Make gameplay "events" to keep the servers populated ? Like revamped stats, abilities and powers.

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
StarSauron
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Make gameplay "events" to keep the servers populated ? Like revamped stats, abilities and powers.

Postby StarSauron » 16 February 2017, 14:39

Bludfist wrote:
StarSauron wrote:
1 Exactly that is the IDEA.
Creating something new to fix underlying issues that drove people away in the first place

No

Editing stats and the like wont address the issues that make the game frustrating for new players and in turn causes the abysmal player retention rate this game has like low level players being matched vs high level admirals with maxed ranked ships or the frustration of renown grind for a "narrative" that dosn't exist

new players get +100 renowns more for battle.
And if people want to play "equal" there is ranked.

So the Idea is, "ranked is pretty dead" , so we can use that "ranked mode" for events.

Equal footing events game mod ? Like 2000 points battles, but all ships are without upgrades and abilities ?
And the upgraded ships you do usually use are locked ?

Yet again its easy to make and people could respond about balance and so on buy such event, so the next one is better balanced.

So we have a fun mode and people play ranked again, for example to have 2000 points battle.

Bosie

Re: Make gameplay "events" to keep the servers populated ? Like revamped stats, abilities and powers.

Postby Bosie » 21 February 2017, 17:17

The problem with no abilities on ships is that the games are quite boring and there is very little to do. This is why they added powers to the game.

Ranked is dead as why would I want to play a fleet that is limited in powers? I can MP and run all level 10 maxed out ships, or I can play ranked and have ships missing powers vs maxed out ships that cost the same.

I've argued for some time the the points cost of a ship should be for a level 10 ship with a full set of powers, crew and a favor. In ranked we should have unlimited renown and be forced to either level up a ship with renown, making it cost more to use, or leaving powers off it making it cheaper. Also when a side capitulates all those ships they used should be classed as destroyed for the rest of the series. At the moment you can capitulate and lose one fight, but still have all the ships for the next one regardless.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”