Ork traktor needs a nerf

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
NickEcho

Ork traktor needs a nerf

Postby NickEcho » 09 August 2016, 10:58

60 seconds cool down(52 with the crew members) is way too low for the unmatched utility it brings. Push the enemy ships in front if the big red button charge, or smash enemy ships together, or in front of the torpedo barrage the enemy is trying to dodge, or close enough to mass board them. Combine that with the under priced ork ships (who else can bring 3 cruisers in 350 point match, or 3 light cruisers in 300, 1v1s are not worth mentioning), and it gets out of control really fast. Something needs to be done.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Re: Ork traktor needs a nerf

Postby CALiGeR190 » 09 August 2016, 11:04

NickEcho wrote:60 seconds cool down(52 with the crew members) is way too low for the unmatched utility it brings. Push the enemy ships in front if the big red button charge, or smash enemy ships together, or in front of the torpedo barrage the enemy is trying to dodge, or close enough to mass board them. Combine that with the under priced ork ships (who else can bring 3 cruisers in 350 point match, or 3 light cruisers in 300, 1v1s are not worth mentioning), and it gets out of control really fast. Something needs to be done.

The Traktor isn't really OP.
Annoying and potentially extremely damaging, but it hasn't really been massively OP since the removal of taunt.

It is extremely powerful and, if massed in a dedicated fleet build, can be OP if the Ork in question has Mega Cannons with stacked crit.
But in the general sense, I wouldn't say it is overpowered.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 09 August 2016, 11:12

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Annoying and potentially extremely damaging, but it hasn't really been massively OP since the removal of taunt.

It is extremely powerful and, if massed in a dedicated fleet build, can be OP if the Ork in question has Mega Cannons with stacked crit.
But in the general sense, I wouldn't say it is overpowered.

I think the same.
Nasty, yes, but OP like Taunt? - I don't think so.
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 09 August 2016, 11:46

:/ dont get spotted at 7k in the front arc of orks
i try to keep orks at 11k, they will try and close every now and then but shouldnt get closer than 9k
it takes several ships to totally traktor a ship to death
while it is very deadly, pulling a ship back and mobbing it,piling everything on one and killing it, it feels orky
my main issue with orks is that there is no counter to their lances, a chaos lance fleet if you hide before the second volley does nothing, same for imps, eldar are weird but have their own lance drawbacks
meanwhile ork lances have a very high crit combined with voids not doing anything, meaning a high chance of losing a ship the moment it gets spotted, even with lower damage if you lose your deck there is no hiding and the map isnt big enough to stay more than 15k away from orks at all times, lose an engine and you are just dead
would love to see the zapps turned into minitraktors having a guaranteed slow but no voidpierce, that way you would have to burn true your boost to get away giving a chance for orks to catch

they still need some tweeking, and will probably be the hardest race to balance until the nids arrive but traktors are not the OP thing at the moment

hellraiz0r

Postby hellraiz0r » 09 August 2016, 12:35

it should be a unique favor like the SM ones. Zap spam is no fun to fight against

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 09 August 2016, 13:38

hellraiz0r wrote:it should be a unique favor like the SM ones. Zap spam is no fun to fight against

And at the same time it's no fun for orks to chase my carrier fleet with no results. Better for them to have some weapons against kiting.

This favour is not really popular in ranked anyway.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 09 August 2016, 14:28

As annoying as it is for those who play against it, it's the case of I HATE IT, NURF IT! approach.
It may be really nasty, but at least not cancer zzzap 12k orkz nasty. Ever since the taunt got removed it's far from OP because it's much more difficult to land tractor + charge/torpedo combo.

There are issues with the game currently and tractor beams are not even remotely among them.
The sentence below is true
The sentence above is false

hellraiz0r

Postby hellraiz0r » 09 August 2016, 15:18

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:There are issues with the game currently and tractor beams are not even remotely among them.

i must disagree at this line. Ork Zap spam + cheap ships + most hull of all races + bombers and so on makes it balancewise op compared , for instance with the space marines. they are in almost any manner inferior to must other races, while ork are pretty stronk against any other race.

hellraiz0r

Postby hellraiz0r » 09 August 2016, 15:42

Zeblasky wrote:
hellraiz0r wrote:it should be a unique favor like the SM ones. Zap spam is no fun to fight against

And at the same time it's no fun for orks to chase my carrier fleet with no results. Better for them to have some weapons against kiting.

This favour is not really popular in ranked anyway.

the ranked mode isn't interesting for me at the moment either and besides that i don't think it was a good idea to split the already very low player base with another game mode. This is just increasing searchtimes for the 2v2 mode, that i play most of the time. It's more fun for me to get games qickly to play together with my friends than getting ranked high playing alone.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 09 August 2016, 15:51

hellraiz0r wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:There are issues with the game currently and tractor beams are not even remotely among them.

i must disagree at this line. Ork Zap spam + cheap ships + most hull of all races + bombers and so on makes it balancewise op compared , for instance with the space marines. they are in almost any manner inferior to must other races, while ork are pretty stronk against any other race.

What's with you people, recently I encounter so many people who have problems with comprehensive reading it's not funny.
No offense but what is wrong with this particular line of mine that you disagree? You give your arguments for something totally different (which by the way I agree with).
I said there are issues with the game, which include issues with orkz, just that tractors are not the problematic ones at the moment. Other things like bombers and cheapness should most certainly be readjusted, with traktors being left out as ork counter to their supposed range/speed inferiority.

Zzzaps have been nerfed though I'd still readjust them a bit into becoming more supportive weapon that doesn't need any upgrades to do its job. Orkz should have their ships returned to their old point cost, before Tindalos' cr*ppy attempt at buffing them after ork fans cried when they lost AP ammo.
The sentence below is true
The sentence above is false

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”