is this a bug or hack?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
TheBurger

is this a bug or hack?

Postby TheBurger » 01 October 2016, 00:43

So i was just in a game (2v2) with my friend and when he was about to win his last ship gets 1 hit from 100%hp to 0% and they win. is this a bug or a hack cause all the modules showed up as destroyed before the ship was destroyed it seems too fishy for it to be a bug. im trying to find the guys profile rn. Edit from Moderator: The steam link has been removed as accusations shouldn't be made on public forums. The link has been stored as a precaution though.

Ashardalon

Re: is this a bug or hack?

Postby Ashardalon » 01 October 2016, 01:21

did every system go temp critted full yellow half a second before it exploded?
was he playing space marines?
during the beta this happened a few times and was reported but was hard to reproduce
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22572
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22593
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22590
a few of the other treads about this
if you have recording software recording it would be awesome since it could help them figure out what is causing it
does seem to be related to tau apparently, havnt seen it happen between the beta and full release, so seems linked to tau

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 01 October 2016, 01:39

I've had exactly this situation. PvE this time. My Carnage went from near full, to all crits to death against Tau.

Edit: again, happened today after a volley from SM cruiser, with bombardment cannon involved. My experimental Murder (yeah, I know it normally sucks) exploded.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Alexi_Menser
Community Moderator

Postby Alexi_Menser » 07 October 2016, 08:32

TheBurger wrote:So i was just in a game (2v2) with my friend and when he was about to win his last ship gets 1 hit from 100%hp to 0% and they win. is this a bug or a hack cause all the modules showed up as destroyed before the ship was destroyed it seems too fishy for it to be a bug. im trying to find the guys profile rn.

Hi Burger,

The situation you had arise seems to be very odd, but it looks like it is a technical bug and not some form of player based hacking. As such, I am going to remove the text section that has the players profile but I will pass it along to any of the developers/publishers who require it.

Thanks for posting the report and hopefully this problem won't occur again.

Best Regards,
~Alexi Menser
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

Yrvann

Postby Yrvann » 07 October 2016, 09:34

This is a bug that can be exploited in multiplayer. I managed to replicate the problem in single player, in skirmish and custom mode.
See http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22683 for more details.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 07 October 2016, 18:19

I've had this bug happen once as well. At 1st I thought the guy might be crit hacking but didn't record a video to prove anything.

Had a Stronghold lose full health in 1 second to 1 lvl 1 lvl 1 BB, no lock on, no crew upgrades, no chapter master, no master of the forge.

An educated guess tells me that the alpha of a naked BB shouldn't be doing 500 hull damage in a single bombardment salvo without chapter master or crew points. Especially from the front where the Stronghold has 75 armor at a distance of 6k so no ramming.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”