What do you think about maybe side factions ? Maybe as DLC ?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
McNash

Re: What do you think about maybe side factions ? Maybe as DLC ?

Postby McNash » 02 January 2017, 21:13

Adding a captcha to the forums would be a great feature for the game :roll:

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 03 January 2017, 01:33

Well so make this faction just in Cruiser Clash and always the attacker.

that would make even less informed noobs
i have had to explain that in assassination missions the target cant run silent as is, giving them an entire faction that just doent do these missions will give them a deceptive kind of informednes
and it would mean that this faction couldnt fight itself meaning more noobstomping by lvl10 fleets
and still it wouldnt solve the problem of this faction in the hands of a experienced player :shock: old pulsar death will seem like nothing
and a pure lance fleet like you suggest especially if it is built to brawl vs SM
and with that speed you cant even warp out before they kill you
speed is a stat you cant mess with like the others, it will F things up

StarSauron
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby StarSauron » 05 January 2017, 18:25

Ashardalon wrote:

that would make even less informed noobs
i have had to explain that in assassination missions the target cant run silent as is, giving them an entire faction that just doent do these missions will give them a deceptive kind of informednes
and it would mean that this faction couldnt fight itself meaning more noobstomping by lvl10 fleets
and still it wouldnt solve the problem of this faction in the hands of a experienced player :shock: old pulsar death will seem like nothing
and a pure lance fleet like you suggest especially if it is built to brawl vs SM

------------------------------------------------------------------
I am pretty sure at certain point they will learn how to handle such easier to play faction.

Right now the Noob faction is actually Orcs , simply by their size of the fleet, but even there they can capture Eldar.
Right now we have this: Level 8 admirals get 100 points less if vs lower levels.
So you get beaten up by Higher level ships or by lower levels who have more points.

As Orc, Good Eldar player and Chaos it's not an issue,
but by other factions you see the disadvantage for you too obvious.
Most hated point by the game are the Eldar, they are too far away to even hit them.
Speed is OK as Long its used to fight the enemy, not to run away from him.

I personally don't see like the developer could rework the Eldar for good.
They ended up overpowered or too brittle to use at all.

Of Course, we have the lore, but for the sake of gameplay there must compromises be done.
"Catch me if you can" is not a nice design if you can't catch him.

Our fast factions ended up as 15000 Lances run away and sneaky pulsars.
Others 4 are slowly moving ahead vs each other.

The Upcoming faction if ever would be Tyranids, then Necrons ,perhaps dark eldar.But it will take time.
So making a new Subfaction Faction that does fix issues for players right now sound like a good solution?
Ashardalon wrote:

We have already this issue by the Eldar. I still hope we get a rework for the Eldar.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 06 January 2017, 03:31

The Upcoming faction if ever would be Tyranids, then Necrons ,perhaps dark eldar.But it will take time.
So making a new Subfaction Faction that does fix issues for players right now sound like a good solution?

i just dont like the idea of adding just to add, they have done a great job making every faction have its own uniqueness especially with how this makes a lot of balance difficulties and keeping it lorefriendly
and i just dont think it will help, since every faction needs its own playstyle, i admit it might work but its also likely to cause people to never abandon that faction and never play the rest
like i said, get that faction to lvl8 then block it off, you cant have something like that in experienced hands, there is very little you can do to counter it, but im also not really against adding it
except for their speed, maybe 230for LC's and 210 for C's, the same idea but just less excessive, still enough to catch chaos and eldar but not enough to be hell itself
far too few people play the campaign, its a great tutorial, and imps are a great allround faction to learn a little about every playstyle
but hell i have been playing this daily since beta so i might just be out of touch with noobs
We have already this issue by the Eldar. I still hope we get a rework for the Eldar.

yea, which is why i dont want a second faction like that
just imagine the trolls :shock: there is no better way to scare off new players

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”