What now? Is the Game Dead?! Is there more coming?!

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: What now? Is the Game Dead?! Is there more coming?!

Postby Imperator5 » 14 January 2017, 15:32

Some Necron models were posted I think sometime ago. They would also not hire a new person to be a community manager if they were done with the game.

Therefore, logic dictates that at least we will get the NecronDLC.

The problems are different. The playerbase is very low. I can see nothing short of a very big advertisement campaign to replenish the numbers and Focus and Tindalos do not have the money for such an advertisement campaign.

Therefore, I am not very hopeful that it will be profitable for them to make new content. The necron DLC will test the water if they can still make money or not on this game.

What I fear is that few people will buy it, since it will not be a free DLC any more. I fear it is too little too late, though I hope I'm wrong.

You also got a year's worth of entertainment for like forty dollars, which is not bad. I definately do not feel that it has been a ripoff. This is not a subscriber MMO.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 15 January 2017, 02:51

they tend to only release something when they have something significant
they have only done one quick fix and the hate they got for that was a lot more then for all their lateness
i do'nt see how having a new (or is it first?) community manager is in any way a sign that they aren't going to go on with this game

maybe i'm just lucky with when i have free time
but i still get matches in less then 3min usually less than 1
and i fought 5 new players today as well as having seen a lot of new players since Christmas that i still meet regularly
then there are the single player people who will come back to test a new faction like they did for tau
like a bigger version of the influx every time a new update is released
including the specific faction fans, there are a lot of people who want the nids that wont buy the game without them for example
also dont think the advertisement campaign needs to be that big
i know several youtubers that keep an eye on this game as well as a bunch of people that do too
people are waiting, this is the best warhammer game that has been released in a long time, and with how DoW3 looks that isnt going to change soon
hell even the whiny bastards like the ones who made this tread and similar will buy it again just so they can come on the forum to whine again... well at least some of them will, some will just continue to whine without knowing what they are talking about

but this might just be appearances, i dont spend my time looking at charts of players, instead i just play
dont know

if they do release necrons in the next few months i hope they dont draw conclusions too soon or at least add a +1 to their end results
i will be buying it as soon as the move stuff has settled down

Kalenath

Postby Kalenath » 15 January 2017, 10:21

Atherius wrote:
To be blunt, you are misquoting him. Over the last few days his posts have told us the opposite, that the Tindalos staff is still busy on various projects. He has neither said wether or not they are Battlefleet Gothic projects or other projects. In no way what so ever does he say that they are not working on Battlefleet Gothic.

You will have to find somebody else to quote. If you didn't notice I mentioned the exact same quote in my above post.

But misquoting is the BASIS for all things internet.

Make someone actually read the words printed and you take away at least half of the justification for their hatred. That won't happen.

MUCH easier to read the little bits they want and ignore the rest.

Imperator5 wrote:You also got a year's worth of entertainment for like forty dollars, which is not bad. I definately do not feel that it has been a ripoff. This is not a subscriber MMO.

Personally? I have only played it for a few hours, but that isn't the game's fault. Life was unfun this last year. I hope to have more time to play games this year.

I don't consider this game a ripoff either. Not like most Ubisoft titles these days.
You deny the Greater Good? I regret that.

YOU will regret the seeker missile that is now homing in on your personal biosignature. Have a nice day.

:P

Roibr54

Postby Roibr54 » 15 January 2017, 14:39

Steel*Faith wrote:Just to counter balance this asshole. Thank you for the free Tau DLC, it something I still greatly appreciate it.

I do hope we can see some more balance updates, and some improvements to the AI though. For instance, AI can see your stealth fleets, making these perks useless in sp.

Yeah, i really like the Game. Haven`t played in a while though!

I paid around 40 Bucks and got 2 free Fleets. So im really happy bout that
Last edited by Roibr54 on 16 January 2017, 20:56, edited 2 times in total.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 15 January 2017, 14:58

I paid like 303 Bucks and got 2 free DLC`s. So im really happy bout that

you should just buy from steam, less chance of being ripped off like that
even with how great this game is 303 bucks is just too much
how did you not notice you where being scammed

on a similar note, its reaching x-com long war and skyrim levels of playtime
and those games needed massive modding to keep me interested, i will be playing this for years

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 15 January 2017, 18:00

It is pretty easy to find games in 1v1, 2v2 is pretty dead althought.

The real problem is giving new dlc won t make the game last long because it won t attract new players.
And it is also very hard to know whats going on in thos game. Still some development ongoing? new campaigns? something for multiplayer like persistent war?

Without a clear vision of what will happen, their is low reason to buy dlc factions which won t really change the core problems and the contents inside the game
Repent, for tomorrow you die

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 16 January 2017, 17:12

I've been disappointed with the game myself. I'm greatful for the free DLC, the game just isn't what I was hoping it would live up to. I think Tindalos can fix it, but it won't become good just with a patch, or a dlc that adds a new fleet. It needs something similar to how Final Fantasy 14 got almost completely revamped into Final Fantasy 14 Realm Reborn. I almost feel like refunds should be offered for this game. I wanted to get through the single player campaign but I never did, and I was enjoying the SP campaign, but many frustrating things of the game itself just kept me from completing it.

I never even got into multiplayer, I primarily played through with most of the fleets (before tau, never played tau yet) vs computer in the single player skirmish stuff. Its the same frustrating gauntlet over and over and over. Match length, loading times, and so many other esthetics of the game all feel clunky and awkward.

I want BFG to be popular, I still have my fleets sitting in a box waiting to be used again some day. I dunno. I'm still willing to give Tindalos a chance, but until something major happens I have this game uninstalled.

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 16 January 2017, 17:19

Ashardalon wrote:

and those games needed massive modding to keep me interested, i will be playing this for years

I dunno, I've got 112 Hours on BFG:A without ever touching multiplayer. 77 hours of X-com Enemy Unknown without any mods. 102 hours of Xenonaughts without mods. 104 hours of X-com UFO defence. 111 hours of X-com Terror from the deep.

X-com: EU is not bad, but its a jarring difference from traditional x-com and in-game lag and load times between everything made it a slog at times. I don't think I'll ever play it again, and I'll still play it again before BFG:A until some major changes are made to the game. I'd gladly play Xenonaughts or the first two X-com games again without any changes needed because they are tight fun experiences.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 16 January 2017, 17:31

Don't you mean 33 dollars? Not 303? 33 sounds like about what the game costs with a discount and is a fair price.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Roibr54

Postby Roibr54 » 16 January 2017, 21:04

Ashardalon wrote:

Sry m8 i didn`t pay 300+ Fr.- ! That was just Mistyping :oops:

I payed around 30-40.- Swiss Franks... It was really cheap, especially in Switzerland :evil: But Battlefleet Gothic is a lot of Fun to play!
Plus I own 2 Fleets for free due to Pre-ordering which is awesome

Can`t wait for more Co-op Content for this Game! I have around 237h from every Gametype. Mostly Co-op though!

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”