Let us share initial impressions on the release patch notes

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
cmdchicken

Re: Let us share initial impressions on the release patch notes

Postby cmdchicken » 21 April 2016, 18:03

oflegions wrote:
cmdchicken wrote:
oflegions wrote:Shoot me if I'm wrong, but I'm still missing some of the skills. They're still greyed out with the "locked"-symbol.

I noticed with Imperials some of the upgrades were greyed out. I think that they are only unlocked for certain ships.

For example; The torpedo upgrade is only for ships with torps (obvious) and I believe the ram upgrade is only for ships that have the dong hanging out infront of the prow, like the Retribution or Overlord (less obvious)

I mean the Skills, not the upgrades ;)

What skills, on what ships? Details man! :ugeek:

whaleboy

Postby whaleboy » 21 April 2016, 18:04

Imps getting a ton of specialization choices is perfect and hopefully gives them more of an identity as the "do everything fairly well but do nothing the very best" faction.

Glad to see plasma bomb stacking was nerfed, would like to see them reworked at some point since teleporting the bombs still feels flaccid to me.

Melta torps are really cool and as a torp heavy imp player I'm excited to play with them.

oflegions

Postby oflegions » 21 April 2016, 18:09

Sry, my bad.
On all Ships, when you click on "Skills". I can only choose two skills from each subcategory..

cmdchicken

Postby cmdchicken » 21 April 2016, 18:11

I just realised that one of my Dauntless light cruisers is called 'The Honour of Erebus'.

Kine²

Postby Kine² » 21 April 2016, 18:19

Toranth wrote:Initial thoughts?
Ya... wait, a ram buff for the IMPERIALS? That's wierd.

Considering Imperial cannot escape Orks when caught, a short range burst damage is not uncalled for. Extra ram damage will be handy. Good versus Eldar too since ramming is gonna be alot more consistent than trying to connect your torps on those speed freaks.

Toranth wrote:Second impression:
Eldar Holo nerfs, yay? Basically, lances are still like before,
Pulsars didn't get changed (boo!), which I feel is A Bad Thing.

Majority opinion was that a double nerf to Holofield AND Pulsar at the same time was more likely to break Eldar than to fix them. Small steps is more prudent in this case I think. Good call by Devs.

Toranth wrote:Third impression:
Orks? Orks got nothing, boo! In fact, the MWJ nerf and the Speed Upgrade removal are both extra negative for Orks. Also, Taunt now lasts 50% longer, the potential for multiple insubordinations hits Orks harder, and the increased range for Augur Disruptor makes it useful finally, especially against short-ranged Orks.

Ye ... they got hit hard. That said, nerf was needed to tone down certain Ork combos that were too strong. MWJ + trakktor + ram + taunt + induction cell + double ram for eg. was too ridiculous. Can still work mind you. Basically once they catch you, the Orks can unleash an almost unbreakable multi hit combo like something outta Street Fighter X all the while dishing out their huge gun damage. Longer taunt so you can actually break the combo isn't too unfair imo. And insubordination checks only an issue IF you manage to kill one of their ships which is not easy to do in the first place. (unless you're Eldar :P)
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

Amoc

Postby Amoc » 21 April 2016, 18:20

cmdchicken wrote:I just realised that one of my Dauntless light cruisers is called 'The Honour of Erebus'.

I'm calling the Ordo Hereticus.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 21 April 2016, 18:20

EBA wrote:Orks now undisputed strongest race once more.

:lol:

All through the ETT testing vs ork opponents
I taunt control the ork ship

Then with my other ships go behind it and stilt the engines to increase my engine crit chance, without engines ork ships are just floating bricks

3 of the upgrade slots for all ork ships are predecided as unchained squigs, ap rounds and belt armor

They also cannot take thier BB into fights anymore because it is a large, slow easy to hit target

This dosnt sound like the strongest faction to me

And that's not even mentioning how the MWJ nerfs or the stacking mutiny debuff affect orks most

@Kine

You seriously cannot think that loosing control of your ship for 22s is ok
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

EBA

Postby EBA » 21 April 2016, 18:29

Bludfist wrote:
EBA wrote:Orks now undisputed strongest race once more.

:lol:

All through the ETT testing vs ork opponents
I taunt control the ork ship

Then with my other ships go behind it and stilt the engines to increase my engine crit chance, without engines ork ships are just floating bricks

3 of the upgrade slots for all ork ships are predecided as unchained squigs, ap rounds and belt armor

They also cannot take thier BB into fights anymore because it is a large, slow easy to hit target

This dosnt sound like the strongest faction to me

And that's not even mentioning how the MWJ nerfs or the stacking mutiny debuff affect orks most

@Kine

Only if the orks don't taunt control you first.

Taunt escalation. Have taunt of lose. taunt taunt taunt.

If the orks have taunt, which they will on every ship, every time that's off CD they will kill a ship. I have yet to see the reverse since other people's ships do less damage and orks have more health

Kine²

Postby Kine² » 21 April 2016, 18:51

Bludfist wrote:@Kine

It could have been unintentional but I think it suits counter taunts.

Ork taunts victim for 15s
Victim counters for 22s
In the end it only buys him 7s to reposition

Assuming it was IN and he went exactly the right direction it'd get him out to 1,050 range. 1,225 with Mezoa.
Even if it wasn't a counter taunt and IN flat out taunts Ork for 22s ... that's only 3,300 of distance.
As soon as you come out of taunt and trakktor him back in he'd be back at 2,300 range.
And remember, all through out the 22s duration IN is taking gun damage from the taunted Ork.

IF it was a counter taunt and he flees with that 7s headstart, a single Trakktor pull will bring him back to 0k range.

I think the Disorganized trait tweak isn't gonna break Ork...

---

Pigeon holing them with Squigs however .... well. Hope you Testers can bring some persuasive arguments. I suspect it was a move to address Eldar *qq* something about Taunt = Death for Eldars which in all honesty is a questionable claim. I think the toggle hotkey is F5 to save your ass ? Not exactly pro-micro skills.
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

Amoc

Postby Amoc » 21 April 2016, 19:00

For a game like this, taunt is literally one of the stupidest mechanics I've ever seen. It makes absolutely no sense and it's a crutch that the devs have balanced some of the factions around. It needs to die.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”