Story Mode Spoilers / Negotiations a.k.a. AI is dumb as bricks a.ka. oh god emperor please help

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Chimarvide

Story Mode Spoilers / Negotiations a.k.a. AI is dumb as bricks a.ka. oh god emperor please help

Postby Chimarvide » 25 April 2016, 23:09

Warning: Spoilers ahead

-

So, I decided to consort with the filthy xenos at turn 20 and need to help them exterminate a few greenskins. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Wrong. Because the Eldar AI is a complete dipshit it goes and gets itself killed / runs away every damned time and ending the mission. I'm not having issues with the mission itself, just keeping the sack-of-bricks prince alive.

please.

help.
Last edited by Chimarvide on 25 April 2016, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

aetaosraukeres

Re: Story Mode Spoilers / Negotiations a.k.a. AI is dumb as bricks a.ka. oh god please help

Postby aetaosraukeres » 25 April 2016, 23:11

Chimarvide wrote:Warning: Spoilers ahead

-

So, I decided to consort with the filthy xenos at turn 20 and need to help them exterminate a few greenskins. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Wrong. Because the Eldar AI is a complete dipshit it goes and gets itself killed / runs away every damned time and ending the mission. I'm not having issues with the mission itself, just keeping the sack-of-bricks prince alive.

please.

help.

that is the price for helping xenos you filthy heretic

Psykmoe

Re: Story Mode Spoilers / Negotiations a.k.a. AI is dumb as bricks a.ka. oh god please help

Postby Psykmoe » 25 April 2016, 23:12

Failed that mission too. Eldar battleship is stupid and will just fart around in the killzone of the ork ship.

Still, despite the failure, the alliance was a go - apparently the Eldar at least credited me the attempt at helping them.

Necro

Postby Necro » 25 April 2016, 23:13

Use Taunt and Statis bombs to force orks to attack you or block them in place fo a moment to maneuver yourself between eldar and them. Micro Warp also can be useful. Also good positioning of eldar ship is important at start. I took me 3 save loading to do it but itd doable, ltrough really hard mission.

Chimarvide

Postby Chimarvide » 25 April 2016, 23:16

aetaosraukeres wrote:that is the price for helping xenos you filthy heretic

I know, I've already been executed thrice by my friendly neighborhood Inquisitor. By the Emperor, I think I'll just BLAM all the filthy xenos after this.

Necro wrote:Use Taunt and Statis bombs to force orks to attack you or block them in place fo a moment to maneuver yourself between eldar and them. Micro Warp also can be useful. Also good positioning of eldar ship is important at start. I took me 3 save loading to do it but itd doable, ltrough really hard mission.

Maybe I should just stasis bomb the Eldar in place for the entire battle.

Magni

Re: Story Mode Spoilers / Negotiations a.k.a. AI is dumb as bricks a.ka. oh god emperor please help

Postby Magni » 26 April 2016, 05:22

Besides taunt and stasis use, it's importnat in that mission to get into the fight quick and take some flak off the Eldar. So get some Dauntlesses in there instead of slower cruisers.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Story Mode Spoilers / Negotiations a.k.a. AI is dumb as bricks a.ka. oh god emperor please help

Postby Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf » 26 April 2016, 06:01

I took a batttleship and went straight for the Orks, Eldar flagship survived with 1/3 of health and even killed an Ork krooza. AI has problems with Eldar gameplay, that's right, but I'm wondering why some people have such big problems with AI, mine is quite OK. Seems to be the same as with Total War...on some computers the AI behaves quite good, on others like shit.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god is what started this mess in the first place..." Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Purging the bugs you'll never know!

HorribleGoat

Postby HorribleGoat » 26 April 2016, 09:11

I started the game with heroic and I am just now in this mission and gotta agree with OP.

While its heresy to ally with xenos, its stupid to fight in 3 fronts. Being stupid is bigger heresy.. :D

Why is the LONG range preferring Eldar just ramming into the midst of the CLOSE range preferring Orks.. And even if the Eldar leave, why cant I just mop up the last couple of ships and be done with it.

I would say more control over what the AI ally does would be needed. At least being able to set them to proper combat distance would go a long way in playing tactically with them and/or placing the AI ships along yours as their random starting positions are usually kust plain stupid.

Also the particular battle could really use some more points to make it feel as epic as the dialog before it states..

Khobai

Postby Khobai » 26 April 2016, 10:23

um 40k is about killing aliens not helping them

why is helping the eldar even a choice? the two choices should be "let the orks kill the eldar" and "kill both the orks and the eldar while theyre fighting eachother"

Lovenought

Postby Lovenought » 26 April 2016, 10:36

Khobai wrote:um 40k is about killing aliens not helping them

why is helping the eldar even a choice? the two choices should be "let the orks kill the eldar" and "kill both the orks and the eldar while theyre fighting eachother"

The Eldar and Imperium co-operate when they have to. They made an alliance in the actual, canon Gothic War. That's what happened in the original Battlefleet Gothic rulebook.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”