capitulation punishment in ranked?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Ashardalon

capitulation punishment in ranked?

Postby Ashardalon » 13 August 2016, 01:05

i get why capitulation doesnt punish you in freeplay, that would be a bit cruel
but in ranked it gets cheesed, its a free instant warpout
i had a match vs a great SM player today (not offence to you btw those were great games), he actually cornered my Tzeensh fleet long enough to beacon me so i decided that the match was lost but his BB was going to die i focused fire used disruption brace and everything else i had and somehow i was keeping my styx alive long enough to actually make me think i had a chance of winning
i was gonna kill that giant blob of torpedospamming armor... and then he capitulated
that ship should have been dead, i was keeping my boarding in reserve and my hellbringers at 8k with plenty of boost
he was not getting away, it should have been dead

since a crash or disconnect loses you the entire competition anyway i dont see why a capitulate would be free

Mirorog

Re: capitulation punishment in ranked?

Postby Mirorog » 13 August 2016, 09:43

Ashardalon wrote:i get why capitulation doesnt punish you in freeplay, that would be a bit cruel
but in ranked it gets cheesed, its a free instant warpout
i had a match vs a great SM player today (not offence to you btw those were great games), he actually cornered my Tzeensh fleet long enough to beacon me so i decided that the match was lost but his BB was going to die i focused fire used disruption brace and everything else i had and somehow i was keeping my styx alive long enough to actually make me think i had a chance of winning
i was gonna kill that giant blob of torpedospamming armor... and then he capitulated
that ship should have been dead, i was keeping my boarding in reserve and my hellbringers at 8k with plenty of boost
he was not getting away, it should have been dead

since a crash or disconnect loses you the entire competition anyway i dont see why a capitulate would be free

I think capitulation in ranked should be fleet-wide warp-out order.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 13 August 2016, 11:07

In normal games capitulation has a 45% for "lost in the warp" unless they changed it
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 13 August 2016, 11:17

Sagranda wrote:In normal games capitulation has a 45% for "lost in the warp" unless they changed it

still that warpout is instant, no chance to board and pin a single ship down and kill it no final seconds to get it critically damaged
disengaging and warping out is a part of the game
a part he made really obvious when the next mission was assassination, between boarding, assault boats and boarding torpedoes there was no getting away :D he really knew how to play that mission
i think i tried 4 times

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 14 August 2016, 00:48

Yeah should probably be a fleet wide warp out order instead of a instant disconnect.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 August 2016, 04:22

I do not think loosing should have any penalties at all, beside not getting a reward.

If your opponent capitulates that should count as a win.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 14 August 2016, 07:29

Imperator5 wrote:I do not think loosing should have any penalties at all, beside not getting a reward.

do you mean, if you capitulate you lose the full BO3, or just the match?

in skirmish or freeplay i understand that opinion but in ranked its a uncounterable warpout and since SM and eldar have as one of their weaknesses but also strengths these expensive and deadly ships being able to cheese save it instead of having to disengage and warpout while being covered by the rest of your fleet removes a lot of the counters to those factions

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 14 August 2016, 09:15

Imperator5 wrote:I do not think loosing should have any penalties at all, beside not getting a reward.

We're talking about the impact in a best of three game. By hitting that capitulation button their entire fleet just insta warps off the map. This means they have those ships for the next game, whereas if they had to warp off normally you would have the chance to kill or cripple them, meaning they would not have them for the next game. This breaks the narrative of the three games. There is no experience points or renown to be rewarded with, they are rewarded with having their entire fleet taken off the board instantly.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 14 August 2016, 15:36

Should not the whole fleet be always available in ranked? I mean, was not taking away the rpg parts the whole point in it?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 14 August 2016, 17:25

Imperator5 wrote:Should not the whole fleet be always available in ranked? I mean, was not taking away the rpg parts the whole point in it?

wouldnt that remove the purpose of the BO3 thing, the navigator, and the chance to have a fair fight against two fully leveled BB's??
i love the macro game that you play in between the matches, its interesting and ads a lot of depth to the value of certain ships and makes a partial victory possible in dire situations
the capitulate button works a lot like SM plot armor
turning all chapters into smurfs, nobody wants more smurfs

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”