Tac Cog bmers

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Adrmial Seraph
Posts: 400
Joined: 11 March 2016, 07:26
Contact:

Tac Cog bmers

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 09 September 2016, 23:23

I've been noticing a sharp increase in these assholes. This is why a lot of us didn't want tac cog in multiplayer.

If you're gonna keep such a stupid mechanic at least limit the amount it can be active to 30 seconds per match. There are pricks out there who activate it to slow the tempo down and screw with your strategy. Last game had some jackass who decided to spam it, bm me and then un-tac cog to screw with my tempo.

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby CALiGeR190 » 10 September 2016, 00:29

Oh boy, here we go.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Adrmial Seraph
Posts: 400
Joined: 11 March 2016, 07:26
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 10 September 2016, 00:31

CALiGeR190 wrote:Oh boy, here we go.


We all know that you don't understand so you should restrain from commenting on things you don't comprehend, by your own admission.

User avatar
Ahzek Ahriman
Posts: 434
Joined: 15 May 2016, 12:51
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 10 September 2016, 00:33

Adrmial Seraph wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:Oh boy, here we go.


We all know that you don't understand so you should restrain from commenting on things you don't comprehend, by your own admission.


On the other hand, we all know that you whine about everything and think you're the only right one here while everyone else is wrong.

Seraph whining about something stupid for the nth time?

...this is the moment when I should pretend I'm shocked.

But right now I'm honestly surprised you could pull out such marvellously retarded reasoning. "Screw with my tempo". Yeah, I'm sure he did that with the sole purpose of getting your finger muscles to cool down.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Adrmial Seraph
Posts: 400
Joined: 11 March 2016, 07:26
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 10 September 2016, 00:39

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Adrmial Seraph wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:Oh boy, here we go.


We all know that you don't understand so you should restrain from commenting on things you don't comprehend, by your own admission.


On the other hand, we all know that you whine about everything and think you're the only one right here while everyone else is wrong.

Seraph whining about something stupid for the nth time?

...this is the moment when I should pretend I'm shocked.


I think people in general are dumb panicky animals who try to guard those they perceive as valuable to the group.

This phenomena is called mind guard and is a key component to group-think.
Like for example, rather than actually use logic you're dismissing out of hand. Instead of addressing the issue you attack me. You know why?

Because you value being part of the group and certain members are beyond reproach for crappy opinions, therefore your self imposed place in this instance is being a mind guard.

I don't give two damns about the group, I'm about objectivity. So when you go on about how I think I'm right, it's not that. It's that people have yet to prove me wrong in most cases and use weak reasoning to back up their cases.

Now that we have that nonsense out of the way, lets get back on topic. Abusing tac cog to specifically bm and grief is becoming a trend in beta again.

Also, fyi because you're painting a pretty dumb picture: I've complained about a total of 3 things.

MoT, which is overpowered. I'm not gonna argue with you on it, if you can't see how a fleet that is never revealed (MoT, Disruptor, Stasis) and is tanky enough to withstand multiple mistakes is unfair...then you have no business talking design or balance.

Ork nova spam, which I specifically stated was a design issue due to the HUGE component of RNG to balance 7 of the things+belt armor offsetting the 1st time your prow blows up. It has nothing to do with balance.

Tac cog abuse (not use, ABUSE, as in using it to troll and grief).
Last edited by Adrmial Seraph on 10 September 2016, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

Adrmial Seraph
Posts: 400
Joined: 11 March 2016, 07:26
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 10 September 2016, 00:46

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Adrmial Seraph wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:Oh boy, here we go.


We all know that you don't understand so you should restrain from commenting on things you don't comprehend, by your own admission.


But right now I'm honestly surprised you could pull out such marvellously retarded reasoning. "Screw with my tempo". Yeah, I'm sure he did that with the sole purpose of getting your finger muscles to cool down.


Lets look at sc2 for a moment here, there's a reason why in tournaments the casters tend to talk about how pausing or otherwise elongating processes screws with the momentum players have generated.

It's only "retarded" because frankly, I'm probably smarter than you. I consider more things, faster than you do including outside the game factors such as tempo interruptions. I'd explain more but you've made up your mind and I don't really like you enough to explain basic logic and reasoning.

There's a pretty simple fix for this which appeases both crowds.

Reduce tac cog to 15 second intervals. You have your full 60 seconds still but can only activate tac cog for 15 seconds at a time, then you have to wait another 15 seconds before it can be used again for a total of 4 times.

This prevents spamming it to grief/bm unless you're so dedicated you'll be doing it for 2 minutes, babysitting the process. no more alt+tabbing out in tac cog, no more getting a coffee with tac cog on, etc, etc.

User avatar
Ahzek Ahriman
Posts: 434
Joined: 15 May 2016, 12:51
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 10 September 2016, 01:03

Adrmial Seraph wrote:This phenomena is called mind guard and is a key component to group-think.
Like for example, rather than actually use logic you're dismissing out of hand. Instead of addressing the issue you attack me. You know why?


I like this line the best. Last time when I presented you logical arguments you kept dismissing them with but a single argument: "I am smarter, I see variables. You stupid, you no see variables". You even went as far as to try proving me wrong with maths... only to be proven you can't even calculate properly. But you still you kept arguing, dismissing logical arguments (ofc accusing others of doing so), and only stopped clinging to your bs claims after several people shoved some actual, correct maths as well as evidence from practical game that you were not in fact as correct as you thought you were.

You find something you don't like in one or 2 games and you immediately come here and cry, at the same time trying to sound smart, calling others stupid and hypocritically dismissing others' arguments while accusing everyone of that very same thing. Also, your arrogant attitude speaks volumes of the value of your "logic".

People like you are pathetic. But please do try to come up with some more out-of-ass science, it's amusing really.
Adrmial Seraph wrote:Like for example, rather than actually use logic you're dismissing out of hand. Instead of addressing the issue you attack me.


Funny coming from someone who's the first one to offend others.

P.S.
The idea about longer intervals between tac cogs is actually good and I support it. See? Why not present an idea right off the bat instead of starting with pointless whining like
Adrmial Seraph wrote:This is why a lot of us didn't want tac cog in multiplayer.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Adrmial Seraph
Posts: 400
Joined: 11 March 2016, 07:26
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 10 September 2016, 01:29

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Adrmial Seraph wrote:This phenomena is called mind guard and is a key component to group-think.
Like for example, rather than actually use logic you're dismissing out of hand. Instead of addressing the issue you attack me. You know why?


I like this line the best. Last time when I presented you logical arguments you kept dismissing them with but a single argument: "I am smarter, I see variables. You stupid, you no see variables". You even went as far as to try proving me wrong with maths... only to be proven you can't even calculate properly. But you still you kept arguing, dismissing logical arguments (ofc accusing others of doing so), and only stopped clinging to your bs claims after several people shoved some actual, correct maths as well as evidence from practical game that you were not in fact as correct as you thought you were.


Frankly, it's true. You've aptly demonstrated that I AM smarter than you. For the one thing you got right that I got wrong (I used the wrong numbers to calc) I had several things you had glossed over - even after calling you on it 3 or 4 times over multiple pages. Would you like me to grab some quotes?

That crap only works on people who are stupid or get flustered when dealing with conflict, same with trying to call someone out in a different thread that's 100% unrelated to the other one. That's you trying to be "smart" by getting other users to agree with you due to some weird insecurity you've developed over our dealings.

If you want to go down this name shaming road I will BURY you.

You find something you don't like in one or 2 games and you immediately come here and cry, at the same time trying to sound smart, calling others stupid and hypocritically dismissing others' arguments while accusing everyone of that very same thing. Also, your arrogant attitude speaks volumes of the value of your "logic".


See, for starters how would you even know this? You've never asked me if this happens frequently. Second, I'm calling you stupid because you are.

I mean we have

baseless assumptions without ANY verification before or after.
(Un)nprovoked ad hominem attacks.
Referencing other incidents to name shame in threads that have nothing to do with them.
Refusal to discuss in actual terms what the OP brings up.
And then complete arrogance about the whole scenario when someone nails the analysis of what you're doing in order to stop you from derailing the thread even further.

And this isn't over the course of a week or two, we're talking MONTHS of this behavior. So the only logical conclusions to make is

So we have 1 of 2 conclusions to make here.

You're either an Ork using Orky logic or you may be lacking in some way when it comes to dealing with people who are, indeed, smarter than you.


People like you are pathetic. But please do try to come up with some more out-of-ass science, it's amusing really.
Adrmial Seraph wrote:Like for example, rather than actually use logic you're dismissing out of hand. Instead of addressing the issue you attack me.


Funny coming from someone who's the first one to offend others.


I'm sorry about your feelings, would you like a tissue so you can stop the massive ad hominem attacks? Just in case you missed it...that was sarcasm. 3 syllables in case you didn't know that, Greenskin!

P.S.
The idea about longer intervals between tac cogs is actually good and I support it. See? Why not present an idea right off the bat instead of starting with pointless whining like
Adrmial Seraph wrote:This is why a lot of us didn't want tac cog in multiplayer.


So because I brought up a valid point instead of immediately having a solution it's whining?
Are you kidding me? So I guess all those poor politicians in the US bringing up the lack of maintenance for their infrastructure without a solution are whining too!

This is why I keep calling you stupid, this is stupid person logic!

User avatar
Ahzek Ahriman
Posts: 434
Joined: 15 May 2016, 12:51
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 10 September 2016, 01:53

The only one getting buried here, is yourself.

Your narcissism and arrogance are blinding to the point where taking anything you claim seriously is shameful onto itself. I would try to argue further but you've already proven that you don't acknowledge the possibility of your own assumptions and view of the game not being actually correct and therefore, any attempts at making a logical, argumentative conversation with you is pointless cause.

But keep it coming, just be careful not to overheat your brain with all those attempts at using your "logic".
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Adrmial Seraph
Posts: 400
Joined: 11 March 2016, 07:26
Contact:

Re: Tac Cog bmers

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 10 September 2016, 02:06

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:The only one getting buried here, is yourself.


Is that a invitation to start digging through your posts and making you look bad? You're far more active than I am and you've gotten threads locked in the past. The only times I end up in this situation is when you antagonize me and I give you what you asked for.

Your narcissism and arrogance are blinding to the point where taking anything you claim seriously is shameful onto itself.


So let me get this straight, you think that because I'm arrogant that everything I say should be dismissed?
That's more stupid person logic. If the world did what you suggest here Mr. Edison wouldn't have given us a bunch of different inventions. That's just one example of an arrogant ass being right. As for narcissism, do you even know what that word means? I am pretty far from being narcissistic which you're confusing for being an asshole when you know you're right.

I would try to argue further but you've already proven that you don't acknowledge the possibility of your own assumptions and view of the game not being actually correct and therefore, any attempts at making a logical, argumentative conversation with you is pointless cause.


Actually, I've already said once before, in the thread you provoked me in initially that I could be wrong. I'm not infallible. See, these are those stupid assumptions I keep going on about and this is why you sir, are stupid.

But keep it coming, just be careful not to overheat your brain with all those attempts at using your "logic".


I've got a game we can play! You can keep making inflammatory remarks that when actually considered have very little basis in reality and actually rely on a lot of (false) assumptions, then I can go through your remarks, point out those assumptions and how they contradict what happens in the real world so you can ignore what I've pointed out and do it all over again!

You sir are definitely, definitely stupid, just like i'm definitely, definitely an ass. Posting habits show both of these are pretty clear.

P.S. don't bother responding, you're blocked. If I'm going to interact with a mouth breather, I better be getting paid for it, which I'm not.


Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests