early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
miffed

Re: early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby miffed » 20 April 2016, 19:08

Netheos wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry if you missed the info but the only shops to get the Early Adopter Edition (Space Marine fleet + an additional faction yet to be unveiled for free if you buy until 2 months after launch) are the Official Store and Steam.

Absolutely disgusting policy company's like yours are ruining gaming pulling stuff like this any game registered on steam and active at time of release or bought from your store should get this they are pre purchasers.

http://www.focus-home.com/en/news/1006- ... ve-trailer.

Especialy after the line "We are also thrilled to announce the beginning of pre-orders for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. In order to reward the commitment of players who will support us during the PRE-ORDER PHASE, and those who will join the community during the first couple of months following the game's launch, we decided to offer to these 'early adopters', for free," So you basicly LIED

I will be actively telling my friends and spreading this on social media to stay away from this as its plain to see from this and lack of any kind of feedback from tindalos they dont give a crap about their customers.

I will be be seeking a refund on this

tERRIK

Postby tERRIK » 20 April 2016, 19:35

Yeah thatis kind of grossly unfair to people who supported the game for weeks now.

omikronos

Postby omikronos » 20 April 2016, 19:40

@miffed: you made an account just to accuse the developers of lying? how cute :P
If you like the game, enjoy it, and want the preoder incentives then go ahead and buy it off Steam, or their
official website, otherwise stop acting like a child that you don't get the same incentives on GmG because you want to buy
from them as it is exactly 1.69 Euros cheaper. :ugeek:
Have a nice evening.

tERRIK

Postby tERRIK » 20 April 2016, 19:46

omikronos wrote:@miffed: you made an account just to accuse the developers of lying? how cute :P
If you like the game, enjoy it, and want the preoder incentives then go ahead and buy it off Steam, or their
official website, otherwise stop acting like a child that you don't get the same incentives on GmG because you want to buy
from them as it is exactly 1.69 Euros cheaper. :ugeek:
Have a nice evening.

The point is it was never clear. If you pre-order, you pre-order. A steam key is a steam key. I'll bet you had it been made clear from the start that bonuses would ONLY be available from CERTAIN sites, then people would have made their choices accordingly. Don't be shocked if hordes of angry people start showing up and negative feedback starts appearing because "Surprise!" you don't get to be an early adopter, despite pre-ordering weeks ago, and most vendors, unlike steam itself, will not allow refunds to let players purchase it directly through the steam store itself. It's bad publicity that's simply not worth it.

RedFish

Postby RedFish » 20 April 2016, 20:02

If your seller didn't specifically promise you any pre-order DLC, then you probably aren't entitled to it. I ordered from Gamesplanet.com, and they promise it.

Ashe

Postby Ashe » 20 April 2016, 20:05

If Steam sold some Game-keys to to other merchants websites but can not guarantee to provide DLC-keys after that, i think the blame come more from Steam and the Website than Tindalos or Focus Home (who probalby provide all the Keys to Steam).

Sowaka

Postby Sowaka » 20 April 2016, 20:12

Just to clarify... The sites that might not offer the pre-order bonus content aren't official retailers of the product, are they? From what I can tell the only retailers mentioned on the BFGA website are their own site and steam. Any other retailer would be a third-party purchase, no?

Sort of like buying a happy meal from the back of a truck and being upset you didn't get a toy...?

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 20 April 2016, 20:12

The point is it was never clear. If you pre-order, you pre-order. A steam key is a steam key. I'll bet you had it been made clear from the start that bonuses would ONLY be available from CERTAIN sites, then people would have made their choices accordingly. Don't be shocked if hordes of angry people start showing up and negative feedback starts appearing because "Surprise!" you don't get to be an early adopter, despite pre-ordering weeks ago, and most vendors, unlike steam itself, will not allow refunds to let players purchase it directly through the steam store itself. It's bad publicity that's simply not worth it.

I m never shocked when people who don t bother read all fine prints before buy come to rage.
If the site you bought the game from didn t advertised clearly what the version he sold contained, it is not devs fault
Repent, for tomorrow you die

RedFish

Postby RedFish » 20 April 2016, 20:18

Let's also be clear, that the good folks at Tindalos might not know about everyone distributing their product. I imagine they are not actually in charge of distribution.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 20 April 2016, 20:21

Just out of curiosity, since I never used those reselling sites:
Is it the norm that you gain access to stuff like early adopter rewards through them?

One of the reasons I ask is because I looked up some sites and none of those say something about it granting the early adopter reward for BFG:A, but only the access to the beta, which would have made me suspicious and probably would have double checked before purchasing.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”