So, about the mod...

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

So, about the mod...

Postby CALiGeR190 » 29 September 2016, 16:08

...I'm curious to know what people are up to with the mod and opinions on balance with the new ships.

Being the guy in the team of three who focuses pretty heavily on balance, tactical application and builds I'm very curious to see what other people think or tactics strategies people have come up with.

If you aren't happy with balance, whats the issue with it? What would you change? (baring in mind a lot of others things we plan to change haven't happened yet)

On another note, We're aware of the problem with Tau tool tips, it should be a simple fix and be repaired fairly quickly.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Neighbor Kid

Re: So, about the mod...

Postby Neighbor Kid » 29 September 2016, 22:06

Nothing else has been touched besides the IN right? For the moment, the nova cannons being a 1 min reload breaks them big time.

I love the new ship you guys have brought in, just difficult to give you a real answer if every other fleet hasn't been touch.

Beyond nova, IN vs IN seems to be fine.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 29 September 2016, 22:35

Neighbor Kid wrote:Nothing else has been touched besides the IN right? For the moment, the nova cannons being a 1 min reload breaks them big time.

I love the new ship you guys have brought in, just difficult to give you a real answer if every other fleet hasn't been touch.

Beyond nova, IN vs IN seems to be fine.

Yeah the Nova is supposed to be 2 min cooldown, but the Tau patch made a bit of a change to that. In the end iteration I even thought about increased nova damage and 2.30 - 3 min cooldown.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 29 September 2016, 22:38

Indeed.

Only IN are modded so far, without modifications to chaos and those adjustments to SM it's too early to talk about balancing.

Last time I played it, missile launcher batteries had ridiculous crit rates but that's it, can't say right now since I'm waiting for next version.

Once the list of changes spans at least 3 races, we can talk more globally.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

RKM

Postby RKM » 29 September 2016, 23:20

Being an admiral of the Imperial Navy I am very pleased with just 1 minute of reload time. But I do see that 1 min is quite short. Maybe 90 second will work.

I do agree that we need to see the changes in Chaos at least to tell how the balance will work.

But so far I have no complaints. Loved the Victory and Mercury combination. Always have a thing with laser.

Neighbor Kid

Postby Neighbor Kid » 29 September 2016, 23:26

RKM wrote:Being an admiral of the Imperial Navy I am very pleased with just 1 minute of reload time. But I do see that 1 min is quite short. Maybe 90 second will work.

I do agree that we need to see the changes in Chaos at least to tell how the balance will work.

But so far I have no complaints. Loved the Victory and Mercury combination. Always have a thing with laser.

IMO 90 is still too short.. its a very powerful hit. especially with up to 300 pt's of damage.. thats alot and too little time to be able to fire that weapon.

RKM

Postby RKM » 29 September 2016, 23:34

Neighbor Kid wrote:
RKM wrote:Being an admiral of the Imperial Navy I am very pleased with just 1 minute of reload time. But I do see that 1 min is quite short. Maybe 90 second will work.

IMO 90 is still too short.. its a very powerful hit. especially with up to 300 pt's of damage.. thats alot and too little time to be able to fire that weapon.

True. But in most situation 90s is about the time where the enemy closes enough that Nova is irrelevant.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”