early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
tERRIK

Re: early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby tERRIK » 20 April 2016, 20:29

We are also thrilled to announce the beginning of pre-orders for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. In order to reward the commitment of players who will support us during the pre-order phase, and those who will join the community during the first couple of months following the game's launch, we decided to offer to these "early adopters", for free, an additional faction - the Space Marines - which will be available to play a few weeks after launch.

This additional faction will be playable in battles played in both Multiplayer modes and in skirmish against the AI. Players who pre-order the game will also receive access to the Multiplayer Beta, that will start a few weeks before the official launch.

Feel free to point out how this entire statement isn't ambiguous. It's simply for those who pre-order. In the pre-order phase. Which is before the game is released. Who also can blame people who pre-ordered, and got into the beta, as people who pre-ordered are promised, to also expect the other things promised to those who pre-order? It's not about reading the "fine print", because there is no fine print to read. "Pre-order" is a pretty unambiguous statement. The ambiguity comes from now saying, "Weelllllll only from certain vendors". Seeing as how it was never explicitly stated, or even mentioned in their own announcements, I don't see why it's unreasonable for people to be upset. It is also true, that Tinaldos may not have a real grasp of whats going on with distribution.

All I'm saying is some people are going to feel burned. Since I have no way of knowing who bought the game on Steam proper vs places like GMG, I have no idea if this is a big deal or not, but I certainly remember the DLC shenanigans that sunk Evolve and I'd hate to see the games' publicity damaged over something like this.

Clowater

Postby Clowater » 20 April 2016, 23:37

I have no sympathy for people who buy second hand or discounted product.

If you're penny pinching, then you'll get what you pay for.

i doubt it's the developers decision to have 3rd party keys anyways. At the end of the day they submit to steam. If you aren't getting it from steam, then it's your own fault.
Last edited by Clowater on 20 April 2016, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

jasta85

Postby jasta85 » 20 April 2016, 23:43

Netheos wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry if you missed the info but the only shops to get the Early Adopter Edition (Space Marine fleet + an additional faction yet to be unveiled for free if you buy until 2 months after launch) are the Official Store and Steam.

So how do people who purchased on other sites get the space marines? I assume it will be DLC added on later, but does that not get added until after the early adopter offer expires? I'd rather not wait several months after release before being able to play them. really wish gmg offered refunds now

tingeltangelflo

Postby tingeltangelflo » 21 April 2016, 00:19

Clowater wrote:I have no sympathy for people who buy second hand or discounted product.

If you're penny pinching, then you'll get what you pay for.

i doubt it's the developers decision to have 3rd party keys anyways. At the end of the day they submit to steam. If you aren't getting it from steam, then it's your own fault.

I needed to make an account just for that.

This is one of the worst worst worst sentence in this thread. "If you not buy from steam than its your own fault" Way to support monopolys mate. Hurray for capitalism. This sentence is so far beyond any reason, we just leave it at: NO. Just NO.

On the topic. I too bought from gmg, and i am kinda pissed that i will not get the early adopter apearently. Why? I mean i am in Beta since i bought the game, and provided Feedback, and tested stuff, so how am i less an early adopter than other people?
Greenmangaming is hardly shady, albeit you defenders of righteous BUY ONLY ON STEAM BRA will find proof of it beeing otherwise.
Right, Greenmangaming didnt advertise it with the preorder boni. BUT. ! The Steam and the Gamesite itself just stay "buy this game before launch or until 2 month after to get" This could, and has lead people to think, okay, buying the game is what works.

BESIDES: That would mean, Focus has different set of Keys for 3rd Party, their own site and steam. If thats the case, they hardly "dont want 3rd party sites to sell their keys" but rather enforce said monopoly which is also bad.

In the End, Tindalos is not to blame. Focus definitly is. Focus has already worked so many Games Workshop based games into the ground, its really breathtakingly bad. I am just noting Blood Bowl 2 here, where appearently the Devs were pressed into Releasing the game so pretty hard turning it into a mess at the start. They ended up giving out both preorder boni to all preorders and more....

CTCParadox

Postby CTCParadox » 21 April 2016, 01:53

In the end Focus and Tindalos are not responsible for what happens with resellers.
If the keys they use are normal Steam keys then there's no reason to suspect you won't get the early adopter bonuses.
Netheos just said they can't guarantee anything, which is fair enough.

Clowater

Postby Clowater » 21 April 2016, 02:45

So if I buy a key from another site, that buys steam keys at a discount, which is passed on to me... Doesn't my money still end up in the steam wallet?

Glad I paid the extra $5.00

shindig

Postby shindig » 21 April 2016, 06:00

I preordered off GMG quite some time ago. I did so after reading this, off of the FOCUS page:

"We are also thrilled to announce the beginning of pre-orders for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. In order to reward the commitment of players who will support us during the pre-order phase, and those who will join the community during the first couple of months following the game's launch, we decided to offer to these 'early adopters', for free, an additional faction - the Space Marines - which will be available to play a few weeks after launch. This additional faction will be playable in battles played in both Multiplayer modes and in skirmish against the AI. Players who pre-order the game will also receive access to the Multiplayer Beta, that will start a few weeks before the official launch."

Nowhere does it say these bonuses are something the retailer provides. Why would I look for "fine print" on GMGs site. Based on that statement, this is something the publisher/dev has promised for anyone joining the community withing a specific time period... as I, and many others here have.

Here's hoping they deliver what they've promised. If not, I won't be able to do much about it but avoid future purchases =(

milkshaker

Postby milkshaker » 21 April 2016, 06:47

Well, this could definately have made clearer at the start. This is the kind of thing that leaves a sour taste in people's mouth about a game.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 21 April 2016, 07:02

Step 1 : Purchase from shady stores
Step 2 : Get angry when your discount item does not work
Step 3 : Outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!

You deserve to not get preorder rewards because you lack any common sense. Stupidity has its costs, and it may have costed you a free DLC.

Perhaps the discount makes up for it, perhaps not, but stop whining, you only have yourselves to blame for making stupid decisions.

So stop crying here and learn from your mistakes.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

shindig

Postby shindig » 21 April 2016, 07:44

Imperator5 wrote:Step 1 : Purchase from shady stores
Step 2 : Get angry when your discount item does not work
Step 3 : Outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!

You deserve to not get preorder rewards because you lack any common sense. Stupidity has its costs, and it may have costed you a free DLC.

Perhaps the discount makes up for it, perhaps not, but stop whining, you only have yourselves to blame for making stupid decisions.

So stop crying here and learn from your mistakes.

1. GMG isn't shady.
2. No ones angry, because as of yet no one knows if we'll actually get the rewards or not..
3. No ones outraged, yet.
We "deserve" the rewards because, as Focus' statement says, we're early adopters... if we don't, that's on Focus for not being clear with their statement, and in that case they're to blame not us. If you're so blind that you can't see where we're coming from, especially after I quoted the actual statement, well.. that's just sad.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”