Why did you pre-order Battlefleet Gothic: Armada?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Why did you pre-order Battlefleet Gothic: Armada?

Postby Imperator5 » 08 February 2016, 19:12

I love 40k, and 40k naval combat never had a game. This game looks great and I'm hoping I can mod it to my wishes too!

Also, free DLC. It is smart to buy it while we get that.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 08 February 2016, 20:04

GreySeer wrote:I really hope for your sake that this complete lack of information so close to the release is nothing we should worry about.

So do I grey seer:)

I also wanted to say thank you for everyone that has posted so far. It is a joy to read everyone's replies.

StormAlchemist15

Postby StormAlchemist15 » 08 February 2016, 21:20

I bought it because I can't find local games of tabletop BFG and wanted to keep playing
All of our failures fuel our success in the bloody and visceral weather game of chess.

Otterz

Postby Otterz » 09 February 2016, 00:00

I was keeping an eye on the game in the fall, but started to lose track of it as the main focus of my attention was Warhammer: Total War. By the time December rolled around I as so displeased with the way that CA and Sega had been handling their pre-order bonuses, and the direction the game design was taking as a whole, that I had decided I wasn't going to buy the game.

Then in January Battle Fleet Gothic Armada went on sale on steam, and the pre-order bonus was announced. I felt like allowing people to get the pre-order bonus two months after release, as well as making the pre-order faction a non integral faction (space marines were not even in the original table top release, they were added in an expansion) was a very consumer friendly, and non manipulative way to do pre-orders. I looked at the recent trailers and was pleased with what I saw, so I pre-ordered.

Long story short, I could have waited to buy the game after release, but I pre-ordered to show my support for a consumer friendly company that seems to be trying to find middle ground in the midst of this pre-order/DLC war.

hetairoi

Postby hetairoi » 09 February 2016, 00:03

Cause Battlefleet Gothic? But seriously the bonuses are nice and the multi invite is cool. At least it's not $60 plus $14.99 unlike some Sega published games I know. ;)
In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 09 February 2016, 14:55

I have been wishing for the day a BFG game came to our virtual world. Every mod for other games that look promising always die off. So sad.. The one for sins of a solar empire could have been good.. The one that holds the crown is fire in the sky mod for star wars empire at war.. I am so excited for this game.. I have such high hopes!!

I really hope they added a camera to just watch the battles. The
Same thats in star wars empire at war.. Press space bar snd its like watching a movie.. All different angles to watch the action.. Auto follow ships and strike craft.

I hope with there long support after launch we eventually see all the ships in bfg..

demcrotes

Postby demcrotes » 10 February 2016, 04:20

Well I can't say I know anything about 40k, hell warhammer in general is an unknown to me. Don't know what the Imperium is, or what Chaos is, and on that note, why the hell is there orks in space? From what I have read I thought they were supposed to be insanely stupid. But I digress, I pre-ordered Gothica because I wanted a space RTS that looked good, and more importantly fun. And I also pre-ordered because the Space Marines sound cool.

HeMan

Postby HeMan » 10 February 2016, 21:35

Well, it's orcs in space. Good enough for me. I'm dying to try the beta-MP.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf

Postby Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf » 10 February 2016, 22:45

demcrotes wrote:Well I can't say I know anything about 40k, hell warhammer in general is an unknown to me. Don't know what the Imperium is, or what Chaos is, and on that note, why the hell is there orks in space? From what I have read I thought they were supposed to be insanely stupid. But I digress, I pre-ordered Gothica because I wanted a space RTS that looked good, and more importantly fun. And I also pre-ordered because the Space Marines sound cool.
Orks have the knowledge about technology engraved in their DNA. In some cases an Ork suddenly notices this knowledge and becomes an "Mech". Ork-Mechs are able to build anything the Imperium is able to do, and something even the Imperium does not understand fully. Not that the Mech understands it...he simply knows how to build it and what it does. Why...this question doesn't bother him.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god is what started this mess in the first place..." Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Purging the bugs you'll never know!

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 10 February 2016, 23:20

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf wrote:
demcrotes wrote:Well I can't say I know anything about 40k, hell warhammer in general is an unknown to me. Don't know what the Imperium is, or what Chaos is, and on that note, why the hell is there orks in space? From what I have read I thought they were supposed to be insanely stupid. But I digress, I pre-ordered Gothica because I wanted a space RTS that looked good, and more importantly fun. And I also pre-ordered because the Space Marines sound cool.
Orks have the knowledge about technology engraved in their DNA. In some cases an Ork suddenly notices this knowledge and becomes an "Mech". Ork-Mechs are able to build anything the Imperium is able to do, and something even the Imperium does not understand fully. Not that the Mech understands it...he simply knows how to build it and what it does. Why...this question doesn't bother him.

What is even more interesting is that any error in a Mech's design will have little to no impact on the design's actual effctiveness. A common example is any Ork Boy's "shoota": varying wildly in complexity and size, most handheld shooters are only a couple of cans smashed together to form a rough barrel, a length of 2x4 for a handle, and a couple of expended cartridges inside the barrel. But to the shock of most soldiers who fight the Orks, the shoota actually works! The key to this phenomenon is the Ork races collective impression in the Warp (a dimension that is shaped by the emotions of sentient species, which means that in the grim dark universe of Warhammer 40k the Warp is a genuinely terrifying place inhabited by demons and dark gods. Oh, and it can be used to "warp" the laws of reality, which in a relatively modest exploitation allows star-ships to cross interstellar distences), which uses the Warp's power to fill in any discrepancies in their machines through the complete belief that the machine will work. So in summation, the Ork race is its own best IT support, and because of this they are hands down the absolutely most entertaining, badass and funny faction in 40k :D

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”