About when do you think the community will die?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Bludfist

Re: About when do you think the community will die?

Postby Bludfist » 17 October 2016, 14:37

Imperator5 wrote:But they got a lot of things to do, and GW is really pestering them about what they can or can not do.

And you know what?

I wish they would talk about what those...."lots of things are"

It dosnt take a lot to write a blog post, even the eternal crusades for all their failures communicated better the devs

Give some semblance of "hope" for the game

and not wait till the next random dlc announcement or hot fix
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 17 October 2016, 21:10

Bludfist wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:But they got a lot of things to do, and GW is really pestering them about what they can or can not do.

And you know what?

It dosnt take a lot to write a blog post, even the eternal crusades for all their failures communicated better the devs

There are rumors that GW is taking an active censor part in development and Necrons are the focus now. I would mainly think that's where all the attention goes. To the various coding/modelling/texturing/etc needed to make ready to Assholetep to take his mighty Tombships and troll the living into the grave.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 17 October 2016, 23:43

Really wish we had more communication.... really do.. its poor.. They need a community management person..

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 18 October 2016, 00:19

Imperator5 wrote:
Bludfist wrote:

And you know what?

There are rumors that GW is taking an active censor part in development and Necrons are the focus now. I would mainly think that's where all the attention goes. To the various coding/modelling/texturing/etc needed to make ready to Assholetep to take his mighty Tombships and troll the living into the grave.

it's ALSO possiable that the rumored BFG table top game is closer then we think...

Emperorvalse

Postby Emperorvalse » 18 October 2016, 03:00

BrianDavion wrote:it's ALSO possiable that the rumored BFG table top game is closer then we think...

Well I hope that is true.
I bought this game with high hopes of it capturing the feel of the TTG, which to a large extent it has.
However I am not a player who goes online or plays multiplayer. Why? Because I am not a player with a MMO/RTS playing background and the aspect that I, and my friends who I have shown the game to, do not like is the pace of this game. For those players like me who loved the TTG what I like was the fact the game was about placement, manoeuvring your ships carefully, which on the TTG you have time to do this. In BFG:A the paces is very fast, too fast for an inexperienced player like me or someone who loves micromanagement and for me it is just not what I consider enjoyment in trying to fight with my ships the way I want to.
I know the remaining players in this community have the MMO/RTS experience and can manage playing this game without the use of the TC, but I think many more players cannot and are too intimidated to fight a PVP match without the use of the TC. I do not understand why the developers chose this pace, I see no need for games to last 3 - 5 minutes and yes I agree leaving the TC on is too slow but there should be a medium between the current pace and the TC.
I will play this game on the occasion, probably restarting the campaign on a higher level but I know I will not be engaging in any PVP.
Anyway this is my view, and a few of my friends who will not part with the cash or time to play this game, but I do feel the BFG:A is a missed opportunity or was targeted a too niche an audience.

Iam Alpharius
Tindalos Team

Postby Iam Alpharius » 18 October 2016, 12:37

Imperator5 wrote:
Bludfist wrote:

And you know what?

Everything we do must be approved by GW in some way, witch is easier if we stick as close as possible to The TT. Now sometime we need/have/want to innovate on certain stuff (drone, Demiurg ordonance, orks ships design etc...) and we must convince them that its a good idea/wont hurt the license, then they decide if they allow us to incorporate it in the game witch is difficult to says the least.
I am not Alpharius.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 18 October 2016, 13:47

It's nice to hear from a Dev. Any chance we can have regular updates from you guys please?

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 18 October 2016, 18:44

Huzzah! A dev reply... What a shocker GW ***** with everything.. Its bad enough the hobby is dying.. Due to ridiculous prices of their models... They just gotta have their fucking hand in absoluetly everything. Fuck...7th edition 40k imo the absolute worst edition of 40k to date. Someone remake the game with new names and changed fluff to the year 100k please... *Rant off

I iust want this game to succeed...it is my imagination come true...

GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby GreySeer » 18 October 2016, 22:13

Iam Alpharius wrote:Everything we do must be approved by GW in some way, witch is easier if we stick as close as possible to The TT. Now sometime we need/have/want to innovate on certain stuff (drone, Demiurg ordonance, orks ships design etc...) and we must convince them that its a good idea/wont hurt the license, then they decide if they allow us to incorporate it in the game witch is difficult to says the least.

Balance changes must be approved by GW too? Or such thing like ranked 2v2? You have done only 4! balance changes from 3 big patches. You don't care about balance and instead of consolidating the MP player (which already is a small) you have divided it. Game needs work and attention but you are toying witch new fleet DLC and fighting with GW about what you can do and which of your ideas is worthy enough of their brand and you are totally ignoring the community, which is worried.

Neighbor Kid wrote:Huzzah! A dev reply... What a shocker GW ***** with everything.. Its bad enough the hobby is dying.. Due to ridiculous prices of their models... They just gotta have their fucking hand in absoluetly everything. Fuck...7th edition 40k imo the absolute worst edition of 40k to date. Someone remake the game with new names and changed fluff to the year 100k please... *Rant off

I iust want this game to succeed...it is my imagination come true...

GW models have ridiculous prices? I'm buying their models from a few years and I haven't even noticed. Ridiculously high prices of GWs models is in my humble opinion a complete nonsense. If I catch a some time I will make a topic and I will compare the price and quality of GW products and the competition, their products are mostly on average and some are cheaper, yes there are some really expensive stuff but I can tell you now that GW isn't expensive, this hobby is.

And why some else one should "remake the game with new names and changed fluff to the year 100k". You should do that if you are so enlightened on the topic.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 18 October 2016, 22:32

Then you clearly have not been playing 40k for years if you dont think the cost is high. Example... Leman Russ used to be I think 30 or 35... Now its 50 at least.. A Land raider is i think 75 now? Used to be 45.... Unless you have deep pockets thats expensive.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”