stuff for eldar, maybe they could fix this issue, and you can successfully pull off a BB+2BC fleet without it if you practice, but if your using smaller ships this isnt an option.

A neat solution would be to you know, fix the AI and the Eldar fleet....Then you could do without TC. I am just worried no one will play one race due to this choice in ranked.
Fanatic Table Top Player
The Lord Tzeentch compels me!
Come to the side of Chaos, for we have cookies!

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”