early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Beernchips

Re: early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby Beernchips » 21 April 2016, 09:37

I dont get how this is even a point to discuss?

Keys are generated by the company,

keys generated before date x include the pre purchase benefits, keys generated after date x do not.

ANY key bought before date x, will auto include the fleets.

because(!) no matter where ou bought your key, those companys bought them themself from tindalos in one way or another (official shop or steam) to re sell them.

Its not like you get an Bonus key for the pre purchase stuff, you just get ONE key.

Whats likely is, that if you bought from certain "grey market" sites, that your key might get marked for termination, as it could be bought with fraudulent payment methods, but then, if you use such sellers, your problem.

Oh and maybe! you could run into trouble, if you buy Keys from a seller which is NOT supposed to sell those keys in the first place, AND you run to the officiall forum and complain about it ;)

A simple thing to consider:

Sale Dates, retailers, and all such agreements, are made to ensure all partys a certain price level (34,95 for example), so everybody
knows what he will earn per sale, if now unaothorised third partys start to sell at lower prices, people buy there instead of the official seller, but, steam for ex. wants something for hosting the game, and taking care of a lot of back end work for tindalos, if steam does not earn enough money, because a third party grabs the sells, steam might consider to not work any longer with tindalos, and in the end, WE as customers are screwed.

It dont work like that.
2 shops can sell the same product but at different prices / with different gifts because they had different agreement with the company which produced.

Nothing tells you that Steam sold the keys to GMG with the explicit mention : no early adopter status and Steam marked those keys in his database so that early adopter is blocked.
You don t have access to the contract between all those companies so you can t point out which one is at fault.
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf » 21 April 2016, 09:37

I would suggest all people now wondering if they get the additional DLCs or not should contact the support of their retailers, not the forum of the game.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god is what started this mess in the first place..." Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Purging the bugs you'll never know!

Levandor

Postby Levandor » 21 April 2016, 09:39

Beernchips wrote:
It dont work like that.
2 shops can sell the same product but at different prices / with different gifts because they had different agreement with the company which produced.

Nothing tells you that Steam sold the keys to GMG with the explicit mention : no early adopter status and Steam marked those keys in his database so that early adopter is blocked.
You don t have access to the contract between all those companies so you can t point out which one is at fault.

true and in that case, those stores are OFFICIAL resellers still, which gmg is not

milkshaker

Postby milkshaker » 21 April 2016, 09:44

Netheos wrote:Update: Added Gamesplanet in the official retailers for the Early Adopter Edition in my initial post, as well as the potential physical copies

Netheos wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry if you missed the info but the only shops to get the Early Adopter Edition (Space Marine fleet + an additional faction yet to be unveiled for free if you buy until 2 months after launch) are the Official Store, Steam and Gamesplanet.

The potential physical copies of the game are also Early Adopter Editions.

Compiling a list now will not help people who already bought the game at retailers. I don't understand why this couldn't be made clear from the start.

If this was clear from the start, a lot of people's purchasing would have been at other vendors, I expect.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 21 April 2016, 09:44

Beernchips wrote:Nothing tells you that Steam sold the keys to GMG with the explicit mention : no early adopter status and Steam marked those keys in his database so that early adopter is blocked.

The fact that GMG didn't put the early adopter reward, but only the beta access, in its description, not even the picture of it, is a pretty good indicator for it though.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

omikronos

Postby omikronos » 21 April 2016, 10:41

tERRIK wrote:
omikronos wrote:@miffed: you made an account just to accuse the developers of lying? how cute :P
If you like the game, enjoy it, and want the preoder incentives then go ahead and buy it off Steam, or their
official website, otherwise stop acting like a child that you don't get the same incentives on GmG because you want to buy
from them as it is exactly 1.69 Euros cheaper. :ugeek:
Have a nice evening.

The point is it was never clear. If you pre-order, you pre-order. A steam key is a steam key. I'll bet you had it been made clear from the start that bonuses would ONLY be available from CERTAIN sites, then people would have made their choices accordingly. Don't be shocked if hordes of angry people start showing up and negative feedback starts appearing because "Surprise!" you don't get to be an early adopter, despite pre-ordering weeks ago, and most vendors, unlike steam itself, will not allow refunds to let players purchase it directly through the steam store itself. It's bad publicity that's simply not worth it.

The fact of the matter is the stores/websites that offered the preorder bonus had it written in Black on White that they offered the bonus. The fact is that people ASSUMED that every store offered the bonus, and they went ahead and bought the game off the cheapest bulk selling store they could find and ASSUMED that buying the game a couple of bucks cheaper would also get the the bonus, even though those bulk stores never said they would give the bonus too.

When you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME. You are not entitled to get a product for free, or dirt cheap, if you like the game pay the developers for their work, otherwise get something that you can afford. :geek:

Have a nice day!

Sleep

Postby Sleep » 21 April 2016, 10:51

Fuck this I just wanted to support the game while being broke.

Necroledo

Postby Necroledo » 21 April 2016, 10:58

Sleep wrote:Fuck this I just wanted to support the game while being broke.

You could have waited until you had saved enough. The Early Adopters status is obtained within 2 months after release, too. Contact gmg support and explain the problem. Maybe they can refund you the purchase...

Azanthriel

Postby Azanthriel » 21 April 2016, 11:00

Well I learned my lessons. To save what $4+ I loss the free DLC. :(
This is the first game I ever per-purchased and I thought all us who supported the game before release would qualify. But we don't. I do understand how the game editions may be different from store to store. But I did not think it would include per-released since I bought from Bundle Stars and it specifically says it is a per-release edition (but not the edition I wanted I learned.) :oops:

It is official from my game store:
Steve Bagnall (BundleStars Customer Service Area)

Apr 21, 09:31

We are sorry but Battlefleet Gothic Armada from our website does NOT contain the pre-order bonuses which a Steam store purchase offers.

I just wished the Steam Store and trailers were more specific on where this had to be purchased (I did not know this site existed until now. I just read Steam and the e-mail adverts [which I only recv. from third party stores]). I will go back to my old method of buying games wait until its at a minimum 1 year after release and its popular so 50-60% discount or died and single player fun for 80-90% discount. :(

omikronos

Postby omikronos » 21 April 2016, 11:10

All of this drama would have been avoided if when you bought the game from a certain website you had asked them
"Do I get the preorder bonus with my purchase?"
It's a simple question, it takes 1 minute to write it, and send it; most of the time you get an answer within the hour.
Be proactive, look out for your interests, no one else will.
Have a great day! ;)

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”