PistonMiner's mods

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
PistonMiner

PistonMiner's mods

Postby PistonMiner » 15 February 2017, 20:05

Overview
This is the thread I'll use to share all my mods for this game that aren't Veritatem Imperialis.
Play Multiplayer at your own risk with these mods.
Installation instructions of the mods are, if not otherwise specified, all the same and located at the bottom of the post.

Restored Micro Warp Jump effect mod
This is a part of the Veritatem Imperialis mod. This adds back the old Micro Warp Jump effect seen in one of the original trailers. To quote myself:
PistonMiner wrote:As for the MWJ effect, many people actually won't know what I'm talking about. It's no wonder, since the effect was literally removed from one trailer shot to another:

Link: https://youtu.be/ZfBjZTm8IV4?t=1m45s (T=1:45)

In the first shot, you can see what I am talking about. In the very next shot, you can see the effect removed and ditched for what's currently ingame. I'm not sure why they did this, but in any case, I restored the effect:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DACojF71BbI

Funnily enough, this is the reason I started researching modding this game in the first place.

This mod should be Multiplayer-compatible with other players without the mod.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o68c0156h1wo9h8/MWJ-1-0.7z

Increased fleet point mod
This is a part of the Veritatem Imperialis mod. This changes the fleet point limits for Cruiser Clash, Breakthrough, and Data Recovery to higher values.
I think this mod should be Multiplayer-compatible with other players without the mod.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wk8mm0xbx8wy6b/PTS-1-1.7z

Version 1.1:
- Adapted for other gamemodes
Version 1.0:
- Initial release

Earlier versions:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1amijt4ibpp1am8/PTS-1-0.7z

Installation instructions:
1. Download the relevant mod.
2. Extract the archive.
3. Merge the folder 'BattleFleetGothic' with your 'BattleFleetGothic' folder. (If you can't find this, check 'Browse Local Files' in the Steam properties.)
4. Enjoy!
Last edited by PistonMiner on 01 March 2017, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

Neighbor Kid

Re: PistonMiner's mods

Postby Neighbor Kid » 15 February 2017, 20:34

I just did a 1500 point custom battle against chaos... and it was awesome! Performance did drop. I normally get 60 FPS constant, but it did slump to about 25 at times.. but it was still freaking awesome! Does this work in skirmish/elite battles?

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 15 February 2017, 20:46

Neighbor Kid wrote:I just did a 1500 point custom battle against chaos... and it was awesome! Performance did drop. I normally get 60 FPS constant, but it did slump to about 25 at times.. but it was still freaking awesome! Does this work in skirmish/elite battles?

I haven't done any testing, but I think it should.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 15 February 2017, 21:00

I gave it a couple shots. Skirmish/ Elite battles, and campaign are vanilla points. Still custom battle 1500 point was awesome. Also did a 900 point and that was great too!

if there is only a few things I could ask, but can deal with out.. is if.. you were able to figure out how to implement it to skirmish/elite, and raising points in planetary assualt, convoy missions. But dam data recover with more ships is so much more fun!

I'm also doing recordings. so 25 and holding strong while recording in 1080 max graphics.,., not recording.... 30-35 very playable. and that's vs orks with my IN... they came at me with 31 boats of dakka.. lol

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 28 February 2017, 20:52

Piston, would it be possible to check and see if there is a way to edit the points for skirmish, and elite battles?

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 28 February 2017, 22:27

Neighbor Kid wrote:Piston, would it be possible to check and see if there is a way to edit the points for skirmish, and elite battles?

In what way exactly aren't they currently edited?

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 01 March 2017, 00:24

The changes you made only affects custom battles. It doesn't do anything for skirmish and elite battles.

The addintional points does make the game a hell of alot more fun imo. If it were usable with persistant battles(skirmish/elite) it would be even better!

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 01 March 2017, 11:52

Neighbor Kid wrote:The changes you made only affects custom battles. It doesn't do anything for skirmish and elite battles.

The addintional points does make the game a hell of alot more fun imo. If it were usable with persistant battles(skirmish/elite) it would be even better!

Same is true for the VI mod, but I thought that was intentional.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 01 March 2017, 21:12

I have updated the OP with a new version which should address this problem.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 02 March 2017, 03:50

PistonMiner wrote:I have updated the OP with a new version which should address this problem.

Very awesome! I see it does Crusier clash and Date Recovery, does it also work with breakthrough, planetary assault etc?

Thank you so much!

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”