early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Adrmial Seraph

Re: early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 01 May 2016, 03:34

Yeah, this was some pretty bad miscommunication on the publisher's part. They didn't say there were 2 different versions of the game until fairly recently.

I'd actually compare this oops to the 970 memory omittance (I refuse to call that a mistake when marketing and engineering knew what was being advertised) except benign in the sense that it didn't really change much until right around launch date, when 3rd party sellers got keys.

Frankly, the right thing to do would be to give people who bought the game via 3rd party sellers the 2 bonus races provided their purchase date pre-dates the announcement of two seperate versions. I'd imagine that pool of people is relatively small so it wouldn't kill revenue and would greatly increase positive PR.

KillerOrc

Postby KillerOrc » 07 May 2016, 21:26

Any news on this lovely subject?

PS: As I´ve written in other posts I only blame Focus for bad information and at a bad timing. I don´t blame GMG, Steam or shady sites like Amazon (Kappa).

And I don´t demand the dlc's. I love this game and will get/but them regardless even though I could get a refund from GMG since I ordered early enough :)
Orkses is neva defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin' so it don't count. If we runz for it we don't lose eva, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

I do play other factions az orkz in disguise.

Wild

Postby Wild » 07 May 2016, 22:15

KillerOrc wrote:Any news on this lovely subject?

PS: As I´ve written in other posts I only blame Focus for bad information and at a bad timing. I don´t blame GMG, Steam or shady sites like Amazon (Kappa).

And I don´t demand the dlc's. I love this game and will get/but them regardless even though I could get a refund from GMG since I ordered early enough :)

How did you manage to purchase the game on gmg and not get injured in the process?

If you can refund it on gmg, you can buy the game on gamesplanet for the same price (aka -20%) and with all the fluff https://gamesplanet.com/game/battleflee ... ey--2974-1

KillerOrc

Postby KillerOrc » 12 May 2016, 01:45

Wild wrote:
KillerOrc wrote:Any news on this lovely subject?

How did you manage to purchase the game on gmg and not get injured in the process?

If you can refund it on gmg, you can buy the game on gamesplanet for the same price (aka -20%) and with all the fluff https://gamesplanet.com/game/battleflee ... ey--2974-1

I managed to get if from GMG much cheaper (around 45-50% cheaper than from steam) because these reasons.

1) My country is in the most expensive zone, we pay up to 30-40% more than some other. And they also want me to pay in Euro's which is not my countries currency (so they cheat my on the conversion rate.

2) The steam price was 20% of I think but with the reasons above it was still A LOT OF MONEY.

3) I´m not in the most expensive zone in GMG (if they even have those) and I could pay in dollars (at that time). Many companies (Steam) tries to cheat us Europeans with showing prices in £, $ or € (Euro). And you often get cheated there believing you get a good price but you don´t because the currencies are not the same. This has happened to me several times.

4) ON GMG they had the 20% of and I also had a 25% voucher bringing the price down even further. I calculated that I saved at least 40% at bying if from GMG compared to Steam. I hate Steams system, this is bad for them and customers and business all over. But why should I go to steam and pay twice the money for the same product (Remember that at the time there "was" only one version of the key advertised and at GMG they had it in their add.

5) Even after the crappy info came out from Focus (after selling keys to resellers all over the place) and announced that only 3 places would get the DLC's for free. How can I be mad at GMG?
I don´t think they knew or understood at once, since they did change it within a few days. I as hell did not understand the first posts by Focus telling me that everyone should get the DLC's if you joined early.

6) Even if I have to pay for the DLC's I´ve still saved money on my buy from GMG. I might even get them from GMG just to spite Focus since it´s them doing this shit.
I might however buy them directly from Tindalos if it´s a smooth process. I like them and want them to get credit.

So all in all. GMG is a solid company which helps out ppl like me which Steam regularly screws with small "cheats" like changing currencies etc.

(I have over 200 games on Steam, about 80% of them are bough through steam so it´s not that I´m against them, I like their platform and most of their stuff, I just don´t like their pricing most of the time for ppl like me (Usually I get a game on my wishlist and once on sale I get it), the rest from humblebundle, GMG or sites like humblebundle.)

And GMG don´t give me shit like ppl in this thread has done or Focus has done. Just the tone ppl use in here is childish and should be in some anythinggoesandwedon´tcare forums.

This makes me sad. Because I believe that you who try to defend Focus and blame GMG likes the game, so do I. But what it all comes down to is that Focus sold keys to GMG.
But we, you and me both like Tindalos and the game and want the best for THEM. TINDALOS. We want GattleFleet Gothic: Armada to be a success for a looooong time!

We should all try to think what´s best for the game and that includes marketing, the game, sale pitches, information and Focus selling keys all over and different expensive zones on Steam. We should try to influence the people in charge to make the best game and community out there!

PS: As per usual English is not my first language so try and have patience while reading :)
Orkses is neva defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin' so it don't count. If we runz for it we don't lose eva, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

I do play other factions az orkz in disguise.

Velete

Postby Velete » 22 June 2016, 13:49

Sorry to dig so old a post up but..

I had taken a cheap digital key as my 'pre-order' was slightly annoyed that apparently meant no space marines/tau ,

But seems like its not the case : my GMG bought / steam redeemed version immediately gave me access to the DLC as purchased - a friend using a key from a certain code store is in the same boat

Recall at the time thinking it was odd that access to the beta was a bonus alongside the future DLC - im now wondering that as long as you had access to the beta through your pre-order ( even if not bought 'officially' ) , then gratz - you got the DLCs now ?

Wonder if this was always the case or some sort of move by the devs/pubs

Regardless, good news for many

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”