capitulation punishment in ranked?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
JorpA

Re: capitulation punishment in ranked?

Postby JorpA » 16 August 2016, 07:29

Imperator5 wrote:
Bosie wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:That's a really weird implemenetation, but gladly I'm not a pvp guy so this does not effect me.

Yet you jump into PvP threads to give your opinion on how things should work...

Come play some PvP, you may enjoy it, and it will make your opinions on what to do with PvP relevant.

I'm giving game design perspective advice based on how things worked in other games, that were successful in pvp and (sometimes) pve. Plus I comment on every thread.

Ranked games in most of these systems worked on a win ratio, the rpg element in it is a BFGA thing. Now we got 2 PVP types and both got RPG elements mixed in. Which kind of makes me wonder why not make an RPG PVP and a non RPG version, but eh, any chance of implementing different PVP (or PVE) versions is long gone.

Ranked mode has no rpg elements... You cant grind there its just BO3 match with your fleet against other guys fleet and see whos best at building fleet and controlling it. If you lose ships in first round then they are lost for that match. Like i have told you on other threads. Dont comment on things you have no idea about.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 16 August 2016, 22:27

JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Bosie wrote:
Yet you jump into PvP threads to give your opinion on how things should work...

Come play some PvP, you may enjoy it, and it will make your opinions on what to do with PvP relevant.

I'm giving game design perspective advice based on how things worked in other games, that were successful in pvp and (sometimes) pve. Plus I comment on every thread.

Ranked games in most of these systems worked on a win ratio, the rpg element in it is a BFGA thing. Now we got 2 PVP types and both got RPG elements mixed in. Which kind of makes me wonder why not make an RPG PVP and a non RPG version, but eh, any chance of implementing different PVP (or PVE) versions is long gone.

Ranked mode has no rpg elements... You cant grind there its just BO3 match with your fleet against other guys fleet and see whos best at building fleet and controlling it. If you lose ships in first round then they are lost for that match. Like i have told you on other threads. Dont comment on things you have no idea about.

Like I give any value on your opinion or follow your orders. Hah. Still that is a very odd design decision.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 17 August 2016, 06:46

Yeah it's an exploit and awaits fixes.

Honestly quite surprised the devs overlooked this.

JorpA

Postby JorpA » 18 August 2016, 09:07

Imperator5 wrote:
JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

Like I give any value on your opinion or follow your orders. Hah. Still that is a very odd design decision.

My opinion... where did you see any opinion about anything? You truly are strange kind a besserwisser. Its common sense for ppl not to comment on things they dont know anything about. And its not odd decision its good design that forces players to make macro level decisions. Something you probably dont understand as PvE player who likes to comment on stuff you don't know anything about.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 18 August 2016, 09:09

JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
JorpA wrote:

My opinion... where did you see any opinion about anything? You truly are strange kind a besserwisser. Its common sense for ppl not to comment on things they dont know anything about. And its not odd decision its good design that forces players to make macro level decisions. Something you probably dont understand as PvE player who likes to comment on stuff you don't know anything about.

Everything you type here is your own personal opinion unless you quote something like an article or unit statistic.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

JorpA

Postby JorpA » 18 August 2016, 09:22

Imperator5 wrote:
JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

Everything you type here is your own personal opinion unless you quote something like an article or unit statistic.

Wow what? i described to you how ranked works and now its my opinion??? Wake up man from you deluded dream. Its not an opinion its a fact go try it yourself and see. At the last post i made an opinion about if the BO3 system is odd or good. But at the first post i made no opinion about anything learn the difference.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 18 August 2016, 09:35

JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
JorpA wrote:

Wow what? i described to you how ranked works and now its my opinion??? Wake up man from you deluded dream. Its not an opinion its a fact go try it yourself and see. At the last post i made an opinion about if the BO3 system is odd or good. But at the first post i made no opinion about anything learn the difference.

You need some salt with that ego? What you think is good or bad or appropriate or not is your opinion. Very few game mechanics can be considered good or bad from an objective standpoint, though they do exist.

JorpA

Postby JorpA » 18 August 2016, 09:54

Imperator5 wrote:
JorpA wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

You need some salt with that ego? What you think is good or bad or appropriate or not is your opinion. Very few game mechanics can be considered good or bad from an objective standpoint, though they do exist.

You should not talk about ego to anyone or at least take a peek on a mirror befor doing so. Allso reading clearly is not you strong point since as i clearly typed there was no opinion about anything on my FIRST post and as i stated there was an opinion on my second post. Yet you answer to my first post that you don't care about my opinion...

So to say you don't care what anyone tells you even if it is a fact since you are allways right at everything and best at everything all others are just poor peasants. And you of all ppl judge others ego. Yeah go on this mindset will take you far.

Rolepgeek

Postby Rolepgeek » 18 August 2016, 20:45

For Emp's sake both of you need to knock off the ego competition. Neither of you cares about the other one's opinion. We get it. Cool, whatever, you've successfully proven how independent minded and witty and so on you are. Can you stop dragging the thread off topic with squabbles about this now?

Golden Throne, people.

Anyway. The continuity for the Bo3 adds another layer of strategic decision making to the game, Imperator. It's odd, yes, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Actual commanders would need to make similar decisions. Being able to capitulate and instantly get out and keep your ships to fight again is a pretty sleazy tactic to get around that level of gameplay. That's the issue in question. And given that it's called capitulation, which is a form of surrender, not retreat...

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 18 August 2016, 21:14

Rolepgeek wrote: Being able to capitulate and instantly get out and keep your ships to fight again is a pretty sleazy tactic to get around that level of gameplay. That's the issue in question. And given that it's called capitulation, which is a form of surrender, not retreat...

This is the issue. I can burn a couple of ships to take down a Space Marine BB, and just as it's about to go... he hits the button. The ship survives for the next game, mine don't. If you capitulate, all your ships on the field should be considered as captured and not usable until you queue up for another ranked game.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”