About when do you think the community will die?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
GreySeer
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: About when do you think the community will die?

Postby GreySeer » 18 October 2016, 23:00

offtop so just quickly.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Im ... attle-Tank Leman Russ Battle Tank made in UK - 4 variants to chose + weapons options for hull and sponsons, can be magnetised + transfers 49,50$

http://www.dustgame.com/products_d.php?sid=26&id=627 K-SU801 Iosef Stalin / Aleksandr Vasilevsky made in china - 2 options, can be magnetised 55.00$
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 19 October 2016, 04:28

Ok.... And? Other hobbies arent cheap either...

In any case what sense of balance does GW not see going on here? They are literally making this game crash and burn if they make such an impact on even balance patches...

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 19 October 2016, 06:07

Neighbor Kid wrote:Ok.... And? Other hobbies arent cheap either...

In any case what sense of balance does GW not see going on here? They are literally making this game crash and burn if they make such an impact on even balance patches...

Tell it to them...
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 19 October 2016, 06:55

come on kids, have you NEVER talked to anyone whose EVER worked in an eistablished IP before? this isn't some strange quirk of GW, this is the NORM. wanna play in someone else's sandbox? you need to get their approval for the stuff you do. this would be the same if the IP was Star Wars (which BTW is one of the more demanding franchises to work with I hear) Star Trek, Warhammer, D&D or even My Little Pony.

McNash

Postby McNash » 19 October 2016, 07:50

Oh, one of those VS threads, you know:

VS

Here is what is going to happen, because I know the drill:

-Half of you are going to bad-mouth the developers, post all over the internet what a piece of trash the game is and speak bad about it to all your friends, particularly potential customers, after that you will come back here and blame the developers for the shrinking fanbase, all while spamming posts about how your ideas will save the game, why, indeed, your factual economic value to them is like 10 dollars given how the studios only get like 20 percent of every sale.
-The other half of you will say everything is ok, of course this is subjective, so, you may or may not be correct, but then again, not pointing out the things that are bad about the game is quite dangerous, but then again, from the point of view of the above people you are just selling out while the developers may conclude that if you find things nice then everything is ok.
-Finally, most of you really have no real power about how good the game will fare, on the other hand you can try to take it down, but you all are ultimately futile as you don't even represent 10 percent of the gaming population of BFG:A.

Anyway, let's continue the historic tradition of using forums to throw tantrums and pointless speeches.

By the way, why is that so many testers of this game have ended up throwing mud to it? One my expect developers to look for people who will unconditionally support them, I mean, look at some of the DoW3 mods, they seem to have the whole day to defend the technical and design choices done by Relic.

GreySeer

Postby GreySeer » 19 October 2016, 08:04

No one have said loudly to this date that GW interfere with the balance. I have reason to doubt it because it just so happens that Mordheim whose publisher is also Focus Home Interactive apparently has no such problems like no balance at all.

And GW doesn't allow communication with the community or update the road map too?

McNash wrote:By the way, why is that so many testers of this game have ended up throwing mud to it? One my expect developers to look for people who will unconditionally support them, I mean, look at some of the DoW3 mods, they seem to have the whole day to defend the technical and design choices done by Relic.

Because we are testers, no mods and above all we are not some bunch of mindless golems worshipping developers and singing hymns in their honour no matter what. I for example do care about this game this is the reason why I'm doing what I do.
Praise the Machine God
Bless His construct-creations
And death to those who are not part of His grand design

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 19 October 2016, 11:23

To all the "balance" complaints, the balance is not that bad imo, there are issues, but no MU is unwinnable if you know what you're doing (I've played all fleets quite a bit). Also a large part of the playerbase is probably SP. where balance doesn't really matter much. So blaming playerbase drop on balance is rather ridiculous I think.

Imo the main problems are split MP community (but most play persistent atm anyway I feel so if you want ranked you're out of luck) and persistent being punishing for new players/low level admirals which discourages them to play the game.

Also, I just don't feel like the game has enough depth to retain people for an extended period of time, e.g. I can't see myself continuously playing it if new content doesn't come out as it gets boring after a while. One of the other factors that contributes to matches getting boring is the initial ~3 minutes (depending on factions) where fleets just move towards each other sending out some probes and torps at best.

It's a niche game anyway, I doubt it will ever have a huge playerbase but I hope the devs manage to keep enough players so that making expansions is worthwhile.
Last edited by MadDemiurg on 19 October 2016, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 19 October 2016, 13:37

Games workshop prices are bad and high. But other companies CAN have even WORSE prices. At least with the GW you get good quality for the unicorn's soul. Just avoid FW and Finecast.

Also, don't compare Dow3 to this game. Dow3 is so bad, C S Goto and Matt Ward making it would have been less bad. It will be only worth checking on the Freebooter seas because it will have a story campaign. Though I think I may just as well watch that on youtube. I'll definatly need it to have mod support in order to even consider buying it on a steam sale.

Lets see what Tindalos did that Sega could not:
-No rainbows.
-No lascannons, I mean lances replaced by multilasers.

I'm not giving "Not taking away synch kills" because space combat never had those and it would be way too hard to implement here.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Arctourus

Postby Arctourus » 19 October 2016, 13:53

something I"ve noticed...may be a bug, but sometimes I'll log in and try to join a multiplayer match and wait for several minutes. If I exit the game and reload, I tend to get a match within seconds, and have no problems from there on out. It may not be low playerbase (even though playerbase is low) but could be a but with matchmaking.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 19 October 2016, 17:36

Arctourus wrote:something I"ve noticed...may be a bug, but sometimes I'll log in and try to join a multiplayer match and wait for several minutes. If I exit the game and reload, I tend to get a match within seconds, and have no problems from there on out. It may not be low playerbase (even though playerbase is low) but could be a but with matchmaking.

...yet another thing to throw into the bag of issues with current matchmaking system.

Gee, why am I not surprised.

We do know that GW heavily interferes with the game's development but we don't know just how much they meddle with minor balancing, that is stats changes. Damage/HP increasing/decreasing and such.

That is something devs could most likely tamper with more but it doesn't seem like they've been even trying for a while now.
We've only had a zzzap dmg nerf as the only real balance change in what, 3-4 months? I've lost count.

It's the slow rate of changes that's the biggest issue right now, apart from persistent mode ofc (which is utterly killing this game atm by pushing away potential new players).
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”