Why did you pre-order Battlefleet Gothic: Armada?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Owl
Community Moderator

Why did you pre-order Battlefleet Gothic: Armada?

Postby Owl » 08 February 2016, 05:25

I have not been part of this community much longer than a week, but I have gotten the impression that we all care about the game a lot. Now, I bought BFG:A on February 3, and at the time I was debating whether or not I was should buy XCOM:2. It was the big game (and at the time of this post, still is) and I was only willing to buy one game. I decided to look around the Steam workshop before I made a decision, and Battlefleet Gothic immediately came to mind: I hadn't seen any news on it for months, but I love the 40k universe, and even more I love space battles! I noticed there was now a pre-order offer for the Space-Marine faction, and that, along with the 10% discount (it's more than you think :) ) pushed me to give the game a chance and buy it. But more than any discount or extra faction, I bought Battlefleet because I have always wanted a game that let me manage my own, personal fleet. I know I'm running a risk (I mean, I've only seen 3 minutes and 37 seconds of actual game play) but that is exactly why I'm volunteering for the technical test: I want to make Battlefleet Gothic: Armada a game everyone wants to play, a game so awesome that I am willing to test every limit of the engine for hours on end just so the finished product does not have a single bug in it. If anyone else has something to say about why they pre-ordered, feel free to write something down.
Last edited by Owl on 08 February 2016, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

SladeTeck

Re: Why did you pre-order Battlefleet Gothic: Armada?

Postby SladeTeck » 08 February 2016, 06:24

This has been on my radar since it was announced as a Warhammer fan, both Fantasy and 40K, I own nearly every modern version of 40K games. From DoW, onward, save one or two. Specifically the Strategy games as I enjoy them more than any other iteration of the genre. Also having played the tabletop games, it just seems like the right niche for them all. So I've purposefully indoctrinated myself into the lore completely and totally to get the true feel of everything, including the RPG Tabletop games. So, this was really a no brainer, plus most of my friends play these games with me so they all want to play together so I mean it's a great thing. Fun and tactically challenging. I just hope my computer can run it and not explode.

ChromeStriker

Postby ChromeStriker » 08 February 2016, 10:08

Have you seen the ships?? say what you want about GW but damn they have some nice models...!

If Armada lets me play BFG without paying GW's ridiculous prices, and have actual balance it will be worth every penny lol
Don't fly what you cant afford to lose....

Attackmack
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Attackmack » 08 February 2016, 13:40

As soon as I realised that BFG:A is sort of an adaption of the tabletop game, and not just carrying its name into something entirely different, my mind was made up!
Also, BFG is probably the part of the entire 40k lore and setting that I enjoy the most even though ive only played the tabletop a little. Loved every second of it though!

Ive preordered, prepaied, pledged and whatever else one can do to so many games throughout the years, no matter how this ends up it will still be far from the worst ive done :lol:

MagickalHack

Postby MagickalHack » 08 February 2016, 13:56

I was planning on buying the game when I first heard that it was being made. I love the TT game; even though there is nobody in my area who plays.

Death to the false emperor!
My Assault Boats bring all the boys to the yard...

Chaos Carrier Fleet guide

EET: We treat bugs like Pokemon.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf

Postby Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf » 08 February 2016, 15:35

I'm a huge 40k fan since about 15 years and played the BFG tabletop for a few years. At the moment I'm only playing Warhammer40k. I love strategy games since Age of Empires 1 and I even have a YT channel about strategy and tactics games. So...40k? Check! Strategy/tactics? Check! TAKE MY MONEY!!! I followed the development of this game for almost 2 years now and it was never a question if I would preorder it. xD
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god is what started this mess in the first place..." Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Purging the bugs you'll never know!

unholyknight

Postby unholyknight » 08 February 2016, 18:19

I really love BFG boardgame and even strong-armed some of my friends to play it... and they like it, so it was a little more bearable then play by myself. Alas, I could not play BFG at board, which I sorely miss (in our country there is some difficuilties at buying something more material then computer game, from other country) only by Vassal... so as soon as I knew that there will be RTS in BFG setting, I was in "shut up and take my money" mood.

Avgvst

Postby Avgvst » 08 February 2016, 18:27

It's BFG.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 08 February 2016, 19:05

I really hope for your sake that this complete lack of information so close to the release is nothing we should worry about.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 08 February 2016, 19:07

Well.
I've supported this game since (near-as-damn-it) day one and contributed so much to spreading the positive word of this game since I'm (maybe unhealthy) obsessed with the Naval aspects of 40K and the Imperium of Man.
It stemmed from my passion for Naval/Military History and love for anything in the Si-Fi genre.
So I was (and still am) a MASSIVE fan of BFG and everything related to it! :D
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”