Your Ideas to keep the game alive, PVP online or in PVE vs AI ?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Your Ideas to keep the game alive, PVP online or in PVE vs AI ?

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 10 November 2016, 03:31

BanjoJohn wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
BanjoJohn wrote:The only thing I think that could revitalize this game would be total mod support. Otherwise its just too... same-y

As much as you are right...
even if Tindalos does something to revitalize this game, it sure as hell isn't gonna be mod support.

But how else other than mod support are we going to turn this into a good game?

Through a massive number of other potential possibilities, now the problem is if Tindalos finally get a clue and implement a few things we've kept periodically discussing here on the forum.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 20 November 2016, 11:33

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
BanjoJohn wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
As much as you are right...
even if Tindalos does something to revitalize this game, it sure as hell isn't gonna be mod support.

Through a massive number of other potential possibilities, now the problem is if Tindalos finally get a clue and implement a few things we've kept periodically discussing here on the forum.

I'm afraid most of these changes either go against the developer's vision of the game, or are just too hard to pull off on a completed product.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Warboss

Postby Warboss » 21 November 2016, 03:37

personally I think the easiest way for us to improve player retention would be to allow players to use their single player fleet in multi player. This would allow new players to have a fully leveled fleet available to them when they move into multiplayer but it wouldn't get rid of the thrill of progressing since you could start a different race once you were interested in a challenge.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 21 November 2016, 11:18

Warboss wrote:personally I think the easiest way for us to improve player retention would be to allow players to use their single player fleet in multi player. This would allow new players to have a fully leveled fleet available to them when they move into multiplayer but it wouldn't get rid of the thrill of progressing since you could start a different race once you were interested in a challenge.

Not a bad idea, but it would be just easier to let them make a fully levelled fleet in MP once they levelled one in SP of the same race.

Something like:

Check if player has SP profile of Race, level 8, if all ships are 10.

If Race and Level 8 check out, give them a level 8 MP profile with level 1 ships.
If the all ships are 10 checks out too, give them a level 8 MP profile with level 10 ships.

Remember that single player saves can be edited and sent around to other players easily, so everybody would soon be using my Angry Marine fleet that compromises of 6 battlebarges with all upgrades and names like "Avenger of Fuklaw" and less SFW names.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 21 November 2016, 17:00

Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
BanjoJohn wrote:

I'm afraid most of these changes either go against the developer's vision of the game, or are just too hard to pull off on a completed product.

considering that imba matches are ok, engineered mechanics designed to cuase frustration and eldar death rays are all "part of the developers vision" i dont mind seeing a different vision

not one bit
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

Warboss

Postby Warboss » 23 November 2016, 03:14

Bludfist wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

considering that imba matches are ok, engineered mechanics designed to cuase frustration and eldar death rays are all "part of the developers vision" i dont mind seeing a different vision

not one bit

dude you cant seriously be complaining about pulsars at this point. Really? They are more then fair with the range and damage nerf they currently have. I mean hell its rendered the aurora light cruiser all but useless

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 23 November 2016, 14:21

Warboss wrote:
Bludfist wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

not one bit

dude you cant seriously be complaining about pulsars at this point. Really? They are more then fair with the range and damage nerf they currently have. I mean hell its rendered the aurora light cruiser all but useless

Dude you can't be serious yourself.

He obviously referred to how they used to work because devs thought it would be a good idea in the first place, and changed it only after a loong time after a lot of complaints. Where do you see "at this point" part?
The sentence below is true
The sentence above is false

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 24 November 2016, 17:44

he is also complaining about the MASSIVE imbalance of a 2lvl difference
no im pretty sure he was speaking about current pulsars and hes just really bad at the game

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 25 November 2016, 03:12

Noooope

Im pretty sure im talking about the on release eldar death rays that everyone wanted changed since the beta that the devs thought were ok for some reason and was single handily responsible for the first mass exodus from this game

Also you can claim if you want that there is no imba level match ups, that its all working as intended but even now there are steam threads of people asking why the hell their level 2/3 admirals are getting matched up vs much more experienced admirals with max fleets and what not
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 25 November 2016, 03:25

i lvled up 5 times from1 to 10 never seeing a ship that was more than 2lvls higher
on the other hand i have been called out for having massively overpowered overleveled ships with my lvl 4 ships going vs lvl 6 ships
honestly i dont believe those crybabies anymore

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”