Making Orks viable

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Bludfist

Re: Making Orks viable

Postby Bludfist » 14 September 2016, 17:02

Ashardalon wrote:i wish the hull point upgrade was brought back for orks
as a ramming faction is how orks have been and always will be the most balanced
but since that upgrade was removed they lost their only way of increasing ramming damage
in exchange for a weirdboy tower or slightly better gunz? i would prefer the HP

never had the speed bug happen to me, and i have been playing orks a lot lately, you sure your engines didnt just blow?
but from modding i know good enough that every pc has its own favorite bugs

a ramming faction?

ork ramming needs atleast one mandatory favor in order to work

you cant have a faction or playstlye that requires one mandatory favor
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 14 September 2016, 17:21

not saying it will solve everything, just saying it would really help my favorite playstyle
traktors would also benefit since they are technically also a ramming favor, so thats half the ork favors
it is a ork build that works reasonably well that got kinda nerfed by the removal of that upgrade and i would like it back
giving orks a ramming edge again since it got removed from everyone
giving goff orks some security when ramming other similar class ships, a +30 damage on a good ram is not nothing

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 14 September 2016, 23:42

Ork are viable. Though they have to do the cheapest, dumbest strategy that relies on RNJesus not hating you to be viable...Nova+torpedo spam with belt armor and heavy kannonz on the side.

Unless RNJesus hates you, by time the enemy gets into range of your artillery line they'll be half dead and ez pickins'. It's also extremely low skill, the most micro intensive bits are tab clicking torpedoes and turning on autocast for nova kannonz when appropriate.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 15 September 2016, 07:31

Adrmial Seraph wrote:Ork are viable. Though they have to do the cheapest, dumbest strategy that relies on RNJesus not hating you to be viable...Nova+torpedo spam with belt armor and heavy kannonz on the side.

Unless RNJesus hates you, by time the enemy gets into range of your artillery line they'll be half dead and ez pickins'. It's also extremely low skill, the most micro intensive bits are tab clicking torpedoes and turning on autocast for nova kannonz when appropriate.

This.

I was talking with an ork player last night and I told him orks are the only race I don't like fighting due to the above.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 15 September 2016, 11:44

i thought this tread was about suggestions for making orks viable without all that cheezy crap?
i play goff orks and while i need to rely on assault boats so still very RNG i am getting a 60ish % winrate
nova spamming cheezy bastards is not the only option for orks
and hearing that some people actually prefer fighting eldar over orks really highlights that something needs to be done

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 15 September 2016, 19:35

Bosie wrote:
Adrmial Seraph wrote:Ork are viable. Though they have to do the cheapest, dumbest strategy that relies on RNJesus not hating you to be viable...Nova+torpedo spam with belt armor and heavy kannonz on the side.

This.

I was talking with an ork player last night and I told him orks are the only race I don't like fighting due to the above.

I'd rather vs Ork nova spam than Chaos Slaanesh spam any day of the week. You can Running Silent to get close to the Ork position and then warp jump the last tiny bit into a corner of the Ork line.

Slaanesh spamming Chaos remove half your ships functionality (it's basically the new taunt and it's overpowered as hell), then they infinite kite you from 4 different directions until you rage, capitulate or end process.

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 13 October 2016, 03:19

Just posting to resurrect this thread, it's important and it needs to be seen.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”