early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Sagranda

Re: early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby Sagranda » 25 April 2016, 15:25

KillerOrc wrote:
Sagranda wrote:

Focus needed only a few more words in their statement and those are "purchased in the official store and steam" and it wouldn't have been ambiguous.

1. No matter what a statement, advertisement or whatever from a Publisher, the offer of a store can still vary....

^ That and if Focus came out with the statement about early adopters addition earlier this would be a non-problem ^

All in all. Bad handled PR from Focus. But this is a great game which I will keep playing! Already have over 100+ hours in it :D

I don´t blame GMG, Amazon or Tindalos etc the least. I do however blame Focus for their extremely late, hidden and lacking information. They are such a big ( ¿and experienced? ) company they should have foreseen this and taken steps to prevent this debacle.

PS: Sorry for posting more, but from time to time this is a rather amusing thread. And yes, I did buy my game from GMG and I don´t regret it. ;)

Se you all in the battle space. ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ!!!

great to see how you ignore all the rest of the post just to blindly focus on Focus alone.

Why don't you blame GMG when they openly admit that they advertised something they didn't offer?

One can't even blame Amazon, since they used an accurate description of their offer.
Whoever bought from Amazon thinking that they would get the pre-purchase offer has to blame themselves to a certain degree.

Casually wrote:6. GMG openly admits that they advertised the game incorrectly.
8. My personal opinion is that Focus should price the DLC at whatever the difference in price between GMG and Focus is, thereby deflating the entire issue OR simply provide the DLC for free to everyone who has a legit version within the first two months of release. Either of these solutions would go a long way towards fostering good will with the community and would increase the likelihood of players purchasing subsequent DLC along the way.

Here's the thing I don't understand.
GMG openly admits that they used wrong advertisement, the same thing people in here accuse Focus of, but NO-ONE wants GMG to stand up for their wrongdoing and Focus alone should take responsibility.
That doesn't make sense in my eyes.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

hellraiz0r

Postby hellraiz0r » 25 April 2016, 16:31

i've purchased on http://www.mmoga.com as most of the time. i want the reward too!

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 25 April 2016, 17:05

hellraiz0r wrote:i've purchased on http://www.mmoga.com as most of the time. i want the reward too!

Which one of the two versions?

If it is this:
http://www.mmoga.com/Steam-Games/Battle ... ition.html

Then I would ask the support of the site or the Focus support if it is legit or not.
If it isn't, then you have to duke it wout with the mmoga support

If it is this:
http://www.mmoga.com/Steam-Games/Battle ... rmada.html

well, you probably won't get it according to the description
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

shindig

Postby shindig » 25 April 2016, 17:21

Sagranda wrote:Why don't you blame GMG when they openly admit that they advertised something they didn't offer?

Sagranda wrote:One can't even blame Amazon, since they used an accurate description of their offer.
Whoever bought from Amazon thinking that they would get the pre-purchase offer has to blame themselves to a certain degree.

The reason people are pointing fingers at Focus is because they are mostly to blame for this situation.

Here's the steps most of us followed - Read Focus announcement, see no mention of a retailer... BUT you DO see Focus say ANYONE is an early adopter as long as they preorder or buy within the first two months (no mention or link to specific retailers). You jump straight to Amazon, Gamestop, Gamersgate, GMG (it doesn't matter if they advertised it for a short period, they got rid of it pretty fast most of us never even saw it). Preorder. Find out Focus wasn't clear in their announcement.

It's easy to blame the customer for not doing more research, but my point remains - why would we have had to if we were going on the words of the publisher?

KillerOrc

Postby KillerOrc » 25 April 2016, 17:24

Sagranda wrote:
KillerOrc wrote:
Sagranda wrote:

Focus needed only a few more words in their statement and those are "purchased in the official store and steam" and it wouldn't have been ambiguous.

1. No matter what a statement, advertisement or whatever from a Publisher, the offer of a store can still vary....

^ That and if Focus came out with the statement about early adopters addition earlier this would be a non-problem ^

All in all. Bad handled PR from Focus. But this is a great game which I will keep playing! Already have over 100+ hours in it :D

I don´t blame GMG, Amazon or Tindalos etc the least. I do however blame Focus for their extremely late, hidden and lacking information. They are such a big ( ¿and experienced? ) company they should have foreseen this and taken steps to prevent this debacle.

PS: Sorry for posting more, but from time to time this is a rather amusing thread. And yes, I did buy my game from GMG and I don´t regret it. ;)

great to see how you ignore all the rest of the post just to blindly focus on Focus alone.

Why don't you blame GMG when they openly admit that they advertised something they didn't offer?

One can't even blame Amazon, since they used an accurate description of their offer.

8. My personal opinion is that Focus should price the DLC at whatever the difference in price between GMG and Focus is, thereby deflating the entire issue OR simply provide the DLC for free to everyone who has a legit version within the first two months of release. Either of these solutions would go a long way towards fostering good will with the community and would increase the likelihood of players purchasing subsequent DLC along the way.

GMG openly admits that they used wrong advertisement, the same thing people in here accuse Focus of, but NO-ONE wants GMG to stand up for their wrongdoing and Focus alone should take responsibility.

You are truly dull mate, or just hung up on blaming everyone and everything in this thread! As you have posted in many many threads why should I who bought a game from GMG complain to them if I´m happy with the product?

To be honest I don´t want to blame anyone but if there is one focus at pointing fingers at it´s Focus for the bad information (see previous post). They, Focus are basically the sellers of the keys to the retailers. They know they should have gotten this information out way way earlier IF they wanted to avoid something like this.

But mainly! Did you see me whining about missing DLC´s and wanting them from free? Blaming Steam, GMG and Focus for not giving to them to me for free in my last post? NO! I did not!

I don´t blame them for that. I blame them for bad info as in my previous post you knuckle head. To be honest I thought ppl like you would appreciate posts like I did for the sole reason that I DON`T CLAIM THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET ANYTHING FOR FREE!. Isn´t that what you wanted to say to everybody all over this thread time and time again?

Just chill, or if that is to hard for you get a pill...
Orkses is neva defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin' so it don't count. If we runz for it we don't lose eva, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

I do play other factions az orkz in disguise.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 25 April 2016, 17:40

shindig wrote:
Sagranda wrote:Why don't you blame GMG when they openly admit that they advertised something they didn't offer?

Sagranda wrote:One can't even blame Amazon, since they used an accurate description of their offer.

The reason people are pointing fingers at Focus is because they are mostly to blame for this situation.

Here's the steps most of us followed - Read Focus announcement, see no mention of a retailer... BUT you DO see Focus say ANYONE is an early adopter as long as they preorder or buy within the first two months (no mention or link to specific retailers). You jump straight to Amazon, Gamestop, Gamersgate, GMG (it doesn't matter if they advertised it for a short period, they got rid of it pretty fast most of us never even saw it). Preorder. Find out Focus wasn't clear in their announcement.

It's easy to blame the customer for not doing more research, but my point remains - why would we have had to if we were going on the words of the publisher?

Reread the posts I made about it. I am sick of repeating myself over and over again

KillerOrc wrote:
Sagranda wrote:
KillerOrc wrote:^ That and if Focus came out with the statement about early adopters addition earlier this would be a non-problem ^

You are truly dull mate, or just hung up on blaming everyone and everything in this thread! As you have posted in many many threads why should I who bought a game from GMG complain to them if I´m happy with the product?

To be honest I don´t want to blame anyone but if there is one focus at pointing fingers at it´s Focus for the bad information (see previous post). They, Focus are basically the sellers of the keys to the retailers. They know they should have gotten this information out way way earlier IF they wanted to avoid something like this.

But mainly! Did you see me whining about missing DLC´s and wanting them from free? Blaming Steam, GMG and Focus for not giving to them to me for free in my last post? NO! I did not!

I don´t blame them for that. I blame them for bad info as in my previous post you knuckle head. To be honest I thought ppl like you would appreciate posts like I did for the sole reason that I DON`T CLAIM THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET ANYTHING FOR FREE!. Isn´t that what you wanted to say to everybody all over this thread time and time again?

Just chill, or if that is to hard for you get a pill...

just misunderstood the intention of your post, since I only see people calling out Focus for bad pr, rightfully so, while no-one points a finger at GMG for using wrong advertisement, too.
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Sanguinebutthole

Postby Sanguinebutthole » 25 April 2016, 19:19

So, I want to just be done with it and say screw these losers and let em suffer. However, would also like to help them. Let them know they are wrong and fighting an unwinnable battle and should just get a refund from GMG and repurchase the game from Steam if the yet to come DLC is do important to them. This cat below laid it out pretty damn well. Since no one can comprehend how I lay it out, I thought I would share his well arranged and informative post to see if this sheds light for the naysayers. While I expect more insults, angst, salt, and downright vitriol, maybe just maybe this will get through and help someone. I wanna thank and give credit to those I am qouting, this is all theirs not mine, I am just sharing their hard work. ;-) A lot of salt on that thread also, but some of those guys lay it out pretty good to understand.

Or you can view it on Steam and a better layout http://steamcommunity.com/app/363680/di ... 369980/#p8

[quote=Connatic;357284131803701836][quote=obliviondoll;357284131803420329]Focus (publisher) store:http://uk-focushop.nexway.com/games/real-time-strategy/battlefleet-gothic-armada-805951.html
Shows specific mention of early adopter edition.

Steam store:http://store.steampowered.com/app/363680
Specific mention of early adopter edition.

Overview trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkNIBSNGVs
Specific mention of the early adopter bonus for people who buy on STEAM.

Official site's page with early adopter info:http://www.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/en/shop
Explicitly links to the Steam and Focus stores, no other sources.

Nowhere I can find with any official announcement that ALL early adopter purchases ANYWHERE will get the bonus. [/quote]

EXACTLY. Focus did not set a trap. GmG was sellling discounted Steam keys. Maybe they could have clarified about no DLC bonuses with their keys, but it would still be on GmG!, not the game developers, not Focus. If GmG did mention the Early Adopters bonus, then GmG was lying and it's definitely on them.

There is only ONE version of this game. You just get free DLC when buying it from Steam. Steam will sell the DLC when it comes out.

Lets face it, the real reason people are getting mad, is because the Grey Market site GmG gives ZERO refunds except for keys that don't work at all. So now people are trying to place the blame on the devs and try to shame them into giving away DLC for everyone to try and fix this "bad PR", since they know GmG won't do it. Pretty dirty guys. Stop making up drama just to fix a mistake you made. You are unfairly making the devs sound like crooks when it's obvious to anyone that looks beyond the 140 characters of Twitter rage, that this is not the case.

Also to that guy who said GmG never advertised the Early Adopter's edition, they DID prior to Feb 29 and have since fixed that mistake.
Then you take your pitchforks to GmG...not the devs. The offical links from their main site takes you to Steam to buy it, no mention of GmG anywhere on their sites or Steam. [/quote]
Last edited by Sanguinebutthole on 25 April 2016, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Dear God, please give us back Prince. We are willing to give you Kanye, Lil' Wayne, the Kardashians, and every single twitch and youtube streaming bozo...oh and people confused about what john to use in public...

shindig

Postby shindig » 25 April 2016, 19:23

It's nice that GMG fixed their page on the 29th of Feb. Too bad Focus didn't "fix" theirs . Doesn't change the FACT that anyone who bought the game from GMG (or anywhere else) after the Feb 29th, using Focus' very own announcement as a source was under the impression they would be early adopters.

This is something Focus should've clarified early on - not right before release when it was too late.

hellraiz0r

Postby hellraiz0r » 26 April 2016, 10:38

Sagranda wrote:
hellraiz0r wrote:i've purchased on http://www.mmoga.com as most of the time. i want the reward too!

Which one of the two versions?

If it is this:
http://www.mmoga.com/Steam-Games/Battle ... ition.html

Then I would ask the support of the site or the Focus support if it is legit or not.
If it isn't, then you have to duke it wout with the mmoga support

If it is this:
http://www.mmoga.com/Steam-Games/Battle ... rmada.html

well, you probably won't get it according to the description

thanks for your input! I've contacted mmoga and wait now for their answer.

Caine-HoA

Postby Caine-HoA » 26 April 2016, 12:10

I can see both sides of the coin.

I mean i read it on Steam. I read that all who buy it until one month after release would get them because they are considered early adopters.

I bought a steam key yet not on steam.

As a consumer i made to believe i will get it.

However as a game designer/developer myself you set a price for a product, if people arent willing to pay that they should wait for a discount or at least deal with what they got from resellers.

There is obviously a grey zone involved when shops sell stuff for a lot less than the official price.

I obviously wouldnt be happy if i wouldnt get the fleets. It was at least communicated badly.

It should also be possible to give the players the dlcs at a certain point. Of course that would involve some additional work.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”