early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Elukka

Re: early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby Elukka » 21 April 2016, 08:06

Netheos wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry if you missed the info but the only shops to get the Early Adopter Edition (Space Marine fleet + an additional faction yet to be unveiled for free if you buy until 2 months after launch) are the Official Store and Steam.

This is not what your announcement says.

We are also thrilled to announce the beginning of pre-orders for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. In order to reward the commitment of players who will support us during the pre-order phase, and those who will join the community during the first couple of months following the game's launch, we decided to offer to these 'early adopters', for free, an additional faction - the Space Marines - which will be available to play a few weeks after launch. This additional faction will be playable in battles played in both Multiplayer modes and in skirmish against the AI. Players who pre-order the game will also receive access to the Multiplayer Beta, that will start a few weeks before the official launch.

There is no mention that it only applies to specific retailers, and beta access and the free factions are both told to be perks for pre-ordering. The news on the Steam Library page repeat the message of that announcement - that preorderers/early adopters will get the free fleets. Considering keys bought from legitimate retailers are indeed Steam keys, they will receive the same news.

Can you confirm GMG-bought Steam keys gain some preorder perks (beta access), but not others (free factions)? If this is the case, your marketing has been very misleading. I think it's clear that that the impression it's been giving is that all preorderers will get these perks, and suddenly pulling that back is frankly terrible PR.

CTCParadox

Postby CTCParadox » 21 April 2016, 08:28

Elukka wrote:There is no mention that it only applies to specific retailers, and beta access and the free factions are both told to be perks for pre-ordering. The news on the Steam Library page repeat the message of that announcement - that preorderers/early adopters will get the free fleets. Considering keys bought from legitimate retailers are indeed Steam keys, they will receive the same news.

Can you confirm GMG-bought Steam keys gain some preorder perks (beta access), but not others (free factions)? If this is the case, your marketing has been very misleading. I think it's clear that that the impression it's been giving is that all preorderers will get these perks, and suddenly pulling that back is frankly terrible PR.

Just curious but where does that quote comes from? The only place I found it was on the Steam site and a YouTube video which links the Steam page as the pre-order store.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 21 April 2016, 08:46

It is not devs fault if some sites like GMG made their advertisment to make think to buyers that it will be a normal Early Adopter edition when it was just a beta access.

Retailers are not owned by Focus nor Tindalos so if you have a problem you should go ask the retailer why he did such false advertisment.

In addition, before you bought the product did you read what was inside the product? If they didn t listed the new fleets as free inside, it is normal that you won t have them.

On the otherside, the disclaimer don t make any distinction between people who bought game in Steam and others appart the "early adopter" status so your claim is also legit
Repent, for tomorrow you die

tingeltangelflo

Postby tingeltangelflo » 21 April 2016, 08:49

You can argument exactly opposite. If you sell something special on your store, you make absolutly clear its SPECIAL for your store and its the reason people should buy it there.

Just saying "everyone who pre-orders" is clearly misleading. And Focus is a big fan of that.

CTCParadox

Postby CTCParadox » 21 April 2016, 08:55

I'll be honest that I'm not entirely sure how GMG works. Are they an authorised retailer? I haven't seen them mentioned on Focus or Tindalos' sites. They always direct to either Steam or the Official Store.

milkshaker

Postby milkshaker » 21 April 2016, 09:12

tingeltangelflo wrote:You can argument exactly opposite. If you sell something special on your store, you make absolutly clear its SPECIAL for your store and its the reason people should buy it there.

Just saying "everyone who pre-orders" is clearly misleading. And Focus is a big fan of that.

I don't know if Focus does this more often, but this is very confusing. It might be the language barrier (english is not my 1th language) but I never understood that it meant that only the official store and steam would receive these bonusses.

And tbh, it would have been fine if people knew this from the get-go. That way people can make informed desicions.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 21 April 2016, 09:22

You can argument exactly opposite. If you sell something special on your store, you make absolutly clear its SPECIAL for your store and its the reason people should buy it there.

For me all parts are at fault.
Disclaimer is not really clear
Other retailers made borderline advertisment to get customers
Customer didn t look at what was the reality of the thing he bought

The best move from Focus to avoid bad advertisment and not give free money should be :
1/ All buyers before release get early adopter status
2/ Take a bunch of Inquisitors and go see all those retailers to teach them what happens when you mess up with servants of the Emperor
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Levandor

Postby Levandor » 21 April 2016, 09:26

Forget it, my bad
Last edited by Levandor on 21 April 2016, 09:33, edited 2 times in total.

Netheos
Focus Team

Postby Netheos » 21 April 2016, 09:30

Update: Added Gamesplanet in the official retailers for the Early Adopter Edition in my initial post, as well as the potential physical copies

Netheos wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry if you missed the info but the only shops to get the Early Adopter Edition (Space Marine fleet + an additional faction yet to be unveiled for free if you buy until 2 months after launch) are the Official Store, Steam and Gamesplanet.

The potential physical copies of the game are also Early Adopter Editions.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”